• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.2 Discussion Thread

I don't get your argument. Anydvd has always does what it does, so why now all at once, you can't figure out a payment system. Paypal only knows someone has an email address and a bank account, and money can be sent and received. it doesn't know what the transaction might be for, and why would they care? you guys are getting a little paranoid, and I understand why, but the reason you gave for not using Paypal, just doesn't fly. For years, I bought stuff from IOFFER, which is pretty much all bootlegs, and many such websites use that. You think Paypal cared, or even checked, hell no, to them it was only an email address to send money to. you geniuses can surely figure out that.

Agree, Slysoft operated (under that name) for over a decade and the previous payment providers couldn't have cared less. Why would they starting caring now; they won't.

First, you seem to imply I work for RedFox. I don't. That said, you might want to tag their current tos. Companies such as RedFox need to get pre-approved, answer a number a questions and then HOPE they're allowed to use PayPal. Trust me, they've closed accounts for less. The chance of a RedFox company account, close to our equal to zero.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

you need to learn more about Paypal, and I know you don't work for Redfox, but you are the only one answering questions. who said it has to be set up as a company? there's ways around that, they surely can figure that out. Bitcoin is about the most suspicious payment company on Earth. that's for drug dealers and criminals and people trying to hide money, is that who Redfox wants to be a part of? I don't think so.

@Indyrod i don't need to learn more about paypal. I know they'd block them.

If they didn't care they wouldn't have given in to the MPAA pressure to stop processing payments. Why do you think the majority of the countries couldn't pay with visa or MasterCard anymore? Right, because they did care about their reputation, safe-harbor and gave into pressure.

Read this: https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

Prohibited Activities
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.

yup, anydvd does that in the USA eyes

2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial intolerance or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

bingo, yet again.

Read this too: https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_BE#9

Restricted activities:

9.1 Restricted Activities. In connection with your use of our website, your Account, or the Services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, a User or a third party, you will not: (in this case "User or Third party" can apply to both redfox as a company or someone as an individual)

b. Breach any law, statute, contract, or regulation (including, without limitation those governing financial services including anti-money laundering, consumer protections, unfair competition, anti-discrimination and false advertising);

in the US's eyes what do you think anydvd does, right. Breaking laws.

c. Infringe PayPal’s or any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;

what do you think anydvd does? Right, in the USA's eyes infringy on copyright and intellectual property rights.

j. Use an anonymizing proxy;

hmm, shielded redfox domain whois data. Yup, violates that term too

l. Conduct your business or use the Services in a manner that results in or may result in complaints, Disputes, Claims, Reversals, Chargebacks, fees, fines, penalties and other liability to PayPal, a User, a third party or you;

Yup, that one too

and that's not even half of all the restrictions

might as well read this too. http://www.itproportal.com/2015/05/18/paypal-freezes-developer-account-over-copyright-infringement/

Need more? I'm telling you. RedFox's account or the personal account wouldn't last a week before it got shut down. Now please stay on topic. I'm done

Last edited:
Could people please stop taking announcement threads off-topic at warp speed? This thread is about the release of AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.2 and discussion related to it. Posts related to other things do not belong here. Post discussions regarding upcoming changes, payment methods, etc, where they belong. It isn't here.

No problem with my lifetime license:

OK, now I am confused. I too have a lifetime license...so you are saying that it will supported past April of 2016? Or you are saying the upgrade works fine in your system?

MC

Is there no "RedFox Update-Service" by E-Mail??o_O

I have a special suggestion. Why don't admins create a Telegram channel for updates? I would like to have an update service via Telegram. If something bad happens a Telegram channel would inform us, it is a great thing!

you need to learn more about Paypal, and I know you don't work for Redfox, but you are the only one answering questions. who said it has to be set up as a company? there's ways around that, they surely can figure that out. Bitcoin is about the most suspicious payment company on Earth. that's for drug dealers and criminals and people trying to hide money, is that who Redfox wants to be a part of? I don't think so.
Ch3vr0n is correct about everything he said. I think you need to learn more about Paypal and Slysoft before you make any statements.

Hi there,

Is there already any news how to renew my licence key for AnyDVD HD, mine was till 12-03-2016. If i try to upgrade to the last version i get a warning that the product stop working due a expired licence.

Waiting responce.

Regards,

No, purchases are not yet possible. The main website was only launched Sunday and the purchase page states they expect 8-10 days.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

So If I'm reading everything correctly, I'm eventually going to be forced to pay for this product again?! And at a substantially increased price than what I originally payed to obtain a lifetime license?! This doesn't sit well.

I bought the "lifetime" and apparently I died. Frustrating that they allegedly "closed doors" on the lifetime subscribers who WASTED their money...

As stated a few times on the forums already, lifetime licenses are only valid as long as the company and/or product exists. Slysoft is dead, so the licenses are no longer valid either. SlySoft Anydvd (HD) is dead as well. There will be no more classic AnyDVD for DVD's only. RedFox AnyDVD HD will be the only product so effectively you're getting a free upgrade to HD too. A subscription model is the only longterm viable method to ensure a steady stream of income for all developers, support staff and other people involved.

After all the developers, et. al., have done to keep AnyDVD alive, I cannot believe all the complaints and grief they are getting. It's a slap in the face. I guess the old adage really is true, a good deed doesn't go unpunished.

To everyone whining about their old Slysoft license: you do realize these are the previous employees of Slysoft you're complaining to, NOT the owners, right? I'll gladly pay a subscription going forward, if it means continued updates. If it weren't for them releasing the latest beta, I'd be SCREWED trying to rip the new Hungry Games DVD. As Ch3vr0n said, life-time licenses are a poor business decision. Once you saturate your potential market, the money stops, and you're working for free.

As stated a few times on the forums already, lifetime licenses are only valid as long as the company and/or product exists. Slysoft is dead, so the licenses are no longer valid either. SlySoft Anydvd (HD) is dead as well. There will be no more classic AnyDVD for DVD's only. RedFox AnyDVD HD will be the only product so effectively you're getting a free upgrade to HD too. A subscription model is the only longterm viable method to ensure a steady stream of income for all developers, support staff and other people involved.

Bottom line is the software is so vital to what most everyone on this forum does to keep there DVD/BD collections backed up and available for streaming/viewing on whatever device they choose to use it on. Most of us may grumble and complain a little about our lifetime licenses going away, but we will gladly pay to keep this software development and maintenance up and running. I don't want to have to find an alternative way to do this. I truly believe AnyDVD HD is the best there is at this game (y)(y)(y)

Bottom line is the software is so vital to what most everyone on this forum does to keep there DVD/BD collections backed up and available for streaming/viewing on whatever device they choose to use it on. Most of us may grumble and complain a little about our lifetime licenses going away, but we will gladly pay to keep this software development and maintenance up and running. I don't want to have to find an alternative way to do this. I truly believe AnyDVD HD is the best there is at this game (y)(y)(y)
I wouldn't be so sure of that & I myself will not buy the other guys stuff (something about Chinese food you eat it & 20 min later your hungry). Again I have no problem w/ a license transfer fee of 50 to 70 USD it's the 40/to 50 USD renewals that I can't see me doing as it's not financially feasible for as little as I use/used it. I would pay a 10 to 15 USD OPD maintenance fee if necessary though but that's about all for me.This is only concerning previous LTL holder's not whether or not they sell them again.

Last edited:
lol, i'd love to see the link where you read that rumor. Even if that's true, i don't think they expected Anydvd to be back in a mere weeks :p

Or there's a bug with some lifetime licenses. Mine works just fine with the new versions.

EDIT: never mind, found the info... it's really not obvious.
So after April 30. I'm screwed of my lifetime.

Well, I don't mind if they aren't getting greedy with the new pricing. Developers deserve money for their work, and I already got several years of service from my Slysoft license.

Last edited:
No you're not, the deadline has nothing to do with your license, that only affects the opd. It can be just as easily extended if they haven't found a payment processor yet/setup a licensing system. They can easily create a version that still accepts slysoft licenses past that date and is able to access the opd. The main remaining thing right now is the licensing payment system.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Back