• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

8025 and bitdefender free

Bubbator

Hi, just an FYI, I posted below about 8204. 8205 anydvdtray.exe triggers 'barys' virus quarantine also, BUT bitdefender free won't exclude the file from quarantine. My solution was to replace bitdefender free with avira free av.
Avira works.
B

Remove it and get MSE that works fine for my Windows 7 and I don't have to do any exclude or exception.

MSE works fine if you limit your Internet use to only very reputable sites, such as this one and the makers of your hardware (for drivers).

MSE is an imposition to each and every user. It has one of the worst detection rate.
Agreed, it doesnt detect anything because its no darn good. If you want a Virus, use MSE.
Two false tales don't make a right. If you never used it don't knock it. Norton, McAfee are the worse bloatware and allow more attacks then any A/V in history to pass right through. Instead block legit programs as already seen here. And least one forgets those test sites are already biased against Microsoft already.
MSE works fine if you limit your Internet use to only very reputable sites, such as this one and the makers of your hardware (for drivers).
And you think other A/V are any better sounds like the koolaid is getting pretty good here. Put this way in the Past Norton and McAfee were good but now they are so bloatware and RAM hogs they fight the O/S rather then protect it. Even iNtel had to buy McAfee to keep it from going under.

I use BitDefender Free and was able to whitelist AnyDVDHD 8.0.2.4, though I did have to work with it just a little. When I updated to 8.0.2.5, another component had to be excluded. Very easy, all in all.

Two false tales don't make a right. If you never used it don't knock it. Norton, McAfee are the worse bloatware and allow more attacks then any A/V in history to pass right through. Instead block legit programs as already seen here. And least one forgets those test sites are already biased against Microsoft already.
And you think other A/V are any better sounds like the koolaid is getting pretty good here. Put this way in the Past Norton and McAfee were good but now they are so bloatware and RAM hogs they fight the O/S rather then protect it. Even iNtel had to buy McAfee to keep it from going under.
Every anti virus program is - more or less - snakeoil. Some of them are probably worse than the threats they are trying to protect you from. At least MSE doesn't destroy your computer. ;)

Every anti virus program is - more or less - snakeoil. Some of them are probably worse than the threats they are trying to protect you from. At least MSE doesn't destroy your computer. ;)
Win 10's Windows Defender, though, tends to fixate on one particular file on my two Win 10 Home boxes (x86 and x64). A component file of WinRAR: Default.SFX.

Win Defender is a pain trying to recover and whitelist a file it tags as "Trojan: Win32/Ipac.Flcl"

I have fixed many a broken computer simply by removing Mcafee or Norton. I even have apps that will "clean" a computer of those apps because they never fully get removed.
Those two programs used to be useful 10 years ago, now I call them Scarlet Fever and Yellow Fever respectively, ironically the box colors for each app is Red (Scarlet) and Yellow, lol.

It's those preloaded A/V's that are bad the ones you install yourself are fine IMO. There's just so much unnecessary, unused, unneeded, and unwanted crap that gets put in the installation it ridiculous really. But hey that's how you sell people stuff they don't need. Put it on there make them think it matters and then charge them for a FULL version right one module at a time.

It's those preloaded A/V's that are bad the ones you install yourself are fine IMO. There's just so much unnecessary, unused, unneeded, and unwanted crap that gets put in the installation it ridiculous really. But hey that's how you sell people stuff they don't need. Put it on there make them think it matters and then charge them for a FULL version right one module at a time.

The pre-installed ones are almost always McAfee or Norton.
If you walk into a Best Buy or Walmart all their display laptops are barking the same error message from Mcafee about your subscription expiring. It's on the screen in front of the retail demo, meaning it could potentially burn in on the screen and of course it takes away from the demo itself.
At the store I work for I went in and uninstalled it on all of them. Of course it wants the password which was pretty easy to find online.

Back