• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Those burning backups - Please read FIRST

@mcmenace.
When you click on OK in that message doesn't it try and save a file then open up that location for you to send it to Elby?

I left my disc at work so can't get access to it until Monday so I can't send my dumpfile

@mcmenace.
When you click on OK in that message doesn't it try and save a file then open up that location for you to send it to Elby?

I left my disc at work so can't get access to it until Monday so I can't send my dumpfile

No it doesn't just that error, and didn't get that before. Same deal with Mockingjay 2, exactly

Mount your iso or load it into CloneBD directly, make sure in AnyDVD you have "remove cinavia watermark..." setting enabled. On the Last screen before you hit go select "downscale audio to ac3". If you did it correctly the fox icon will turn purple.

Did all that, don't forget I've had this program since December, '14. BTW, exact same thing with Mockingjay 2. Leads me to believe it's not the disc at all but the protection hasn't been defeated.

Don't see the usual guys jumping in and saying how they got it, of course if you remember a year ago somebody here said to ignore me cos I was PO'd about cloneBD's slow progress and crashes, which were being blamed on my high-end PC but mysteriously went away and PC stayed the same.

Well it got fixed and I went away. Don't wanna spend my life here, thought this was place to go to get answers. Rethinking my commitment to anyDVD if it cant do 2 movies now and once they get wind of that, they'll use it on all the movies. May start a thread about this so people thinking about re-upping, like myself, are aware.

I'd suggest you send that image to elby along with the last log you have of that disc. Perhaps that will give them something to work with. Perhaps you can use MediaInfo or something on the m2ts file CloneBD identifies as clip 520.

Actually wondering about cloneBD, Redfox relationship. Sent my original issue to Elby support as usual.....

Dear Sirs,

Went to burn Mockingjay Part 1 with cloneBD, partial, cinavia protection checked. Got to 46% of reading and stopped. No errors, just "froze". Created an ISO file with anyDVD HD successfully, burned it with IMGburn successfully but it did not remove the cinavia because IMGburn won't work with anyDVD activated although the backup was successful and is watchable until Cinavia kicks in.

Tried to burn the same ISO file that I was able to watch with IMGburn using cloneBD and once again errors appeared at about the same part of the reading process. Is there a way to get a backup of this movie without Cinavia with IMGburn? And why does IMGburn successfully process the ISO file but cloneBD will not?? Please help.

Got this back.....

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are sorry, but CloneBD cannot copy any protected content.

Kind regards,

xxxxxxx
elby Support

What kind of answer is that??? They used to help, especially the gentlemen that signed this. Never got any reply like this, looks to me like a form letter, same kind slysoft put out after they closed.

Due to legal reasons, Elby can't help you to circumvent copy protections or DRM annoyances.

I dunno about that, here's a sample I found and have a bunch more I saved.......Why do you think failure logs are created that go to elby if they aren't there to help??

Have you considered looking for the memory dump file? We suspect a hardware error or an incompatibility of components/drivers that leads to this behaviour.

CloneBD itself cannot evoke this behaviour, it can only suffer from the side effects.

This mockinkjay issue has to do with anyDVD/clonebD combo and cinavia.

Last edited:
Why do you think failure logs are created that go to elby if they aren't there to help??

Their job is to fix software issues with respect to making back-ups of unprotected discs. Therefore, they need your logs.
Elby will never give you advice on problems concerning AACS, BD+, Screen Pass Protection, Cinavia etc.

Oh that was you in that forum,

We have forwarded your observations to our developers.

We just noticed a bug which causes to crash CloneBD in HDMV menu generation when making a partial copy.

This should fix your problem.

Maybe not details but they will/did help and fact remains Mockinjay 1 and 2 using same protection scheme wont back up. Pt1 last year, Pt2 last week. Same protection, same errors year later. Tried 4 part 1 movies, 1 part 2 with identical failures at identical clips. anyDVD/IMGburn ISO copy plays all the way thru but with cinavia as only cloneBD will remove it via anyDVD and it's failing (freezing up) and not just to me.

too many BD coasters

My problem is that the back up disc I produce is not detected by the player I am using Power DVD 14. My purpose in posting however is to request step by step instructions on how to implement your advice. I don't know how to mount an ISO image I have not used virtual clone drive before and when I open the "my computer" section of Power DVD the virtual clone drive shows as BD-ROM and I am asked to insert a disc . I am not using ROM discs and the disc I want to back-up is already inserted.

Antipodes - with all due respect if you do not know how to create ISO's then you probably should not be using CloneBD or AnyDvd? I think anyone who endeavors to create backup copies of DVD and Blu-Ray discs should at the minimum know how to create basic ISO copies. This is fundamental to any procedure for making copies via PC...

Actually no, making iso's is neither the primary function of CloneBD nor of anydvd. It's a secondary function.

Oh that was you in that forum,

We have forwarded your observations to our developers.

We just noticed a bug which causes to crash CloneBD in HDMV menu generation when making a partial copy.

This should fix your problem.

Maybe not details but they will/did help and fact remains Mockinjay 1 and 2 using same protection scheme wont back up. Pt1 last year, Pt2 last week. Same protection, same errors year later. Tried 4 part 1 movies, 1 part 2 with identical failures at identical clips. anyDVD/IMGburn ISO copy plays all the way thru but with cinavia as only cloneBD will remove it via anyDVD and it's failing (freezing up) and not just to me.

MCmenace - I have no problems making copies of either MockinJay episodes. I would recommend that anyone who runs into problems with CINAVIA should check out this link to figure out the proper playlist. This procedure works every time and is really not that difficult to master. I urge anyone who has problems using CloneBD and/or AnyDVD to simply use this procedure and you can have a successful copy every time. Once you know the actual playlist used by the Bluray copy protection you can make successful copies. Granted it is not a one-click option but it seems to always work when all else fails...

Well that's great for when Screen Pass is updated, but, it has absolutely nothing to do with Cinavia.

Actually no, making iso's is neither the primary function of CloneBD nor of anydvd. It's a secondary function.

Excuse me but what's the difference between primary and secondary anyway and who decides that? When referring to ISO's or anything else on the menu a function is a function and if it's there shouldn't it work regardless of if and how it's prioritized??......BTW, Congrats on your added responsibilities. :cool:

Well that's great for when Screen Pass is updated, but, it has absolutely nothing to do with Cinavia.

Yep that is a problem for sure ;)

The primary function is shrinking for CloneBD, the type of output is secondary to that. Anydvd's primary function is decryption and enabling playback on devices where playback normally wouldn't be possible. The ripper is only a secondary function, anydvd initially didn't even have one

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

OK...I may be missing a BIG point but...I can create the ISO. I can test the file. I can burn using IMGBURN. What am I not doing that will remove the dreaded "watermark" ??? I have the most recent updates etc. as I am a "forever" license holder on both ANY DVD and Clone BD.

You need to enable the "Remove cinavia from CloneBD" setting inside anydvd AND in CloneBD select "downconvert audio". If 1 of those is not active, removal will NOT be applied. This has been stated a couple dozen times now on the forums.

The primary function is shrinking for CloneBD, the type of output is secondary to that. Anydvd's primary function is decryption and enabling playback on devices where playback normally wouldn't be possible. The ripper is only a secondary function, anydvd initially didn't even have one

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
I suppose I am coming late into this issue with CloneBD, but...since approx rel 1.0.8.4 the complete copy page which has the desired media output size is present, but the bottom portion specifying the burn speed is completely missing.
It is true that the read from source disc and write to temp folder is accomplished without error. But the process ends there "copy completed successfully" instead of prompting for the target disc to be burned to.
Isn't this an issue to be addressed by the developers?
(Previously the target disc was requested to be inserted in the drive and the write process continued.)

Burn speed isn't missing, it's present just fine in my 1092. You just gotta make sure you don't have the "output" button on "folder" or "iso". If you specify folder output: "copy complete" will mean folder output finished to target size. If you specified iso "copy complete" means ISO file has been burned/created on hard drive. If you specify "burn to disc", "copy complete" will mean burning to blank has finished. If there's no disc, in the optical drive it'll ask you for one. If there is one already inside, it'll go directly to burning. That's the only 3 possibilities. There is nothing to address.

On the "Target" page you have 3 big icons on the top left. <Folder><Drive><ISO>. Pick the right one.

Burn speed isn't missing, it's present just fine in my 1092. You just gotta make sure you don't have the "output" button on "folder" or "iso". If you specify folder output: "copy complete" will mean folder output finished to target size. If you specified iso "copy complete" means ISO file has been burned/created on hard drive. If you specify "burn to disc", "copy complete" will mean burning to blank has finished. If there's no disc, in the optical drive it'll ask you for one. If there is one already inside, it'll go directly to burning. That's the only 3 possibilities. There is nothing to address.

On the "Target" page you have 3 big icons on the top left. <Folder><Drive><ISO>. Pick the right one.
Thank you. Of course you are correct that this is another case of user error I had been using the software for months with the disc output then the output was changed.

you're welcome. Sometimes the easiest things to check are the first ones to get overlooked :). Main thing is the "problem" was solved.

Back