• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Donation Button Thoughts

mediacowboy

I have seen threads where people talk about Paypal as a Donation Option. I had a thought what about maybe amazon or google? Please use this thread for ideas and suggestion's.

Pretty sure Google has a similar policy as PayPal, and Google wallet doesn't work in every country. Setting up a donation method isn't going to be easy. Either way, my POV is not to worry about it too much for now. Main focus is to get the infrastructure back up, then a purchase/licensing system and then perhaps a donation system if that's going to be possible at all.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

I posted in the other thread I started I was asking for someone from the team to post a bitcoin address so we could get them funds immediately to help them transition or reorganize.

I'll put that call out there again. I'm sure they need help to get things going, pay for moving stuff, new servers, new domain registrations, hosting, etc.

Please post a bitcoin address that we can anonymously send you funds, no strings attached, no expectations, etc. Just an address that we can all use to send you help while you reorganize. This way you don't have to worry about it as far as any legalities of continuing the business, while you're not a business etc. It's totally a "gift" between parties, nothing illegal about that. And it can't be traced so there's no fear of repercussions.

It was mentioned by James I think in the MYCE article he doesn't have a bluray drive or a raspi. I'm happy to buy those and ship them somewhere. Heck those you could setup a amazon wish list for it and that way would keep it anonymous.

We want to help, let us! :)

I posted in the other thread I started I was asking for someone from the team to post a bitcoin address so we could get them funds immediately to help them transition or reorganize.

I'll put that call out there again. I'm sure they need help to get things going, pay for moving stuff, new servers, new domain registrations, hosting, etc.

Please post a bitcoin address that we can anonymously send you funds, no strings attached, no expectations, etc.

That's what I was thinking, along with setting up torrent links so there will always be downloads available and decentralize/clone the servers on various servers worldwide so there will always be everything available. I would even say put as much as they can on P2P services and maybe even a TOR site. Make it a game of whack a mole for any lawyers/countries trying to take it down.

If possible, i donate. But with Bitcoin? Don't know how that works. If RedFox go for Bitcoin, i'm gonna need an 'instructions guide' for that... And at this moment, i think they got other things to work on.

Last edited:
It wouldn't have to be the only option, just one for those who want to remain super private about things. And since it's decentralized, they can always take money in and not be 100% dependent on card processors.

A couple thoughts....

Donation = good thing. can't be that difficult, torrent sites, software development sites, even cellphone app sites have them, they exist literally everywhere. Can't be too hard to do, at appropriate time, of course.

Bitcoin = bad idea. I'm with Glarioo on that premise.

Edit:
Found this "1 bitcoin, or about $400" who has that kind of money, so there would 1/4 or fractions needed, too complicated and unknown to myself and a lot of users.

Last edited:
I've noticed that a lot of VPN services accept payment via gift cards from other stores (for user anonymity, I suppose). That could be an option for RedFox.

I've noticed that a lot of VPN services accept payment via gift cards from other stores (for user anonymity, I suppose). That could be an option for RedFox.
Hmm that would be sweet. Make donations with an Amazon gift card or something? That sounds perfect if it's true and logistics can be worked out.

Hmm that would be sweet. Make donations with an Amazon gift card or something? That sounds perfect if it's true and logistics can be worked out.
Prior to its collapse the Slysoft management were negotiating with Elaborate Bytes to on sell CloneBD using the Slysoft website. With the changed circumstances would it be feasible to reverse those negotiations so that Elaborate Bytes would sell Redfox products?

Prior to its collapse the Slysoft management were negotiating with Elaborate Bytes to on sell CloneBD using the Slysoft website. With the changed circumstances would it be feasible to reverse those negotiations so that Elaborate Bytes would sell Redfox products?

My opinion, feasible, yes, but doubt it as then the US could focus in on them ala Slysoft. For now and previously none of their products decrypted anything so they've been legit. Probably wanna stay that way.

It would be nice but simple logic tells me this can't and won't happen. Why? Elaborate Bytes is based in Switzerland. Reselling AnyDVD and/or CloneCD would lead to legal complications.

Let's remember that Elaborate Bytes was the original developer of CloneCD but they stopped development back in 2003 and the reasoning was German copyright law and expectations that it would spread across the EU. CloneCD was then acquired by Slysoft.

I have been a user of these products since way back when it was just DVD's we had to backup. When I buy a new movie (DVD or Bluray), I immediately make a backup copy and use that to watch the movie...it eliminates damage and also watching all the crap the movie industry forces us to watch. The Devs on this forum are standup guys that are always ready to help us make backups of the latest releases we buy (which is our right). If they need help during this transition, we better all stand behind them. It's time to give back. Lets make a DONATION button happen...Paypal?

Found this "1 bitcoin, or about $400" who has that kind of money, so there would 1/4 or fractions needed, too complicated and unknown to myself and a lot of users.

If you dig a little deeper into bitcoin, you'll find that transactions can easily be made down to 0.00000001 bitcoin, or one hundred millionth of a bitcoin (also called a "satoshi"). So when you went to buy AnyDVD, you could be presented with its current price in bitcoin, say 0.1987 BTC. For donations, you can donate however much you want, say 0.01234 BTC. Any Bitcoin client program should make this very easy to do.

you'll find that transactions can easily be made down to 0.00000001 bitcoin, or one hundred millionth of a bitcoin

I'm an old man, like things simple. Seems a bit too complicated for me, sorry :)

i like this idea of donations. might help with getting things set up. but im with mcmenace, bitcoin confuses me :confused:

Back