• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunger Games: Mockingjay P2 DVD

Just a fyi...the trial DVDFab didn't perform a bit different than the Fox...this is a new protection
:)

Not surprised at all - it's long been assumed they "piggyback" off AnyDVD's solutions to "arrive" at theirs.

-W

Can a back up copy of a regular DVD..not Blu-Ray be made using the new 7.6.9.3 version.My daughter has original so haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

The same developers that worked for Sly still work for Red.
I'm sure when James and co. have worked out all the variations that the update will come out.
This DVD has only been out for 2 days.
-W

The same developers that worked for Sly still work for Red.
I'm sure when James and co. have worked out all the variations that the update will come out.
This DVD has only been out for 2 days.
-W

Can a back up copy of a regular DVD..not Blu-Ray be made using the new 7.6.9.3 version.My daughter has original so haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Even though the release notes do not make mention of fixes for DVDs 7.6.9.3 does appear to have addressed the problems I had with my retail DVD release of Mockingjay, Part 2. PowerDVD now properly goes from the menu to the proper movie title as it should. Previously, it had not.

I purchased my Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital HD version from Amazon.

Even though the release notes do not make mention of fixes for DVDs 7.6.9.3 does appear to have addressed the problems I had with my retail DVD release of Mockingjay, Part 2. PowerDVD now properly goes from the menu to the proper movie title as it should. Previously, it had not.

I purchased my Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital HD version from Amazon.

Please check what happens at the end of the movie. In my case, the screen goes black on my stand alone DVD player, and the player locks up. I have the same US version Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital HD version from Amazon that you have, and have 7.6.9.3 installed.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.3_Info_G_MOCKINGJAY_2.ziplog
    281.2 KB · Views: 1
Please check what happens at the end of the movie. In my case, the screen goes black on my stand alone DVD player, and the player locks up. I have the same US version Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital HD version from Amazon that you have, and have 7.6.9.3 installed.

I'll take a look and report back.

When you made your backup did you remove unnecessary titles? Did you leave out Title 25 (2:26:00)?

For testing purposes I did a full disc copy to my HDD with CloneDVD leaving everything intact but I compressed it to fit onto a single layer blank. I burned then burned that to disc and played it in my Oppo BDP-93 standalone. Skipped through the garbage to get to the menus. All good. Selected to play the movie from the menu. Check. All good. Title 1 (2:16:50) plays. I then skipped to 2:16:00 into Title 1 and watched the remainder of the credits. It's looking good. Title 1 ends at 2:16:50 and then... it goes directly into Title 25 (2:26:00). That shouldn't happen. If you didn't include Title 25 in your backup that's the possible reason for your player locking up.

The developers will need to look at this.

When you made your backup did you remove unnecessary titles? Did you leave out Title 25 (2:26:00)?

For testing purposes I did a full disc copy to my HDD with CloneDVD leaving everything intact but I compressed it to fit onto a single layer blank. I burned then burned that to disc and played it in my Oppo BDP-93 standalone. Skipped through the garbage to get to the menus. All good. Selected to play the movie from the menu. Check. All good. Title 1 (2:16:50) plays. I then skipped to 2:16:00 into Title 1 and watched the remainder of the credits. It's looking good. Title 1 ends at 2:16:50 and then... it goes directly into Title 25 (2:26:00). That shouldn't happen. If you didn't include Title 25 in your backup that's the possible reason for your player locking up.

The developers will need to look at this.
Thanks for the follow up. I removed Title 25 and other titles I didn't want or that were useless (2, 3, 6, 13, 14, 20) before burning the disk (I'm using CloneDVD2 by the way). I notice there is a new AnyDVD version, 7.6.9.4, out this morning, but there is no word that it resolves the DVD copying issues. Did you go to the end of Title 25 to see what happens there?

Thanks for the follow up. I removed Title 25 and other titles I didn't want or that were useless (2, 3, 6, 13, 14, 20) before burning the disk (I'm using CloneDVD2 by the way). I notice there is a new AnyDVD version, 7.6.9.4, out this morning, but there is no word that it resolves the DVD copying issues. Did you go to the end of Title 25 to see what happens there?

I did a quick test with 7.6.9.4 and PowerDVD using the original DVD in my optical drive rather than taking the time to process the entire disc again and then burn to a DVD+RW. The same situation occurs where the movie ends (Title 1) and playback of Title 25 begins instead of returning to the menu.

I did a quick test with 7.6.9.4 and PowerDVD using the original DVD in my optical drive rather than taking the time to process the entire disc again and then burn to a DVD+RW. The same situation occurs where the movie ends (Title 1) and playback of Title 25 begins instead of returning to the menu.

Out of curiosity, I burned a compressed single disc version of the AnyDVD 7.6.9.4 output (all Titles offered by AnyDVD to CloneDVD2). In my Oppo BDP-93 standalone (great minds thinking alike?) it plays as you experienced. I went to the end of title 25 to see what happens. The player just locks at the end of Title 25 (image attached). Title 25 is literally a dead end. I've made enough near coasters trying things out on this one. Hopefully the developers will work this out.

Attachments

• Locked DVD Player Title 25.jpg
    Locked DVD Player Title 25.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 13
Out of curiosity, I burned a compressed single disc version of the AnyDVD 7.6.9.4 output (all Titles offered by AnyDVD to CloneDVD2). In my Oppo BDP-93 standalone (great minds thinking alike?) it plays as you experienced. I went to the end of title 25 to see what happens. The player just locks at the end of Title 25 (image attached). Title 25 is literally a dead end. I've made enough near coasters trying things out on this one. Hopefully the developers will work this out.

My last two players have been the Oppo BDP-83 at release and the Oppo BDP-93. Both made region-free, of course. ;)

As interim solution I suggest a backup that contains only Title 1 using CloneDVD. Leave all other titles out, do not preserve the menus, and leave out all unnecessary languages and subtitles. At the end of playback of a backup made like this the normal Oppo logo appears against on the black screen with the words "Stop" in the top left corner of the screen. No lock-up.

Have no doubt that this problem will be resolved. :)

I just checked using VLC 2.2.2 with AnyDVD enabled. I made interesting observations.
  1. If you select to play "Open Disc" as in accessing the DVD from my optical drive and have the advanced settings > Input/Codecs > Access Modules > DVD with Menus > DVDnav Input > "Start Directly in Menu" checked then Title 1 will play which is 2:16:50 and the proper playlist.
  2. Regardless of the Start Directly in Menu setting if you "Open Disc" and select the DVD from the optical drive and check the "No disc menus" box then Title 1 will play which is 2:16:50 and the proper playlist.
  3. If you "Open Disc" and do not check "No disc menus" and do do not have "Start Directly in Menu" checked then Title 25 which is 2:26:00 will play and this is obviously the bad playlist.
It comes down to luck and settings, apparently, in VLC. PowerDVD15 just fails to play properly.

It would appear the "problem" with protection is somewhere leading up to the menus? I'm no developer. They'll figure it out. :)

Note: I'm dealing with my retail disc.

Bottom line, is this is one of the "strangest" titles to come down the pike in a LONG time.
And it's unfortunate it came at the exact point where our Fox is in a state of flux and restructuring.
But I have no doubt it will get sorted out.
-W

For those of you missing 10 minutes of MJP2, keep watching after the credits. I noticed there is a whole scene that takes place in the basement of Tigris' shop. I use Handbrake for my rips, and it placed that scene after the credits. Not sure why, everything else was perfect. This was using 7.6.9.2.

For those of you missing 10 minutes of MJP2, keep watching after the credits. I noticed there is a whole scene that takes place in the basement of Tigris' shop. I use Handbrake for my rips, and it placed that scene after the credits. Not sure why, everything else was perfect. This was using 7.6.9.2.

It was playing the wrong title.
-W

Hey guys, I just wanted to post a workaround that I found to get this to work for the DVD version. Here is what I did:

1) Using AnyDVD 7.6.9.5, backed up MockingJay Part 2 to Hard Disk
2) Using DVD Shrink 3.2, Opened the files that were created by AnyDVD
3) Chose to Re-author the disc and drug over ONLY Title 1, which is the 2:16:50 correct version of the movie
4) I then used DVD Shrink to convert the files into a new ISO, I chose to use the DVD-9 (8.5GB) disk size so that there was no compression
5) You can then use the newly created ISO with only Title 1 on it to burn a backup, or using Handbrake or what have you to get a good copy of the movie

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just wanted to post a workaround that I found to get this to work for the DVD version. Here is what I did:

1) Using AnyDVD 7.6.9.5, backed up MockingJay Part 2 to Hard Disk
2) Using DVD Shrink 3.2, Opened the files that were created by AnyDVD
3) Chose to Re-author the disc and drug over ONLY Title 1, which is the 2:16:50 correct version of the movie
4) I then used DVD Shrink to convert the files into a new ISO, I chose to use the DVD-9 (8.5GB) disk size so that there was no compression
5) You can then use the newly created ISO with only Title 1 on it to burn a backup, or using Handbrake or what have you to get a good copy of the movie

Just gave this a try... Works perfectly fine. Thanks

Keep in mind though, that's a workaround and not a real fix for the protection.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Keep in mind though, that's a workaround and not a real fix for the protection.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Keep in mind, I don't care about the "How", only the "When". Also, I have no idea what you're warning anyone about. Care to expand on your insufficient post?

Back