• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

old lifetime member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been a lifetime member for 3 or 4 years. In the first Moment I was very unhappy when I realized that SlySoft did not exist any longer. I followed the discussions and understood the Situation and thought, ok - a new Company, a new lifetime license - acceptable. But at that time it was promised, that old lifetime members would get a Discount.
I looked the last days and saw, that this has changed. It is ok to give a package Discount (I dont need it, as I have almost all licenses) and a 20% percent for all new members All in all the pricing is fair to introduce a new Software.

But I now have changed my mind. I will not buy it, as I am very uncomfortable, that I get ZERO Discount for my old lifetime license. It is not the Money, it is the principle.
It really disappoints me, that old members are having the same Discount as new customers even it was promised different before.

20% or at least 10% extra Discount or sth like that for old lt members would have been a must!

Sorry, so I will say bye bye.
Did you and all the other posters that have complained about buying a new Redfox licence, whether it be a LTL or 1/2/3 year object/complain/moan when your virus checker is renewed every year with an ever increasing price,so where are your principle's now?????????????? And yes I'm a LTL holder from the OLD Slysoft company since 2004 when Clonedvd2/Anydvd cost me the princely sum of £32, and I'll buy a Redfox licence from the NEW company, irrespective if there is a discount or not once the dust has settled regarding credit card payments

Did you and all the other posters that have complained about buying a new Redfox licence, whether it be a LTL or 1/2/3 year object/complain/moan when your virus checker is renewed every year with an ever increasing price,so where are your principle's now?????????????? And yes I'm a LTL holder from the OLD Slysoft company since 2004 when Clonedvd2/Anydvd cost me the princely sum of £32, and I'll buy a Redfox licence from the NEW company, irrespective if there is a discount or not once the dust has settled regarding credit card payments

better you read exactly what i write then shooting in the blue air, friend :)

Doubt 10% non former? Would you please stop making up number statistics? On the rest, can't address that, cause after reading it 3 times i still couldn't make sense of any of it. Severe lack of punctuation and sentences: wall of text impossible to understand

Exact thats the Point. Newcomers get the same Discount as existing LTL members.

I would have gladly paid for a new ltl if it had been less then a Newcomer has to pay.
I understand the princple of you not wanting to purchase a new license and I am betting with in a month or two you will change your mind as soon as you get over the shock.

smknLZRD.gif I thought that was a unique idea, so I went to the nearby Mercedes dealer and told him I owned a Chrysler car for a few years...so I expected a 50% discount on my new Mercedes.
The manager actually had to call for some oxygen for the salesman, he started laughing and laughing and couldn't stop.
Oh, well...it was worth a try...!
LOL!

Try this...add the cost of buying even a used DVD to replace a scratched or otherwise damaged disc ( say $2.00 US) times the years the LTL was working times the number of backups...does it equal more than $150? Duh...WAY more. I have put close to 2500 DVD files on my collection of HDDs, and with the exception of using Leawo ( got over THAT in a hurry!) all thanks to AnyDVD HD...LTL guy here.

Zo qvit deine bitchin', buy a new license, and move on mit'cher life.

View attachment 29475 I thought that was a unique idea, so I went to the nearby Mercedes dealer and told him I owned a Chrysler car for a few years...so I expected a 50% discount on my new Mercedes.
The manager actually had to call for some oxygen for the salesman, he started laughing and laughing and couldn't stop.
Oh, well...it was worth a try...!
LOL!
:ROFLMAO:
Yeah..I'd laugh if you expected that too, if I was the car dealer.
But I think he's saying it feels more like this instead...

If you went to the Mercedes dealer for service on your several year old car, and they told you the car dealer is different now. It's the same car name, but the dealers name now is Maxcedes, and you'll need to re-purchase your car, to get service on your car, from them.

Just as far-fetched, but I'm sure you get the idea of the feelings involved.

The only problem with now giving 50% to everyone, is they'd also need to refund 30% more to all the others who just got the 20% and paid already.
It would be a mess now, and not fair to those who've already paid without the larger amount discount, too.

So, it's best then, for some, as a small percentage will do...to not purchase as yet.
See how things go with RedFox.
If the customer can outlast their need to burn a BluRAY they just got, then they'll get time to calm their fears about RedFox being here long enough, to get the type of license they want, and feel it's worth it.

Plus, as RedFox is here for months and years... The customer may be lucky to see another discount that they like, and not miss out on it this time.(y)

Zo qvit deine bitchin', buy a new license, and move on mit'cher life.

It's not bitchin...it's just understandable customer fears, and hurt feelings.
It's not going to change, and customers have a right to be angry, but RedFox already made-up their minds, and can't change it now or it's not fair to the ones who already purchased at only 20% off.

:cool:

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:
Yeah..I'd laugh if you expected that too, if I was the car dealer.
But it think he's saying it feels more like this instead...

If you went to the Mercedes dealer for service on your several year old car, and they told you the car dealer is different now. It's the same car name, but the dealers name now is Maxcedes, and you'll need to re-purchase your car, to get service on your car, from them.

Just as far-fetched, but I'm sure you get the idea of the feelings involved.

The only problem with now giving 50% to everyone, is they'd also need to refund 30% more to all the others who just got the 20% and paid already.
It would be a mess now, and not fair to those who've already paid without the larger amount discount, too.

So, it's best then, for some, as a small percentage will do...to not purchase as yet.
See how things go with RedFox.
If the customer can outlast their need to burn a BluRAY they just got, then they'll get time to calm their fears about RedFox being here long enough, to get the type of license they want, and feel it's worth it.

Plus, as RedFox is here for months and years... The customer may be lucky to see another discount that they like, and not miss out on it this time.(y)

It's not bitchin...it's just understandable customer fears, and hurt feelings.
It's not going to change, and customers have a right to be angry, but RedFox already made-up their minds, and can't change it now or it's not fair to the ones who already purchased at only 20% off.

:cool:
You sound like you're channeling Neville Chamberlin...

Yes, it IS just like what I said...a Mercedes dealer doesn't issue the Mercedes warranty, Mercedes does. Same product, same owner...
If Indian Motorcycles went out of business...oh, wait...they did!...and today you want to buy a new Indian Motorcycle (say, a Chieftain 2016 model) and because you had an Indian new RIGHT before the factory closed (in 1953) you insist they 1) fix your 74 year old motorcycle under the old warranty or 2) give you a 50% discount.

If you are outraged because 12 years after buying a guaranteed replacement "blades" for Life! "weedeater attachment", off of late night TV, they went outa business...seek therapy.
But not realizing that when a company is gone...over, kaput, gone fishin'...that's it...and complaining - is definitely BITCHIN'!

Someone buying a branded product and offering it as a new company...that's common everyday business.
You don't get new owners paying old owner's bills...or give favorite customer perks to new customers (see Indian Motorcycles example, rinse, repeat...).
Sorry you are struggling to see the very Black and White situation here, but it's been essplaned many times here and it's getting harder to not get it.

Good job, that takes a lot of work missing the point.
Redfox requires you to buy a license; get your discount from Slyfox...oh, wait...they're gone.
ROFLMAO!

Dude...in case you missed it, I was saying he can't have the 50% off...
it's not fair to others ...yadda yadda yadda..! :)
But I understand his feelings about it all....that much I really do. I've gotten over it, now others need to as well.

I was just using the car dealer as your example...I don't know how car dealerships work, and who owns them.

I'm not outraged...and not asking for the 50%
Oookkkeeee doe keeee?
(y)

Oh...by the way... Neville Chamberlain ... REALLY?!?

Neville Chamberlain was the British prime minister as Great Britain entered World War II. He is known for his policy of "appeasement" toward Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany.

http://www.biography.com/people/neville-chamberlain-9243721

So, ... are you saying RedFox are the Nazi's if you're saying I'm Neville?

You sound like you're channeling Neville Chamberlin...

Yes, it IS just like what I said...a Mercedes dealer doesn't issue the Mercedes warranty, Mercedes does. Same product, same owner...
If Indian Motorcycles went out of business...oh, wait...they did!...and today you want to buy a new Indian Motorcycle (say, a Chieftain 2016 model) and because you had an Indian new RIGHT before the factory closed (in 1953) you insist they 1) fix your 74 year old motorcycle under the old warranty or 2) give you a 50% discount.

If you are outraged because 12 years after buying a guaranteed replacement "blades" for Life! "weedeater attachment", off of late night TV, they went outa business...seek therapy.
But not realizing that when a company is gone...over, kaput, gone fishin'...that's it...and complaining - is definitely BITCHIN'!

Someone buying a branded product and offering it as a new company...that's common everyday business.
You don't get new owners paying old owner's bills...or give favorite customer perks to new customers (see Indian Motorcycles example, rinse, repeat...).
Sorry you are struggling to see the very Black and White situation here, but it's been essplaned many times here and it's getting harder to not get it.

Good job, that takes a lot of work missing the point.
Redfox requires you to buy a license; get your discount from Slyfox...oh, wait...they're gone.
ROFLMAO!

Last edited:
HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU PURCHASED DVD X COPY
AND THAN IT WENT OBSOLETE?
HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU PURCHASED A COMPUTER GAME AND
PLAYED IT ONCE AND STILL SITTING IN YOUR COLLECTION WHICH BECAME
OBSOLETE WHEN A NEW COMPUTER OPERATING SYSTEM CAME OUT...OH WELL
GET OVER IT AND BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE...YAHOOOOOO
THERE IS NO WARRANTY IN LIFE IS THERE?

Many old customers of slysoft feel the same way myself included at the time they posted the discounts .

I knew that if they offered a bigger discount for all Lifetime users it would be a nightmare for the new Redfox team to handle, so I went ahead and bought a new Redfox license I love the program and use it quite a bit after getting over that there was a flat discount for everyone I got over myself and I am happy I did and I proudly support the New RedFox Team.:)

Exactly! The original intent WAS to offer the 20% to older lifetime users - the ones that didn't meet the 50% cutoff date.
But doing all those, would have had to be done MANUALLY by Customer Service.
Considering the labor/time stress that the 50% people are putting on CS - it was a wise move to open the 20% to everybody.
In reality >95% of the sales this week ARE indeed old customers re-upping.
Making this a reason to bail is silly - 20% was what you were/are getting either way.
-W

Last edited:
I bought a lifetime license 2 years ago. I am not happy the old company took my money and is now gone. Too bad for me, except I am extremely skeptical of the whole way the new company opened up right after the shutdown of Slysoft. The new guys can spin it anyway they want. They claim they are doing us all a favor by making the software still available. Just all hard to believe. This has been rehashed before. Now I am lumped in the same area as a new customer. That is the new companies decision and I understand it. They technically owe me nothing. Good will, maybe. This is a new company at least on paper. There are no options here. I will not buy a license because I believe the new company will be shut down just like Slysoft. I think this whole thing is highly suspect to begin with. This company is not in the US. It is registered in Belize. Does not mean the employees are there. So buyer beware. This is my opinion, not a statement of fact.

This is why I said, in another post --- Some customers need to wait and see what happens with RedFox to feel secure.

I can say this...if it is a money-grab...they'd be VERY stupid to do that, because of all the potential income they all have a chance to make YEAR-AFTER-YEAR....would be lost to them.

They'd be really stupid to just opt for a one-time quick grab, when this could be their CASH COW for many decades to come.
I tend to think they would not do that...at least I hope I know them well enough to think that...but I think they realize this.
This was why when I first came on this forum a short while ago, I asked if they realize the potential of what they've got now? I'm sure they do, so I'm reasonably sure they don't want to lose it, or shut it down.

As for the discount... :) ...they've made their decision...had the chance to do...but...decided to go this route...
It's too late to change it now, unless they issue added discounts to others who've already received just the 20%.
So, I don't think that's happening either. :)

It comes down to the basics...

#1- wait and see.
#2- don't buy anything at all.
#3- have faith in the known team

Only time will tell for some, and nothing more need be said for the others.
My choice is option #1 (shown above) for now.

Last edited:
I bought a lifetime license 2 years ago. I am not happy the old company took my money and is now gone.

Actually - I am!
The bottom line is that the former owner (ONE man) is gone - out - history. etc.
Now the "lunatics" are running the new asylum. And frankly.... I like them a lot better - and always have.
The old guy had an investment. These guys are "doing what they do best" because they can.
I personally have more faith in Redfox than I ever did in Slysoft - because our Devs are at the top of the food chain now. It's about the people - not the marquee.
-W

Last edited:
Wow...when the servers crashed for several hours... Today.
I wonder how may people thought...this was it, ...they ran away.. LOL..?

Rumors must have been flying...:ROFLMAO: ...over the entire internet..! :rolleyes:

That was just a taste of what it would be like without these guys and gals...panic setting in :eek: about yer emptier wallets.

But it was just a simple server issue..:D:p:cool: ... for now.

(y)

Last edited:
I was just using the car dealer as your example...I don't know how car dealerships work, and who owns them.

(y)

Oh...by the way... Neville Chamberlain ... REALLY?!?

Neville Chamberlain was the British prime minister as Great Britain entered World War II. He is known for his policy of "appeasement" toward Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany.

http://www.biography.com/people/neville-chamberlain-9243721

So, ... are you saying RedFox are the Nazi's if you're saying I'm Neville?

As to your amazing ignorance 1) using an admitted area of your (amazing) ignorance (car dealers, etc...REALLY?) as an example is...so ignorant. Why even bother to post such silliness?
2) We mostly all know who is the Neville man, so just how do you ever reach a conclusion based on facts being so ignorant of the real world and how it all functions? I guess, judging by your silly arguments, you DON'T. LOL!
And yes, I am likening you to the mos famous apologizer in 20th Century history...also a silly person and completely wrong in his world view...as you seem to be.
If you want to call the Redfox boys Nazis, OK...that's on you, just like the myriads of Jihadis try that and fail to make the cut as well! Allah Hu Snackbar...
You have no way to actually know what someone means, as I don't know what agenda you are fomenting here, ignorance can cover so many areas...
Buy a license, don't...I don't really care where the silly people go to do their shopping...but the fact remains you got no clue, or any idea where to find one.
Read what the Redfox has said and put a "period" at the end.
All the whiners can post over and over, no matter ...
You and Neville have a great life, there are many silly arguments you can participate in!
Just not this one...

Dude, I think YOU need to also take a 'Chill-Pill' ...
You're REALLY off-base with your accusations in this thread regarding me.
Guess your alzheimer's is kickin' in...or your smokin' BUDS is makin' ya dopey.
(Like yer *jackass Avatar* shows you as being)

image.jpg

...you display a complete lack of reading comprehension...to the nth degree...
as well as your lack of writing skills comprehension
(Maybe someone else will explain it to you -
- like the member here calling you *a Richard*)
That's another way of saying you're *a Dick* , if you didn't know.

As to your amazing ignorance 1) using an admitted area of your (amazing) ignorance (car dealers, etc...REALLY?) as an example is...so ignorant. Why even bother to post such silliness?
2) We mostly all know who is the Neville man, so just how do you ever reach a conclusion based on facts being so ignorant of the real world and how it all functions? I guess, judging by your silly arguments, you DON'T. LOL!
And yes, I am likening you to the mos famous apologizer in 20th Century history...also a silly person and completely wrong in his world view...as you seem to be.
If you want to call the Redfox boys Nazis, OK...that's on you, just like the myriads of Jihadis try that and fail to make the cut as well! Allah Hu Snackbar...
You have no way to actually know what someone means, as I don't know what agenda you are fomenting here, ignorance can cover so many areas...
Buy a license, don't...I don't really care where the silly people go to do their shopping...but the fact remains you got no clue, or any idea where to find one.
Read what the Redfox has said and put a "period" at the end.
All the whiners can post over and over, no matter ...
You and Neville have a great life, there are many silly arguments you can participate in!
Just not this one...

Last edited:
Exactly! The original intent WAS to offer the 20% to older lifetime users - the ones that didn't meet the 50% cutoff date.
But doing all those, would have had to be done MANUALLY by Customer Service.
Considering the labor/time stress that the 50% people are putting on CS - it was a wise move to open the 20% to everybody.
In reality >95% of the sales this week ARE indeed old customers re-upping.
Making this a reason to bail is silly - 20% was what you were/are getting either way.
-W

This is the first senseful description of what happens.
Simple - all get the 20% discount because it is too much work to check all the old licenses manually. THIS is a full valid and easy understandable reason - even for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back