• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No fox, no job, no future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to be honest, as much as I like the idea of "going rogue", it scares me.

Totally understandable! :)
There's also an alternative : you can apply for a job by the monkey team.....I'm pretty sure they would like to hire you...;)
But I doubt that this is what you really want...;)

First bring it back as it was, and go from there. Don't want to put the cart before the horse. The folks actually doing the work must decide the methodology that's best for them.

And to be honest, as much as I like the idea of "going rogue", it scares me......
But this is all blah, first we need to address the real problems. To be, or not to be....

Very true. You have a few options I guess:
- Do it all yourself
- Someone will "offer" to host all the infrastructure (incl payment gw etc) like Slysoft previously and the dev team can just continue to dev
- Let it die
- Join one of the competitors

Long time user, infrequent poster. Would love to see this keep going, give me a way to help, I'll do what I can.

How much does the opd depend on users sending in logs? Is there private two-way communication needed to keep this going (seems like, but I could be wrong).

Totally understandable! :)
There's also an alternative : you can apply for a job by the monkey team.....I'm pretty sure they would like to hire you...;)
This would put me/us into the same situation as before. According to Chinese copyright law, surprisingly "the monkey" is illegal in China. I don't think the Chinese authorities give a damn, so "the monkey" should be safe. But we thought the same thing, and look what happened.

This would put me/us into the same situation as before. According to Chinese copyright law, surprisingly "the monkey" is illegal in China. I don't think the Chinese authorities give a damn, so "the monkey" should be safe. But we thought the same thing, and look what happened.
Being a non-corporate, crowd-sourced project by individual programmers does seem to be the best way to go. A lot more research would be needed to make sure.

Long time user, infrequent poster. Would love to see this keep going, give me a way to help, I'll do what I can.

How much does the opd depend on users sending in logs? Is there private two-way communication needed to keep this going (seems like, but I could be wrong).
AACS and BD+ is decrypted automatically by the "robo-bitch", if an unknown disc is inserted anywhere for the first time. So yes, the OPD is automatically filled by the users' discs with a private / public key two way communication.
BTW, the BD+ robo bitch seems to be offline, so as of now new BD+ discs are not processed anymore.

One thing to strong arm Antigua... China or Russia such things would be way down the political spectrum

One thing to strong arm Antigua... China or Russia such things would be way down the political spectrum
You're probably right, but I still don't enjoy the idea to work for "the monkey". :D

Let's hope you don't have to then lol, although I bet you'd improve the looks, behavior and performance of their passkey solution a 1000fold :-D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Venezuala is only 800 miles away from Antigua......I doubt that the AACS-LA consortium has some influence there... :D

AACS and BD+ is decrypted automatically by the "robo-bitch", if an unknown disc is inserted anywhere for the first time. So yes, the OPD is automatically filled by the users' discs with a private / public key two way communication.
BTW, the BD+ robo bitch seems to be offline, so as of now new BD+ discs are not processed anymore.

James, I hope that you can get a new software company set up.

And I'd be the first (or one of many) to pay for it--subscription, license, etc.

Question: can you still make it so that PowerDVD and WinDVD will still ignore Cinavia with your 'Cinavia ignore' trick that you set up for AnyDVD??

And also keep old software such as PowerDVD 10 Ultra running smoothly, without the need for new AACS keys and the like??

Thanks again.

Let's hope you don't have to then lol, although I bet you'd improve the looks, behavior and performance of their passkey solution a 1000fold :-D

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Actually, they would have a real programmer, not people that steal others ideas.

:LOL:

That's a happy path though, right? Don't you need people to post logs for unknown stuff?
/me hopes James has all the source and just needs a new place to put it

Exactly this. The US was able to bully Antigua cause it's small. They will not do the same with China or Russia. Heck they've been trying for years with bigger things than copywrite issues and had no luck. Look at snowden, he's in Russia and best we could do is say please return him. Russia gave us the finger.

MakeMKV has their servers in Russia, St Petersberg I believe I saw somewhere. They are doing some of the same things as AnyDVD. What can the US do other than say please stop. But there are other better places to put a server to host stuff than even Russia or China. MakeMKV though uses a credit card processor, so that is what I would think is their Achilles heel. That's why I say bitcoin, just can't trace it.

Being a non-corporate, crowd-sourced project by individual programmers does seem to be the best way to go.

This too. That's why they were able to hit slysoft, there was a central point. Go decentralized and don't give them a target to hit.

I keep hearing the home depot commercial in my head. "You can do it. We can help!"

I for one would love to see all you guys get back on the wagon. I would 200% support a relaunch - even if I have to shell the cost of a new license. I love buying media - but I love the convenience of having it centrally stored on my sever so I can be in my bedroom, family room or basement and enjoy it. AnyDVD allowed that to happen for me - and would love to see this bounce back. Good luck guys!

I am still shocked about this closure. Enough to not have responded to anything yet. Only drifting from site to site to dig up news. Here, TorrentFreak, Myce, AfterDawn and even Doom9.
This is a positive relief to hear a discussion of continued development.

While I'm no coder, I would definitely stick as a loyal translator and even customer by re-purchasing licenses. Not sure what else I can offer. I'm getting better with servers and stuff now and have quite a few maintained by now. I'm also working as admin on a forum running XenForo, the very same that you switched to here. So if I can offer anything, I will. Even if it means hosting some of your stuff.

If not for the sake of AnyDVD HD and the awesome SlySoft team, then for the sake of freedom, this project must not be abandoned. The government and Hollywood empire of greed already has too much power. We should do what we can to defend our rights to back stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back