• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How long wil this last?

Thanks, doesn't much matter why at this point, suspect 20% discount will always be there ala slysoft so we got nothing. Gonna re-up anyway, just got back from 7 week road trip, too tired to read all about it. In a couple days maybe, curious as to why we didnt get what we were promised. Had utmost respect for these guys to keep there word.....

Then you didn't do the research as I told you. It would have told you why. Long story very short, support staff nightmare and they didn't have an up to date email for every license holder.

No I didn't, yet. 10,000+ mile road trip 65 years old did all the driving. Tired. Very tired. Just wanted to know why without spending hours reading whining etc. Thanks for condensing it. Seems like lame excuse, could've gotten emails by the asking. It is what it is, not speaking for other folks but personally feel a bit betrayed. Thats all I'm gonna say. Appreciate your input and explanation.

mcm

Lame excuse, I doubt it. Thousands of emails with personalized coupons would need to be sent out of asking to contact support. Resulting in thousands of support tickets for LTL's alone. They don't have thousands of support staff. They're already swamped right now with the discount offer for the unlucky buyers support tickets. So they made the wise choice to make it a global discount. Besides "e-mails by the asking", how exactly would you have them ask for e-mails? Not everyone uses their real name details & address during registration? You expect them to send you a letter in the mail or a phonecall? Yeah right...

No I didn't, yet. 10,000+ mile road trip 65 years old did all the driving. Tired. Very tired. Just wanted to know why without spending hours reading whining etc. Thanks for condensing it. Seems like lame excuse, could've gotten emails by the asking. It is what it is, not speaking for other folks but personally feel a bit betrayed. Thats all I'm gonna say. Appreciate your input and explanation.

mcm
No it really was/is the best option for everyone involved. Trust him when he says they were swamped just dealing with the 50%/1yr people because they are and then you add the long time owners that think their entitled to it as well. They also decided to offer the LTL for AnyDVDHD as well which in itself is a benefit for us and not them . You were here when this ALL went down and you probably remember what was said about the LTL for AnyDVDHD. So I'll take that over a one time discount of any amount really. As far as the continuation of the global 20% discount after July 24th is doubtful. Unless it's because of the MasterCard issue they are having which is preventing people from purchasing a license. But is totally up to them. Now as a former 2x sly LTL holder I am more than satisfied with how they chose to do this. 20% off the top till July 24th, and if you purchase the other two products (but your not required to) you can get up to another 20% that will be added after the global at checkout . And if you use bitcoin there is another 10% off available to you. So yea I think they did a great service to us. Remember what the alternative is without RedFox. Nothing .

No it really was/is the best option for everyone involved. Trust him when he says they were swamped just dealing with the 50%/1yr people because they are and then you add the long time owners that think their entitled to it as well. They also decided to offer the LTL for AnyDVDHD as well which in itself is a benefit for us and not them . You were here when this ALL went down and you probably remember what was said about the LTL for AnyDVDHD. So I'll take that over a one time discount of any amount really. As far as the continuation of the global 20% discount after July 24th is doubtful. Unless it's because of the MasterCard issue they are having which is preventing people from purchasing a license. But is totally up to them. Now as a former 2x sly LTL holder I am more than satisfied with how they chose to do this. 20% off the top till July 24th, and if you purchase the other two products (but your not required to) you can get up to another 20% that will be added after the global at checkout . And if you use bitcoin there is another 10% off available to you. So yea I think they did a great service to us. Remember what the alternative is without RedFox. Nothing .

Anyone can always justify a decision. Previous LTL owners were promised a "special discount" and you know that as well as I do. If they are swamped, they knew it was gonna happen and should be prepared for it. The email excuse is just that, justification of a decision. They already have most if not all addresses like when they send out update notifications. If not, had months to gather them.

Don't feel entitled to anything. A promise was made. Great product indeed but that is not in question. When someone gives their word as a man, I expect them to keep it. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't take things like that lightly. If you give your word, keep it and figure out the consequences or don't do it in the first place.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter, it is what it is. I think promises once stated should be kept and not be made off the cuff or whatever. Lose respect but gain money. On the other hand they could have not issued new LTL's and made even more money. So that is a good thing and TBH unexpected. Of course yearly licenses would be a tracking nightmare but would bring in much more money. I just think a promise once made should be kept or whomevers reputation goes down the drain. Am I wrong?

Anyone can always justify a decision. Previous LTL owners were promised a "special discount" and you know that as well as I do. If they are swamped, they knew it was gonna happen and should be prepared for it. The email excuse is just that, justification of a decision. They already have most if not all addresses like when they send out update notifications. If not, had months to gather them.

Don't feel entitled to anything. A promise was made. Great product indeed but that is not in question. When someone gives their word as a man, I expect them to keep it. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't take things like that lightly. If you give your word, keep it and figure out the consequences or don't do it in the first place.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter, it is what it is. I think promises once stated should be kept and not be made off the cuff or whatever. Lose respect but gain money. On the other hand they could have not issued new LTL's and made even more money. So that is a good thing and TBH unexpected. Of course yearly licenses would be a tracking nightmare but would bring in much more money. I just think a promise once made should be kept or whomevers reputation goes down the drain. Am I wrong?
They mentioned a discount. You get 20% off. Tell me or show me somewhere they mentioned any "numbers". All that was mentioned was to do something "nice". Their definition of "nice" was 20%, what is your definition of "nice"?

They already have most if not all addresses like when they send out update notifications. If not, had months to gather them.

Most addresses? You base that statement on what exactly? They don't, that has been said by Ivan and Jill (who is the support staff rep on the forums). There's also no way to contact everyone for the exact reasons stated above. Not everyone uses their real identity on the form, emails change,...

You want them to personally go around each and every address used to see if it exists and then if there a license holder there? Good luck with that one...

As far as I am concerned a 20 percent discount AND a lifetime license (one that was not expected) for AnyDVD HD MORE than makes up for a onetime discount greater than 20 percent. I would have paid the full price just for the lifetime license which overtime will more than compensate us users. I do not feel betrayed at all, I feel honored I do not have to continue purchaseing a license every year or every couple years. It was the perfect way to treat the former Slysoft customers AND future Redfox customers.

They were you just want your own special discount they already explained and yet people refuse to read the reason why.

What promise? Your posting would indicate you feel entitled. Slysoft is dead go ask Slysoft CEO the man and good luck with that. Old fashioned is no excuse to learn and understand the reason for Slysoft demise and RedFox project taking over where Slysoft closed.

Slysoft is DEAD is that news not enough for you? RedFox is and has nothing to do with Slysoft. This is what I am getting from reading your posting that your still stuck on Slysoft(DEAD) and not seeing the bigger picture.

They were you just want your own special discount they already explained and yet people refuse to read the reason why.

What promise? Your posting would indicate you feel entitled. Slysoft is dead go ask Slysoft CEO the man and good luck with that. Old fashioned is no excuse to learn and understand the reason for Slysoft demise and RedFox project taking over where Slysoft closed.

Slysoft is DEAD is that news not enough for you? RedFox is and has nothing to do with Slysoft. This is what I am getting from reading your posting that your still stuck on Slysoft(DEAD) and not seeing the bigger picture.

I do remember a promise of a "special discount". I remember reading a post where the developers were asked about pricing. I also remember this same post mentioning a discount for slysoft former license holders but nothing was said about WHAT THAT discount was or what form it would take.

I also remember there WAS NO MENTION in this post about being able to purchase a new lifetime license (it was not mentioned in the prelimenary posting) and no prices were set at that time. My take is the "special" discount in which we both remember is the New Redfox Lifetime license which over time will certainly make up for any inconveniences we would have purchasing new licenses over and over again every one to two years FOREVER (which is the lifetime of REDFOX not we the purchasers.

Perhaps I am remembering wrong?

All that was said was that they would 'think of something nice'. At NO point in time was anything specific stated on WHAT that something nice would be or HOW it would be done. It is not the fault of redfox if users jump to conclusions or expect certain things out methods to be used and those 'things' aren't met when final details are stated. That's nobody's fault but the one doing the expecting.

All that was said was that they would 'think of something nice'. At NO point in time was anything specific stated on WHAT that something nice would be or HOW it would be done. It is not the fault of redfox if users jump to conclusions or expect certain things out methods to be used and those 'things' aren't met when final details are stated. That's nobody's fault but the one doing the expecting.
I agree with you ch3vron. As I have stated, the first post never mentioned details and certainly did not list a lifetime license! It was stated there would be NO lifetime license. That something nice took the form of actually being able to purchase a new LTL and certainly that was "something special" no one was expecting.

They mentioned a discount. You get 20% off. Tell me or show me somewhere they mentioned any "numbers". All that was mentioned was to do something "nice". Their definition of "nice" was 20%, what is your definition of "nice"?

Something "nice" for current LTL owners only. Show me where that something is.......I read it, and I'm not the only one. It's probably still there. Was repeated enuff. This ain't just about me, but all prior LTL owners including you most likely.

Really??? I respectfully disagree and ask you to go back and read what was offered, if it's there.

Really? I'll advise you to do that same thing.

James' exact words were "We'll think of something nice", when it came to slysoft licenses no longer working. At NO point at any given time were specifics stated, or that that something nice would be limited to LIFETIME license holders only. In fact what was initially stated on top as well was that they were NOT going to offer lifetime licenses anymore and that AnyDVD was solely going to be a subscription based model. Now here's the FACTS. Until pricing and discounts options there were no details on any type of discounts either.

This is what they DID do:

- They reversed their own oppinion due to feedback and when pricing was released LIFETIME was an option again (they cut 4y licenses instead). Did they HAVE to do that? No, yet they did. To me that's something NICE!
- Did they have to offer discounts on top of that? NO! However they chose to offer all license holders a 20% automatic discount, and those that purchased only a few months before the shutdown a bigger one. Did they HAVE to do that? No, yet they did. To me that's something NICE!

It's not the fault of redfox that what they offer doesn't meet YOUR expectations of something nice. You don't HAVE to use AnyDVD, you have a choice.

This debate of what is or isn't "nice" or whether it meets your expectations is DONE, FINISHED, OVER AND OUT! The options as they are, are NICE and NOT up for debate. Make your choice, or take your whining elsewhere.

Further whining on if they options are nice or not will be deleted, no exceptions! This "nice" discussion (if you can call it that) has gone on long enough.

Really? I'll advise you to do that same thing.

James' exact words were "We'll think of something nice", when it came to slysoft licenses no longer working. At NO point at any given time were specifics stated, or that that something nice would be limited to LIFETIME license holders only. In fact what was initially stated on top as well was that they were NOT going to offer lifetime licenses anymore and that AnyDVD was solely going to be a subscription based model. Now here's the FACTS. Until pricing and discounts options there were no details on any type of discounts either.

This is what they DID do:

- They reversed their own oppinion due to feedback and when pricing was released LIFETIME was an option again (they cut 4y licenses instead). Did they HAVE to do that? No, yet they did. To me that's something NICE!
- Did they have to offer discounts on top of that? NO! However they chose to offer all license holders a 20% automatic discount, and those that purchased only a few months before the shutdown a bigger one. Did they HAVE to do that? No, yet they did. To me that's something NICE!

It's not the fault of redfox that what they offer doesn't meet YOUR expectations of something nice. You don't HAVE to use AnyDVD, you have a choice.

This debate of what is or isn't "nice" or whether it meets your expectations is DONE, FINISHED, OVER AND OUT! The options as they are, are NICE and NOT up for debate. Make your choice, or take your whining elsewhere.

Further whining on if they options are nice or not will be deleted, no exceptions! This "nice" discussion (if you can call it that) has gone on long enough.

You forgot to mention this as well.
They also hooked are SLYSOFT licensed version up to the REDFOX OPD so every valid license holder could still use it for new BD+ and every Screenpass disc .
Something that was very nice and they didn't have to do it. And that was just 7.6.9.1 . The next four .2,.3,.4, and the final .5 was just to fix disc's all without RedFox selling one license.
Something Extra Nice.
Oh and don't forget the most important thing they DID that was something super duper nice.
What's that you ask. Well I'll tell you what I'll repeat one thing ch3vy said. Just to make sure everyone gets it . Because it is the most important to us the really. And benefits us the most. Not RedFox.
Answer:
Offer A LIFETIME LICENSE even though they really,really,really DID NOT want to or have to. And most of all DID NOT need to.
But they DID.
And on top of all of that you get an automatic 20% before July 24. another 20% after that if you bundle all three products, 15% if two. And wait there's more. If you are willing to use bitcoin to purchase there is another 10% after that.
So in my opinion "something nice" was met and then some.
Above and beyond that's just what RedFox does. IMHO anyway.

Last edited:
Back