• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Monuments Men still has Cinavia in WinDVD 11.6

(I know you already know this and did it out of frustration but others reading that might think that's a good idea to try...and it's not.)

SIGH....I so wish people would get OUT of the habit of ripping every time they want to test something. Or at the very least rip once with keep protection. It puts a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on a blu-ray drive for LITERALLY no reason. Especially in regard to this option because it has nothing at all to do with ripping. Just run AnyDVD on the original disc or a protected image if you want to test new versions.

My drive gets very little use - literally its only use is to rip movies. Other than the testing for this movie, I never actually play the physical disc to watch the movie. I just figured since this was such a weird problem that maybe my rip was bad (at least the first time I re-ripped it)...and then (as you said) a little bit of desperate "well, maybe it will work THIS time" crept in. :)

Never thought about creating a protected image for testing.

My drive gets very little use - literally its only use is to rip movies. Other than the testing for this movie, I never actually play the physical disc to watch the movie. I just figured since this was such a weird problem that maybe my rip was bad (at least the first time I re-ripped it)...and then (as you said) a little bit of desperate "well, maybe it will work THIS time" crept in. :)

A protected image won't play in WinDVD (licensed or un-licensed player) with out AnyDVD HD running in the background.
If the AACS protection is removed from the original disc by AnyDVD HD to test for the Cinavia problem , then that is a good test. (no need to keep creating all those ISO's)

If the test fails with the actual disc (sound muted after around 20 minutes), then you can make ISO's of the disc till the cows come home and it won't work.

James said it's a problem with this specific disc and that's it.

The use of a free player like MPC-HT works well enough as a "work-around", you just have to point it to the correct play list.
What I do is run it in my Power DVD14 with Speed Menu enabled _ speed menu gets the correct play list right 98% of the time.
Note the playlist number and use that when playing a disc with MPC-HT.

It's a pretty simple work-around in a case like this that works on a HTPC and for that reason I don't think James is making a priority to fix it, if he can.

Last edited:

Believe me I understood where you were coming from but there is a persistent myth out there that people won't let die about having to rip to use anydvd. Anydvd was designed for real time htpc usage. Ripping was thrown in as a request but it's not necessary and extremely time consuming when testing. The protected iso acts the same as the original as no processing has been done to it. That way you can mount it, turn the levers as you want in anydvd, and it will apply it all in real time. Just as it does to an original.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Believe me I understood where you were coming from but there is a persistent myth out there that people won't let die about having to rip to use anydvd. Anydvd was designed for real time htpc usage. Ripping was thrown in as a request but it's not necessary and extremely time consuming when testing. The protected iso acts the same as the original as no processing has been done to it. That way you can mount it, turn the levers as you want in anydvd, and it will apply it all in real time. Just as it does to an original.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

AnyDVD even warns a user they will need AnyDVD to use a protected ISO.

Untitled.jpg

I normally remove the protection when I rip - I love that feature of AnyDVD HD.

I am just worried that all movies from this group of makers will now no longer work - I have an mkv of the movie now with hardcoded subtitles in it so I can still watch the movie without much loss and not hit Cinavia - but that does not address the underlying problem.

I am just worried that all movies from this group of makers will now no longer work - I have an mkv of the movie now with hardcoded subtitles in it so I can still watch the movie without much loss and not hit Cinavia - but that does not address the underlying problem.

You could try a different player (TMT, PowerDVD) with this disc.

I know Power DVD 13 and 14 works and I think TMT as well.

SIGH....I so wish people would get OUT of the habit of ripping every time they want to test something. Or at the very least rip once with keep protection. It puts a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on a blu-ray drive for LITERALLY no reason. Especially in regard to this option because it has nothing at all to do with ripping. Just run AnyDVD on the original disc or a protected image if you want to test new versions.

Yes, usually the first thing I do if I think there is a problem is rip to image once to make sure there are no read errors and then work with the soft copy iso. Speeds everything up and saves the original disk and drive from unnecessary wear.

Last edited:

AnyDVD does not remove Cinavia from the audio stream. AnyDVDHD does disable some software players from detecting Cinavia but it does not remove Cinavia from the audio and has nothing to do with backing up. It's a player problem and no matter how you backup that disk, it will not change that problem. If Slysoft can verify that player bug is real, they should be able to solve that but it is a player problem not a disk decoding/backup problem.

You could try a different player (TMT, PowerDVD) with this disc.

It works with TMT6 .199 - so yeah, I guess it is not with the type of Cinavia protection on the disc...I should thought have thought that the entire way through. It is with the way WinDVD detects Cinavia on this disc. Odd...

Last edited:
AnyDVD does not remove Cinavia from the audio stream. AnyDVDHD does disable some software players from detecting Cinavia but it does not remove Cinavia from the audio and has nothing to do with backing up. It's a player problem and no matter how you backup that disk, it will not change that problem. If Slysoft can verify that player bug is real, they should be able to solve that but it is a player problem not a disk decoding/backup problem.

Yep, Cinavia is not removed - the players are just prevented from detecting it. The player bug is real (well, an odd issue in preventing WinDVD from detecting Cinavia) - I tested it on two different physical machines, one running Win8.1 and one running Win7. I re-ripped out of frustration and hope...I really did not expect anything to change. It was something I could do, though, which (for a short time at least) removed the feeling of powerlessness over this. :)

The strangest part is that no other Cinavia aware disc I have has this same issue. Bizarre. I wish I knew someone with WinDVD 11.6 latest version who could test it for themselves...right now it looks like I am the only one!

Captain Phillips has same issue

Captain Phillips just activated Cinavia protection as well - so there are more than one that do it. I feel less crazy now. ;)

Captain Phillips just activated Cinavia protection as well - so there are more than one that do it. I feel less crazy now. ;)
It might be time to consider getting a different licensed software player and stop using WinDVD.

It might be time to consider getting a different licensed software player and stop using WinDVD.

My choices are either TMT6, which no longer works with Media Browser 2.6 (I cannot go to MB3 due to the way my data is setup) or PowerDVD and its bloatware.

Or, which is what I did do, roll back to WinDVD 11.0 - which is pre-Cinavia and therefor does not detect it. As long as I do not run it without AnyDVD in the background (which I always have anyway), I have no problems. I just find it interesting that some movies work and some do not.

I wish I knew someone with WinDVD 11.6 latest version who could test it for themselves...right now it looks like I am the only one![/QUOTE]

Hi, am brand new to this forum. I've been researching this Cinavia issue with WinDVD as it is happening with me.

My problem is that I am getting the Cinavia is code 3 during playback of original retail BD discs - these are not copies. So far it has been Jurassic World, Inception, and another one I forget, all from Netflix or Red Box so far.

This is my setup:

- PC running Windows 10 x64
- Latest patched AnyDVD HD running with the Remove Cinavia option enabled
- WinDVD Pro 11.6
- Internal LG BD drive with 2013 firmware (latest)

I tried an older drive (2009) and it won't even detect a BD disc anymore. Another funny thing I noticed was I got the Cinavia message while playing a regular DVD - old black and white Victory at Sea documentary series of all things. I switched the disc to my secondary DVD drive, and it played fine without a message.

Last edited:
Despite the fact that this is a 2 year old topic, the solution is still the same. Enable the 'prevent cinavia detection by software player' in anydvd's program settings and bye bye cinavia.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Sorry for the incomplete post - accidently hit the post button - I just added the rest.

About your reply, I wish it were the case for me. Unfortunately I have that setting enabled, and I still get the error.

I would switch out players, but SlySoft says it's patch works for WinDVD so I don't know.

Are you sure you've got the correct setting enabled? The 2nd to last one "Prevent cinavia detection by software player" only disables the SOFTWARE player's capability to detect the signal. It does NOT remove the actual signal. The last one "Remove cinavia watermark..." actually removes it, but only in combination with CloneBD.

Double check, if it still happens create a NEW topic. Provide an Anydvd logfile so the devs van see the exact version installed and a screenshot of AnyDVD's program settings.

Back