• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How big is the opd bd

amazing

If or when just curious how big would the download be for the opd bd :eek:

No if, they said they will be making it available somehow
When, no news
How big, well let's worry about that when it becomes available

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

As I recall, someone of the support team said more than 300 MB.

Perhaps, but is that 305? 400, or 3000?

Would be an interesting way to initially generate some much needed cash.

There was no implication ever that it would be a paid download. As stated, there's no news on when or how (that includes paid or free).

Wow, if that OPD includes the decryption information for all the copy protection schemes, including CSS, AACS, BD+, Java, Screenpass, Playlist, etc, then I have absolutely no problem with 400 MB, if that is true. That's small enough to fit on a CD. I would have expected it to be so much larger from what I've heard in the past, and people speculating that it would be massive.

400 MB is nothing. Heck, I wouldn't mind if it was 4-8 GB. The size of your average DVD ISO.

Last edited:
It doesn't contain any protection scheme, the OPD only contains decryption info for discs and the relevant playlist info. Nothing more.

Sorry, that's what I meant by "copy protection schemes," or therefore, the solution to.

But isn't most of the database already in the program (that's why it gets a little bigger each time for the most part, isn't it)? Only the last years worth or so not being included?
If the entire program is only 16mb installed, one years worth wouldn't add 300+mb, would it?

(Still, it could be a gb, I wouldn't care.... :) )

From my understanding, AnyDVD HD on its own only has the information for older discs, with basic CSS and AACS. Any newer protections like Java, BD+, Playlist, Screenpass, and the like need access to the OPD. Even for some newer DVDs.

Only Screenpass requires a connection on all discs all the time (it doesn't even cache the data for removing Screenpass)... I tried a lot of older (year or more) BD+ discs with the cache deleted and the network unplugged, and AnyDVD decrypted them all, 'using the local database'... It was only discs made in late 2014 and 2015 that wouldn't work. Everything older than that (AACS or BD+) worked just fine.

I'm not sure what the 'Java protection' is (I'm only aware of AACS, BD+ and Screenpass)... But I think only AACS and BD+ is cached. Screenpass is, technically, a Java based protection, and it's not cached, so I'd guess any other Java based protections would be the same. I seem to remember a Sony (I think) title simply knowing if the disc was replicated vs BD-R/ISO and throwing up an error saying something like 'copied discs aren't allowed'... Whatever got around that probably isn't cached. Maybe those protections take significantly more space than just AACS/BD+.

But for strictly just needing to rip the movie, none of that is required... Just decrypting AACS and BD+ is all you need (and knowing what PlayList to grab). It's only to make the full menus functional that you need the extra information for Java based protections. Which is nice to have, of course, just depends on what you are doing. (I just want the movie to load on a server... If I really want to see the bonus stuff, I'll just use the disc...)

BD+ = Java based afaik
No, BD+ is different from BD-J. The two have become more intertwined over time (they can check with each other). I think Screenpass is BD-J only, though.

BD+ I think is just a more complex encryption. When BD+ isn't properly removed, the disc still plays, but the video is garbled.

The Java based protections are ones that are independent of encryption (although it's lack of encryption that triggers them, so they work together). They do things like playlist obfuscation and the warning that you are playing a copied disc...

You don't have to defeat the Java protections to get the movie off the disc, but they prevent the menus from working properly unless you remove the encryption checks...

Back