• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone recommend a bitcoin service for Australia?

zent

I was looking at Circle, which for US and UK customers. I was wondering if there is something similar that Australians could use. I notice that this is one of those services that retain your wallet or whatever that means, where you do not require a software program of a wallet on your own computer.
On the other hand, is there something recommended for Australians using a software program, and then obtaining the pesky bitcoins somewhere or other?

I was looking at Circle, which for US and UK customers. I was wondering if there is something similar that Australians could use. I notice that this is one of those services that retain your wallet or whatever that means, where you do not require a software program of a wallet on your own computer.
On the other hand, is there something recommended for Australians using a software program, and then obtaining the pesky bitcoins somewhere or other?

I used Coinjar and would recommend it. It's an online wallet so there is no software to install on your computer. To have full access you need to upload proof of your residence and identity.

When you are all set up you get a BPay reference to pay AUD into the account. Alternatively, if your bank supports it you can use Poli transfers. Within 1-3 days your money will hit your Coinjar account and then you can purchase Bitcoin, or pay to someones wallet and the AUD to Bitcoin conversion will happen automatically.

You can't link your credit card to it to make payments like Circle, though.

Does Visa or MC not work there?

Remember this Aussie guy? Just saying, Aussies are smart.

Last edited:
The first time I met physicists from Australia I point blank asked them "So does the water run counter down the drain in the opposite direction south of the equator".
They were all in agreement that it does happen but is dependent on other factors like the design of the plumbing.
I was like "Well, don't you guys design your plumbing in the opposite direction south of the equator too? .." :)

Joking aside though, it is not a myth that the water flows down in a drain in the opposite direction depending on which side of the equator you are.

Last edited:
OP IIRC had some issues using a visa card and Mastercard is still not available on the RedFox store. So their only other option is a bitcoin purchase.
If the OP said that then we can see but the first post never mentions that. So now sure where you go the details but I don't see them mentioning Visa or MC in their post.

If the OP said that then we can see but the first post never mentions that. So now sure where you go the details but I don't see them mentioning Visa or MC in their post.
Was in another thread.

Please stay on topic, I haven't seen any kiwi's, fruit; bird or persons ending with dotcom spend Bitcoin.

Well, the OP asked about Bitcoin so...

Services like Circle tend to block credit cards from unsupported regions. I can't say this definitively as I didn't try myself, I just took it on face value that it wasn't going to work for Australia.

Doesn't look like OP has been back yet.

I used Coinjar and would recommend it. It's an online wallet so there is no software to install on your computer. To have full access you need to upload proof of your residence and identity.

When you are all set up you get a BPay reference to pay AUD into the account. Alternatively, if your bank supports it you can use Poli transfers. Within 1-3 days your money will hit your Coinjar account and then you can purchase Bitcoin, or pay to someones wallet and the AUD to Bitcoin conversion will happen automatically.

You can't link your credit card to it to make payments like Circle, though.

Thanks, I think I've already responded to you in another thread by now too.
I'm waiting for funds to show after transferring using BPay, which I did Saturday night. I reached pre-approval which might have been enough, my address document had issues, but I am fully verified now.
I've looked at the site, and Coinjar make it quite plain that they do not want credit card payments in Australia, and they say UK users can do it.
I could easily have made a payment from credit card on my online bank account with BPay. Coinjar say that if you do pay by credit card, it gets delayed, needs more attention, and gets a 2.9% fee or higher. I don't get the point of Poli after using BPay.
You can see on the Circle web site that they only accept Mastercard from UK and US.

Not sure if I need to say it, but I started on bitcoin because I couldn't use Mastercard to purchase AnyDVD. I delayed returning to this thread after the first response was 'google it'. Googling is research, and asking on here is research. I've been searching on bitcoin for a long time, and getting Coinjar at the top of a search result is the first time anything seemed to work out. I was about to use what was on bitcoin.com I think it was, and use a software wallet, but was delayed while checking my computer all day for viruses, then I found Coinjar.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that I was such a newbie that I didn't even know how to use BPay. I actually went to the BPay site thinking I needed to sign in. Till I worked out that I only had to enter numbers on the payment page of my bank account. It's got me started using BPay for bills. I did want to work out bitcoin, I needed it for something else as well, but it seemed so inscrutable to work it out. Coinjar really is quite simple when you get down to it, notwithstanding all kinds of complications you might want to try with bitcoin eventually.

Back