• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnyDVD has always been top notch. Lifetime license user here. Thank you for quality work. Count me in.

Sounds more like a corporate screw over than anything else now (CYA by owner). Think about how stupid it is that the usurping power has no control over the IP. The corporate structure of the former Slysoft was brilliant in that nobody knew where the actual software was located, except for a small few. And this way the owner had no real control over employees and can just throw up his hands if former employees retain the IP and servers and move forwards. If nobody knows where the developers are, then this can continue indefinitely, but the former employees would bear the risk moving forward, not the former owner. The only issue will be access to a payments system or a general blockage of the IP addresses of the OPD or website. The former is more problematic if you want to eat. Interesting story that gets more interesting as time moves on.

Last edited:
I Have been a long time user but haven't used the forums till now love the software would be awesome if you could continue and support uhd blu ray disks would it be hard to move to a new domain that is a safe haven. I think credit card payments should still be a option of payments as some people don't know how to use bitcoins

This:
I'd like to see the next product be fully stand alone. No OPD. The licensing and all cracks need to be imbedded into the application in case this happens agains. Obviously there needs to be hooks to support new cracks between software updates, but the next release should obviously roll all that back into the install package.

I agree completely with storing the database and cracking abilities in the program itself instead of constantly accessing the servers. Maybe as VirtualRipper has said, when new releases come out, they can be temporarily available on the OPD, and then along with the next program update, is included. And another idea would be to let the user decide if they want to save on HDD space by downloading an OPD version of the program, or a version with the protection database built-in. I imagine it takes quite a bit of space, thus why I'm suggesting two different versions here.

I also agree with others about the hassle of Bitcoin... never used it in my life and hope I never have to. I can understand it for anonymity reasons, but otherwise it's just a major pitb. Hopefully other methods of payment can be included.

The only reason I was so curious about DVDFab before was because I didn't know how they worked. It sounds like they only piggy-back Slysoft, and charge more than they should. Seems like a ripoff to me. I was never a fan of them in the first place. I will always stand by Slysoft. My family has used it for many, many years. Not to mention the nostalgia of the dreaded "Oh no!" message of Elby. :p

I still hope there will be the ability to activate offline however. This is one feature I'd hate to see disappear. One of the many reasons I love Slysoft and hate DRM and "internet connection required" copy protection bullcrap on games. I'm by no means a "gamer" and I hate DRM with a passion. It was so much easier when all you needed was a serial key, no internet, and unlimited installs. (I only want to use it for my personal use, I do not share. The government just doesn't care. (Rhyme not intended)) And then you don't have to call the company when your OS craps out and you didn't have a chance to de-register the software with that PC due to limited installs when you have to reinstall your OS.

At any rate, I hope the Phoenix rises from the ashes of the Fox. Best of luck and wishes. ;)

guerreiro-fenix-ii.jpg
Image found on Google, credits to the original artist.

P.S. I've heard the talk of Linux versions of the software. That'd be cool too, but I hope development will always continue on Windows.

P.P.S. One of the primary reasons I hate online activation is when the company's servers shut down for whatever reason, or just because it's obsolete and they want you to buy something new, then that game/program or whatever, can no longer be activated, and thus disappears from the face of the earth.

Last edited:
Anydvd already activates offline, James stated that in one of his earlier replies and one of the main things that exactly wanted to do. Instead of going the route other products go and require an online activation.

You're mixing up anydvd activation and the OPD that's required atm for decrypting new releases. The 2 aren't related in any way.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Oh I know, I wasn't mixing them up. I was referring to the OPD in the beginning of the post, but then the activation of the program later on. I'm just hoping that the offline activation isn't a feature that would be removed if development is able to continue. (Fingers crossed.)

Sorry for the confusion, I also drifted off subject a few times referring to online activation of other programs and games, etc, in general. I try to explain myself too much. :p (Reading back, not all of it makes sense and flows together seamlessly, sorry.)

Last edited:
I'm still returning the 30 or more blu-rays I bought. So pissed off this happened. I have over 500 blurays now....

I had a lifetime license to everything you guys made. In fact I have 4 (bought 3 for friends that don't really even use it) I will gladly rebuy any license or subscription.

Hello,

you have done a great work, Thanks for the many work.I was shocked as this is read with Slysoft.
I am a quiet AnyDVD user. I have (had) a Lifetime license from any Slysoft program.

My AnyDVD license is from 2003 and the HD of 2008.

I would buy the program right away, also donate what,
I am in. :)

Greetings from Germany :)

AnyDVD's magic mostly happens in the anydvd.sys kernel mode driver, and you really want this to be signed. Otherwise Windows will refuse to load it. Windows 10 even requires, that you send the driver to Microsoft, and they will sign the driver for you - self signing is no longer allowed.
I really hate Microsoft for this.

I want AnyDVD for a Raspberry Pi. Plug in a drive at the USB port, watch the disc on the Raspi. Or access it over the Ethernet port.
Driver signature enforcement can be disabled in Windows and is not hard at all (no fiddling with registry etc, just a troubleshooting option from the boot menu), so that's not a problem IMO. I'm also in for an RPi option, though. In fact I like the idea more each time I think about it :)

I could not have said it better myself @Cowchucker (by purchased I mean borrowed or rented)
Hi SlySoft I'm really sorry. Your software was always worth the money. You made our lives easier and gave us the ability to get the most out of the movies we purchased. I'm sure there will be a replacement in future from somewhere, but it'll never be as good as you guys. Thank you all

An A+ quality product

im a lifetime user, but i will buy/donate a second time to support our red fox :)
since slysoft is shutting down, is the same like a family member has passed away

AnyDVD's magic mostly happens in the anydvd.sys kernel mode driver, and you really want this to be signed. Otherwise Windows will refuse to load it. Windows 10 even requires, that you send the driver to Microsoft, and they will sign the driver for you - self signing is no longer allowed.

I want AnyDVD for a Raspberry Pi. Plug in a drive at the USB port, watch the disc on the Raspi. Or access it over the Ethernet port.

Yeah, a Linux-version of AnyDVD would be awesome since I decided not to jump onto Windows 10 spyware-crap and considering the fact that support for win7 will end in less than 4 years. Furthermore don't wanna support the company that has contributed to the fall of SlySoft ;)

I Have been a long time user but haven't used the forums till now love the software would be awesome if you could continue and support uhd blu ray disks would it be hard to move to a new domain that is a safe haven. I think credit card payments should still be a option of payments as some people don't know how to use bitcoins

Das trifft auch für mich zu. Please Credit Card!!
Danke!!!!!

The better alternative to the Raspi:

ODROID-XU4 (approx. $80.-)

Specs:
______

* Samsung Exynos5422 Cortex™-A15 2Ghz and Cortex™-A7 Octa core CPUs
* Mali-T628 MP6(OpenGL ES 3.0/2.0/1.1 and OpenCL 1.1 Full profile)
* 2Gbyte LPDDR3 RAM PoP stacked
* eMMC5.0 HS400 Flash Storage
* 2 x USB 3.0 Host, 1 x USB 2.0 Host
* Gigabit Ethernet port
* HDMI 1.4a for display

SlySoft did a great job over the years. I would like to thank you.
I'm a lifetime user of all sly and elby products and you can count on me in future.
Waiting for resurrection (y)

Wow, 4 more pages since my last post. I like where this thread is heading. Also somewhat reassuring to hear your comments James.

As to assets or not and what's owed. I'd say claim what can be claimed of all sources and re-brand it. Call it an accidental server leak or just the developers "starting from scratch".

Again, I will support in any way possible. Forum works, licenses and even hosting mirrors etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back