• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is the maximum resolution that CDVDM reproduces.

antipodes

My understanding is that CDVDM has a reduced ability to reproduce the highest picture quality compared to Blu-ray and DVDs. What is the maximum image quality that CDVDM can reproduce and will the new rebuild enhance the image quality? Also what is the equipment cut-off point for CDVDM I use mine for Mobile phones but I understand it can be used for Ipads or tablets?

CDVDMobile doesn't work with Bluray, so the maximum quality is whatever the DVD being processed has. Quality can vary with the output method chosen and the resolution and output quality selected.

The only realistic cutoff of what devices can use "mobilized" video files is what video formats do the devices support.

For instance my Fire (Color Fire, 2015 edition) has a wide range of "officially supported" formats, MP4 and MKV being two. In actual fact my Fire works with MP4 just fine. MKV files, though, show up as video files but won't play. At least the 3 files I created as a test.

CDVDMobile doesn't work with Bluray, so the maximum quality is whatever the DVD being processed has. Quality can vary with the output method chosen and the resolution and output quality selected.

The only realistic cutoff of what devices can use "mobilized" video files is what video formats do the devices support.

For instance my Fire (Color Fire, 2015 edition) has a wide range of "officially supported" formats, MP4 and MKV being two. In actual fact my Fire works with MP4 just fine. MKV files, though, show up as video files but won't play. At least the 3 files I created as a test.
It usually matter just as much, if not more what codecs are used inside the MP4 or MKV files.

It usually matter just as much, if not more what codecs are used inside the MP4 or MKV files.
I figured as much. :)

But as I was merely testing out the video capabilities of a brand new Fire I was (and am) at the bottom end of the learning curve. ;)

I figured as much. :)

But as I was merely testing out the video capabilities of a brand new Fire I was (and am) at the bottom end of the learning curve. ;)
I suppose what I meant to ask was will the proposed redevelopment of CDVDM enable it to handle Blu-ray discs and high definition discs or will they remain in the domain of CloneBD? I assume from your earlier post that any mobile device will playback whatever codec the device is designed to handle. Thanks Furry Guy and Brian61UK.

I suppose what I meant to ask was will the proposed redevelopment of CDVDM enable it to handle Blu-ray discs and high definition discs or will they remain in the domain of CloneBD? I assume from your earlier post that any mobile device will playback whatever codec the device is designed to handle. Thanks Furry Guy and Brian61UK.
CloneDVDMobile will be only for DVDs, CloneBD for Bluray.

The playback capabilities of any particular device is independent of whatever tool is used to create the file. At least that is what I understand with my admittedly limited knowledge of tablets and the like.

BTW, I didn't say "codec," I said "video format." Again, maybe that is my ignorance speaking loud, confusing the issue.

Personally I don't care what the source for a file is, DVD or Bluray. All I care about is: will this file play on my device?

The expected engine upgrade with CDVDM is dependent on CloneBD's development, but I seriously doubt the RedFox devs would poach all the hard work of the Elby guys trying to replicate what CloneBD does.

Just Ain't Gonna Happen.

CloneDVDMobile will be only for DVDs, CloneBD for Bluray.

The playback capabilities of any particular device is independent of whatever tool is used to create the file. At least that is what I understand with my admittedly limited knowledge of tablets and the like.

BTW, I didn't say "codec," I said "video format." Again, maybe that is my ignorance speaking loud, confusing the issue.

Personally I don't care what the source for a file is, DVD or Bluray. All I care about is: will this file play on my device?

The expected engine upgrade with CDVDM is dependent on CloneBD's development, but I seriously doubt the RedFox devs would poach all the hard work of the Elby guys trying to replicate what CloneBD does.

Just Ain't Gonna Happen.
Thanks Furry Guy; I think your right about "just aint gonna happen" I am just puzzled about the level of High Definition material ADVDM can process. I am more ignorant than you are.

Back