• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia.

Carnage9270

Been poking around and can't find anything on this. In the past this has always worked flawlessly. It seems within the last couple of weeks this isn't working for me any more. About 10 mins in on movies I've watched many times before, Cinavia kicks in.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I've uninstalled, reinstalled many different versions of AnyDVDHD. Even ones dating back to Slysoft. For some reason, all my Cinavia rips are triggering.

Not without you telling which version your using of both player and anydvd.

Using the newest version of Kodi, Last version of TMT, newest powerdvd and .2, .3, .4 of AnyDVDHD. Even tried some older versions of AnyDVDHD but I really doubted those would work not being able to connect to the OPD. Is there a way to check to see if my current copy is connecting corrrectly to the OPD?

Basically everything has been working just fine for years. The problem crept in on the newer versions of AnyDVDHD. I would normally think this was a problem with newer protections, but when going back to try and play older rips that used to play just fine, I get the Cinavia message about 10 mins into the movie.

1. Kodi is an unlicensed player. It does not detect or enforce Cinavia.
  2. The last version of TMT is getting dated and may or may not have unresolved issues including problems running under Windows 10.
  3. Right-click on the systray icon for AnyDVD, then from the pop-up click on "Information". Does it say "Free updates until: Forever"? If not then what does that line say? Or at least a date beyond today's date? Do not include the serial number above it or other information on that screen.
  4. There should be no issue accessing the OPD as long as you are running 7.6.9.2 or newer.
  5. Make sure that in the AnyDVD settings that you have software detection of Cinavia disabled: Right-click on Fox icon in systray > Settings > Program Settings > check the box next to "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia".

Oh, and lastly, are you using PowerDVD15 or PowerDVD16? If it's PowerDVD16 then it's entirely possible the prevention of Cinavia detection in software players needs to be updated in AnyDVD.

1. Kodi is an unlicensed player. It does not detect or enforce Cinavia.
  2. The last version of TMT is getting dated and may or may not have unresolved issues including problems running under Windows 10.
  3. Right-click on the systray icon for AnyDVD, then from the pop-up click on "Information". Does it say "Free updates until: Forever"? If not then what does that line say? Or at least a date beyond today's date? Do not include the serial number above it or other information on that screen.
  4. There should be no issue accessing the OPD as long as you are running 7.6.9.2 or newer.
  5. Make sure that in the AnyDVD settings that you have software detection of Cinavia disabled: Right-click on Fox icon in systray > Settings > Program Settings > check the box next to "Prevent player software from detecting Cinavia".
1. Kodi is detecting Cinavia and kicking in at 10 mins
2. Running on Windows 7 and has worked fine up until recently (Although Kodi is the go to player)
3. Free updates until: Forever (been licensed since the day AnyDVDHD came out)
4. This box is checked.

The movie I first noticed it with was Mockingjay 2. Then went back to try Mockingjay part 1....did the same thing. Knew something was wrong at that point as I've played it many times before.

The movie I first noticed it with was Mockingjay 2. Then went back to try Mockingjay part 1....did the same thing. Knew something was wrong at that point as I've played it many times before.

I guess I'll have to sit down and do a test with Kodi but I can't do it at this time since I'm on the move. I'm still utterly baffled at Kodi actually detecting/enforcing Cinavia. Kodi has no AACS-LA license and would have to if they incoporated detection mechanisms. Plus the license costs money. That just baffles me.

No worries Drink. I'm baffled as well. It was one of the reasons I chose Kodi.

Here's some pictures I had the wife take (I'm at work today). She's playing Mockinjay part 1 with Kodi and Cinavia is kicking in.

Attachments

• 12884447_809025579202047_1730961213_n.jpg
    12884447_809025579202047_1730961213_n.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 12899839_809027725868499_910485580_n.jpg
    12899839_809027725868499_910485580_n.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 12910834_809027739201831_1405615890_n.jpg
    12910834_809027739201831_1405615890_n.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 12919003_809027752535163_1610428089_n.jpg
    12919003_809027752535163_1610428089_n.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 44
That's not cinavia. A cinavia message would be 'unauthorized device for playback. Muting audio error code 3'. What you're seeing is NOT cinavia, that's the screenpass protection at work and kodi is loading the wrong playlist. No more, no less.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Interesting...what the heck would cause that to happen? I played this movie no more than 3 weeks ago and it played fine. Damn you Kodi!

By "movie" you mean ISO, m2ts, ts, mp4, mkv? The only reason why Kodi might switch playlists is if you used ISO. Since Kodi isn't licensed, it will not always correctly suggest the right playlist, similar to VLC and other unlicensed players if multiple playlists are present. Any other container should have had the correct playlist, assuming you only encoded one playlist.

It's an m2ts folder structure. I'll play with the original and see what is going on.

Any unlicensed player like kodi takes a guess at what the current movie playlist is, usually picks the longest one. It's the wrong one, what would cause that to happen? Incorrect decryption can cause that, out in your case the use of an unlicensed player. Nothing unusual. Tell it to load the playlist specified in the anydvd status window.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Any unlicensed player like kodi takes a guess at what the current movie playlist is, usually picks the longest one.

Many programs do this (Handbrake generally picks the longest one as well). This fact is exploited by the disc manufacturers. Even without ScreenPass they might add an extra title or two that is longer just to mess with us. The title might be out of order, or contain black screens in various places, or a notice about copyright which the OP saw here. I have seen discs with four MPLS files with the exact same segment layout, probably to introduce uncertainty when deciding which one to rip.

My method of choice to find the correct MPLS file is to use ProcessMonitor to spy on a licensed player to see which MPLS file it is reading. So far I have yet to rip the wrong MPLS. If anyone wants more details just do a web search on "ProcessMonitor MPLS" and start reading.

I know many programs do this. Handbrake is different, it had basic decryption capabilities, and if that's not done correctly the protection kicks in as well, and that's on top of it having to guess the playlist. Normal behavior.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Back