• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mockingjay 2

subOptimal (btw, buddy, you have read errors on yours, return it)

Yep, that's what I thought. There is a small dimple on the data side of the disc. Looks like an imperfection in the manufacturing process. No worries, I will go rent another copy.

Can some of you please check if these discs work without AnyDVD at all?
Certain variants look like they shouldn't even play correctly as original disc on a licensed Blu-ray player.

Especially the ones from:
dalerreed, williamshtaylor and from another thread: Burrie, possibly BrianG61UK and TAZ666
(these are three distinct discs).

These discs should play the main feature in a jumbled sequence.

These discs should be correct: Edgeman56, CCaptain00, subOptimal (btw, buddy, you have read errors on yours, return it), Barnabus, Frankenscripter

I check the first 7 1/2minutes without seeing any problems. The section at 00:03:26 did not have any problems. I was using PowerDVD 13 as the player...
I'll check more in a minute. I had to stop...

I check the first 7 1/2minutes without seeing any problems. The section at 00:03:26 did not have any problems. I was using PowerDVD 13 as the player...
I'll check more in a minute. I had to stop...

I tried mounting the ISO create by AnyDVD of the disc and played it using PowerDVD 13. It has problems. At the section at 00:03:26 the scene changes to incorrect playback of a scene from the movie. So the playlist the PowerDVD is using for the mounted ISO is incorrect.

AnyDVD HD now reports 00428 is the corrected playlist.

For what version (rental or retail)?

I think we need to give AnyDVD staff more time. This one seems more complicated. I have read through all these posts, plus the ones at makeMKV and ClownBD. So far it has been reported that there are about six "correct" playlist for the US retail version (from Amazon) -- but out of those six at least 3 of the playlists are no even on my US retail Amazon version.

BTW my retail version says ("Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD", "Limited Edition with over 5 hours of Extras") if that matters.
I posted my log on the other thread.

For what version (rental or retail)?

I think we need to give AnyDVD staff more time. This one seems more complicated. I have read through all these posts, plus the ones at makeMKV and ClownBD. So far it has been reported that there are about six "correct" playlist for the US retail version (from Amazon) -- but out of those six at least 3 of the playlists are no even on my US retail Amazon version.

BTW my retail version says ("Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD", "Limited Edition with over 5 hours of Extras") if that matters.
I posted my log on the other thread.

USA Netflix

PowerDVD15 appears to play Canadian version fine without AnyDVDHD running
However AnyDVDHD seems to pick the wrong playlist

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.2_Info_F_MOCKINGJAY_2.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Can some of you please check if these discs work without AnyDVD at all?
Certain variants look like they shouldn't even play correctly as original disc on a licensed Blu-ray player.

Especially the ones from:
dalerreed, williamshtaylor and from another thread: Burrie, possibly BrianG61UK and TAZ666
(these are three distinct discs).

These discs should play the main feature in a jumbled sequence.

These discs should be correct: Edgeman56, CCaptain00, subOptimal (btw, buddy, you have read errors on yours, return it), Barnabus, Frankenscripter

AnyDVD HD now identifies my Netflix disc as having good playlist 428. MakeMKV rips the file apparently fine. But, TMT (version 5.2) won't play the disc with or without AnyDVDHD running. Without anydvd, TMT dies after previews (no access to the Play Movie / Setup / Features stuff). With AnyDVDHD running, I get to the Play Movie spot, then TMT dies at black screen once I press play movie.

So, I can't verify the ripped file is in correct sequence.

Still great work so far!

Sure you can, play your makemkv mkv in vlc player.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Yes, the MKV plays fine (I use MPC-HC). But, without being able to play the actual disc, I can't be sure the MKV has the scenes in the correct order.

On a lark I ripped an .iso of the disc, choosing NOT to keep protection. Mounted the .iso in VCD. TMT still won't play the actual movie... hangs once you try to "Play Movie."

This is interesting... I've never experienced a disc not playing in TMT when AnyDVD was running.

Watch the mkv in full? You'll know if everything is in order then naturally

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Preferably not. When I watch it, it will be with my wife, and if we get partway in and there's a problem, she will be HIGHLY annoyed. I don't own a hardware bluray player so I can't check that way either. Sigh.

Does anybody know what the actual problem playing the disc is?

Anyway, I'm content to wait a week or two until it gets sorted out. No urgent rush here, for me.

Marc

The developers seem to think your disc is fixed.
Are you able to try another proper software player like PowerDVD? See if that can play the disc with and without AnyDVD running.
Maybe TMT just can't handle the disc (even when fixed)

Preferably not. When I watch it, it will be with my wife, and if we get partway in and there's a problem, she will be HIGHLY annoyed. I don't own a hardware bluray player so I can't check that way either. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm content to wait a week or two until it gets sorted out. No urgent rush here, for me.

Marc
Just curious, did you watch the other Hunger Games movies this same way? They've all had this playlist obfuscation protection so this is nothing new. Usually it can take a week or two after the movie is released before all the various versions of the movie out there are correctly identified by AnyDVD HD. This information comes from the Online Protection Database, so you probably won't need an updated version of AnyDVD HD to fix this, just a little patience.

ANYDVD HD now shows MPLS 628 as the good playlist on my US Amazon retail disk. MPLS 628 contains one single M2TS file numbered 00501.M2TS with a length of 02:16:57.

Things that make you go hmmm....
You guys do know an .m2ts filter can be set for process monitor and you can fast forward the movie and pick up the exact segment map as well. Even though it tried to mask the mpls file it will show the one true called m2ts file, reversed protection.

Just curious, did you watch the other Hunger Games movies this same way? They've all had this playlist obfuscation protection so this is nothing new. Usually it can take a week or two after the movie is released before all the various versions of the movie out there are correctly identified by AnyDVD HD. This information comes from the Online Protection Database, so you probably won't need an updated version of AnyDVD HD to fix this, just a little patience.

When these obfuscated discs come out, I always check the "disc as played by TMT" versus the MKV file by doing quick samples of a few seconds at a handful of locations through the movie. Not enough to spoil anything, just enough to make sure I've got the order.

This is the first time I've been on the bandwagon early enough to provide the stuff files to the AnyDVDHD team. :) Yea, I helped.

And I pretty much trust that for my disc the now-reported 428 is the correct play list, but since I won't actually be watching the movie with my wife until tomorrow at the earliest, I'm content to sit back and let others perform the verification.

Someone else asked if I have access to PDVD 16 or some such... nope. TMD 5.2 is the only way I have to play an encrypted bluray. Perhaps MPC-HC combined with speedmenu might work... haven't tried.

Peace, all. Happy watching. and meanwhile stick it to Hollywood

<makes MockingJay Salute with fingers>

I don't know if this is a new obfuscation technique but it appears they are playlist hopping?
I've attached the contents of buda and a monitor of the playlists and streams, I also had two logs that are not the same size so both are attached.
I ran the monitor during a 16x playback, I noticed they do make multiple hops in quick sequence so it's possible I may have missed something.

Attachments

• MJ.zip
    498.4 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_7.6.9.2_Info_I_MOCKINGJAY_2.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_7.6.9.2_Info_J_MOCKINGJAY_2-2.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Back