• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to be honest, as much as I like the idea of "going rogue", it scares me.
But all the comments and ideas here are very welcome.
Is there anything specific you or your colleagues need from other participants? Ideas, money, support? I doubt whether I myself can provide it (except for some money), but maybe there are some good ideas and/or people among this crowd to help you guys and girls.

I think, logging in after just one day and seeing this thread, it shows that there is great interest and support here. That's a huge plus point.

(1) Am I prepared to put cash in? Well even as of today I have maybe hundreds of BD's, thousands of euros / pounds / leva (choose your currency!), at stake. And more importantly in fact I also have great feelings of loyalty to the brand. So the answer has to be yes, doesn't it.
(2) Is it financially viable for you guys? Don't know - but I suspect you would have to change to a subscription model, that is, when you buy, you get a program up to date "at that point" (including all OPD data!), then pay for updates.
(3) To know if you can legally (as opposed to morally) use Slysoft property, you need an Antiguan company lawyer to advise you - I doubt if Slysoft doesn't exist any more, more it's ceased trading, but I've no idea about Antigua and you need someone who does. If the company's in liquidation, what's to stop Fox buying it from the liquidator for $10 and owning the whole thing, just for example. Then they will come after anyone using "their" property. You need to know these things properly in my opinion. Of course, "operationally" you can take the programs and data but if you carry the business on and you are targeted what are the risks?
(4) I would not be using places like China or Russia to do business in. (My good friend in HK says you can't talk freely any more, more and more mainlanders are listening and you don't know who they are) Nearly all places that "resist" US law, are not really very safe without first to have very good connections. Server hosting is one thing, but you need access to banking, cash transfer, a legal vehicle if you guys create a partnership, and for these things you need a secure regulatory environment.

What are your assets? A great product, unique expertise, and a committed community. Those are big pluses so I don't want to sound only negative. But to create a "Slysoft New", when I look at the people you are up against, needs careful planning. This can sound political, but just a few rich people own the IP and run the US, and US law runs the world, this is reality.

Speaking on a personal level, if Slysoft was continued as a community of people like me who spend loads of money on films, both cinema and BD, and only want to watch "their" purchased material "their" way, this would be a really "positive" feeling - if this makes sense to you.

If you can find a way, I am behind you.

Cheers, Steve

Faut pas exagérer non plus... 20 à 30 euros par mois , c'est trop cher. Beaucoup de monde ne saurait pas mettre autant. Il faut s'en tenir aux tarifs qui étaient ceux du soft jusqu'à présent , sinon on risque de perdre pas mal de contributeurs potentiels qui n'auront pas les moyens de payer des sommes pareilles.

Il faut penser que les gens ont un tas de choses à payer tous les mois .
Dem stimme ich zu. Wenn ich zurückdenke so im Durchschnitt 2-3 DVD oder BD im Monat bei bei, wäre dieser Betrag auch zu hoch angesiedelt. Es sollte sich schon für beide Seiten lohnen. :)

Big thanks to all of you for your support!

I have some homework to do now. I'm certain that most of the ex-slysoft people will agree to move forward. We'll dig into all the annoying details, there are some great ideas in this thread.

Thank you!!!!!
While I have never really had the need to post on these forums (much) I have been a lifetime user of Slysofts products since the very beginning. I remember the days of having to cobble a workable back up solution from cryptic instructions found on hackers websites. Having to download half made, poorly written pieces of programs that were suppose to work together but never did.

Back in the dark ages BEFORE Slysoft and really Elby also, (we are talking 1999 era), before Slysoft there were No easy solutions to our problems. So, James and Company, I am behind you 100 percent and hope you keep us all informed on your decisions on keeping this product going. It IS your baby after all and I think you are our only hope at this point. Thanks for the work you have done for us over these last ten years and hopefully for the NEXT ten years to come.

Diver

Like everybody else, count me in, maybe it would be better to sell 1-2 Year licences, to keep the money flowing. I would pay 80-100 $/ EUR per year just to get the fox back deffinetly ! Do it in Bitcoin, no hassles with credit card companies. A good VPN Service is around 50-60 $ a year, so why not the same price for the Fox! Good luck, do it! I would be first day customer !!!!

Why not create a crowdfunding campaign ??
I'm not sure that would go well. It would create too much visibility and while it's a good thing from supporting perspective, it would probably also mean that the crowdfunding host would be bullied to terminate the project.

Dem stimme ich zu. Wenn ich zurückdenke so im Durchschnitt 2-3 DVD oder BD im Monat bei bei, wäre dieser Betrag auch zu hoch angesiedelt. Es sollte sich schon für beide Seiten lohnen. :)
Maybe a separate thread should be started for this topic - if there was a subscription model, how much would people pay? It's possibly an important issue for the ex-Slysoft people.

Maybe a separate thread should be started for this topic - if there was a subscription model, how much would people pay? It's possibly an important issue for the ex-Slysoft people.
Very good idea, if anyone could put it up, like how much are you willing to pay per month / years 0-5 $ ; 5-10$ ; 15 -20 etc etc

@James
Should there someday be a new AnyDVD release in the future, then generates please also their hash (MD5/SHA256) for the installation package file, to check the integrity of the software can be clearly verified by the user.

Thats actually the problem, because since SlySoft Inc is dead, there are some dubious download servers or download sources for the last AnyDVD installation package file.

So it would be help for the users, that one of the AnyDVD ex-developers could posts the right MD5/SHA256 hash value of the last original AnyDVD 7.6.9.0 installation package file here in the forum and verify the integrity of this installation package file.

Thanks! :)

i'm a newbie with LTL.i bought it just a day or two before slysoft closed.sad that it disappeared. signed up to the forum to express support for continuing the product in any viable format and hoping that there will be an upgrade path of some sort. thank you to the team for a great product.

I also hope that AnyDVD continues to offer support for Windows XP (for as long a possible, please).

A few years ago AnyDVD dropped compatibility with Windows 2000 Professional; we posted here about it, and James and company made the effort and got it working in the next version. I will always remember that. In fact, the current release 7.6.9.0 still works under W2k Pro! Great product, great service, carry on.

Count me in for support in any form,i have had great help from the community here and look forward to a bright future whatever the name.

Just like someone posted some pages back, I also was thinking to get a 4K HDR Projector, a Player, UHD discs etc. ,but under these cicumstances, hell no ! money stays in my pocket! So the big studios are cutting their own flesh!! music industry understood years ago and removed copy protections, and their numbers are going up again, movie industry is too stupid to realize...

I was very sad to see Slysoft cease trading and I too would like to see it keep going. It has been a great help to me for many of the years I have had a lifetime subscription and I'm sure it's the same for many of the users of this great product all around the world.

Got a lifetime license couple years ago. Would get one again to support even though I don't even have any strongly protected bluray or dvd ( I don't have any cache file from the online database; no Hollywood productions ).
I would also donate to some funds to keep the ex-slysoft people be able to plan the next move without having to worry too much about a job.

Just registered for this thread.
Longterm user from nearly day one.
And as matrix said: Count me in for support in any form,i have had great help from the community here and look forward to a bright future whatever the name.
This is a fight for principle!
Hell Yeah!

Well typically I hate making new accounts unless I have to but I created one here to lend support and say thank you. I have used AnyDVD for years and actually just bought a new license on the 23rd. And that I am NOT upset about. If this were to continue in another form I would be more than happy to support it. I have very much enjoyed following the threads on here and seeing so much hardcore support for something is pretty darn cool.

Again, thank you Slysoft and I hope to see something new in the future.

havent posted for years....but....as a lifetime owner of all slysoft and elby products I would gladly support new work by former slysoft staff members and gladly pay for any new products. count me in on the resurrection. to everyone involved with this rebirth please keep the rest of us informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back