• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you guys can continue in some sort of form, preferably for those of us who like to watch our blu-ray on expensive equipment as iso files, for me quality is everything, i wouldn't be impressed if we had to start using machines that can't even achieve 24fps playback, ie the Amazon Fire TV 2....

I am very pleased to see so many that are willing to help out in anyway possible and it has only been a few hours since Ivan posted this very impressive, as is Anydvd and it is very positive nice to hear from the Ex- slysoft team Which I want to thank for doing such a terrific job for us all over the years.
We need our Fox life without it is just incomplete.(y)(y)

Hopefully this is not the end of AnyDVD HD. Maybe they find a way to come back. I had paid every 2 years for this fantastic product, my license expires in september 2017. If they could continue under another name, with the same product quality and support, i would repurchase my licence immediately, without a doubt! Please let us know if this happens in the (near?) future.
If it's not possible to make a 'come-back'... Thank you all for the good work!
Note for the movie industry: If i can't back-up - legally in my opinion - my own blu ray's anymore (always movie only - i hate the menu's, trailers, ...) and playback with a Dune media player... Then i'll stop buying blu ray's, i will illegal downloading them!

I just registered to show my support.

Thank you guys for all the work you have done so far and count me in for continuous support!

I will be very happy to give my own contribution being a customer with a lifetime license.
I have also two new BD+ with logs I'd like to see decrypted. :D

the BD+ robo bitch seems to be offline, so as of now new BD+ discs are not processed anymore.

Ah, that explains why a couple of new releases were reported not working, thought it was strange since only a handful of BD+ titles have needed manually updating since the remote analysis feature was added.

It certainly wouldn't be easy. And I am not sure, if anyone else would want such a "decryption box". Or a "raspi as Blu-ray player".

In my opinion, though a really cool idea, I believe this would be too small of a market for the time/effort required (assuming you want to make money)
I'd imagine most people with these boxes do not want to watch from the actual disc.

That's also my issue with Bitcoin, as great as it is (I used to it to purchase) I think you will lose a lot of potential customers, the average user won't even know what Bitcoin is, let alone go through the time to set it up.

Similar thing with using unsigned drivers, most average users won't want to turn 'security' type options in Windows off, could give them the impression "is this software even safe?" not to mention the potential support nightmare.

Just my 2 cents trying to think from a different perspective.

An 11-page thread thusfar,build up in less than a day....:whistle:
This clearly shows that there's big interest for a resurrection of AnyDvdHd! :D:D

I've never progressed past DVDs, but when HD-DVD & Blu-ray support was added to AnyDVD, I immediately purchased the upgrade license to hopefully contribute somewhat to its continued development.
I'm a massive fan of AnyDVD since purchasing it around 2005 and loved the product ever since. I still have a ton of DVDs waiting to be backed up.
Like many, I also have AnyDVD installed on a second laptop (which I very rarely use) - I would certainly buy a second lifetime license for that laptop to show support for this amazing piece of software.
I also hope that AnyDVD continues to offer support for Windows XP (for as long a possible, please).

Last edited:
Désolé , je ne parles pas anglais. Mais je veux que vous sachiez que si vous décidez de poursuivre l'aventure sous un autre nom qu'AnyDVD HD , et bien je participerais au financement en achetant votre soft.

Longue vie à ce projet et à ses développeurs !!!!

Ah, that explains why a couple of new releases were reported not working, thought it was strange since only a handful of BD+ titles have needed manually updating since the remote analysis feature was added.

In my opinion, though a really cool idea, I believe this would be too small of a market for the time/effort required (assuming you want to make money)
I'd imagine most people with these boxes do not want to watch from the actual disc.

That's also my issue with Bitcoin, as great as it is (I used to it to purchase) I think you will lose a lot of potential customers, the average user won't even know what Bitcoin is, let alone go through the time to set it up.

Similar thing with using unsigned drivers, most average users won't want to turn 'security' type options in Windows off, could give them the impression "is this software even safe?" not to mention the potential support nightmare.

Just my 2 cents trying to think from a different perspective.
Though a Windows version with a signed driver is the most convenient, I believe with unsigned win drivers, there would be still much more users than with RPi or any other linux versions.

I have also been a lifetime license holder for quite some time. Haven't needed to post due to the developers great support, however, when I heard the news of the shutdown I had to inquire. First, let me give praise and thanks to the developers for their efforts over the years. I have had a chance myself to be involved in different aspects of software development, networking, ect and understand the time and effort involved to develop and code software. If you never have had the opportunity let's just say you learn a quick apperication for software development. It's great to see everybody bond together to save the program we love so much. I myself would also be willing to repurchase/contribute in any way needed to keep Anydvd alive. Hope you guys choose to do just that and this is the new future for Anydvd.

@James

I would back up the repos for whichever ex-Slysoft products and infrastructure (OPD server, robo-bitch, etc.) you have the code for in a couple of places for safe keeping. If anything untoward happens, this way it could always be forcibly open-sourced if The Man comes down on you guys.

I love AnyDVD HD, been using it constantly for the past 7+ years or so and have never encountered a single bug, issue or problem. It's one of those really solid, professional, lightweight applications that just does what it needs to do, and does it extremely well. I trust SlySoft like no other developer.

So yes I would definitely be in, and would also be open to some kind of subscription/renewal-based license if needed (at least if shooting for UHD BD support, don't know how much longer I'm going to purchase regular BDs if UHD takes off.)

As someone mentioned in another thread, with the business model of lifetime licenses, I was expecting SlySoft to die from lack of funds and interest in disc-based media sooner than from legal issues. When SlySoft announced they would do away with lifetime licenses all those years back, I was as apprehensive as everyone else. However the software climate has changed a lot in the last few years, and it makes sense for a product whose core functionality depends on constant updates. In hindsight it would have easily been worth it either way, AnyDVD HD has been that crucial for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back