• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Online Protection Database Error - OPD Down as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all 3 yes, if 1 fails it'll move on to the next. You don't know which one of the servers will hold the key for the disc you've inserted. If there was only 1 IP, the ip lookup would only mention one, there's 3 of them. You do the math ;)

Thanks !

you add them all 3, and you always add it below the introduction text

Many thanks to you, Ch3vr0n, for this help and all the help you've done in this Forum over the last few years.

Like you, I dread having to use PassKey on newer Blu-ray discs in upcoming days, weeks, months, etc. ahead.

But, such is life.

I doubt they can close a forum since it has no link to Anydvd HD since that was the main program that allow the other software to work and do their magic that we all take for granted now.

They can close it in a second. All it takes is to remove the DNS entries and poof. However I hope it won't come to that and elby takes over the forums. And gong, I have no intention to stop. You can always find me on doom9 and perhaps in the future on fab's forums, or I might just start my own.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

They can close it in a second. All it takes is to remove the DNS entries and poof. However I hope it won't come to that and elby takes over the forums. And gong, I have no intention to stop. You can always find me on doom9 and perhaps in the future on fab's forums, or I might just start my own.

It's going to be interesting to see how Fengtao will sell their software now that they've admitted that it won't even take on AACS 2.0.

I have a account on the doom9 site as well, same username, but rarely went there since I loved the Slysoft stuff.

I'll see your posts over there too.

(y)

Now, I have to change my online DVD/Blu-ray research habits.

True but they have to make the case but Anydvd HD is not longer here to download on forum. Would that make it harder to close the a forum?

Harder not at all, is still hosted on a subdomain. It all depends on how long they pay the bills or want to keep it online.

you add them all 3, and you always add it below the introduction text
I originally only added the one IP address that was directly listed as being the key server. Adding 3 does no harm if the other two don't resolve correctly, and as you pointed out having 3 hosts makes for easier retrieval if the OPD is split up.

All

All with the same name ?
The name(s) after the IP address(es) is for humans to read, so people know what the IP address is linked to.

So yeah, use the same name if you don't want to get confused.

Actually no that's not it. A domain name by itself does nothing. A website is hosted on a server that has an IP address. The domain name (URL) links the 2 together and tells a browser on which server a site is located. The same is true for the hosts file. You add and IP address and an URL next to it. In effect you are specifically telling window THAT domain is located on that specific IP.

Any time you request a website, the first place Windows looks before even requesting the DNS pool is the hosts file.

Well i must be doing something wrong because i still get an error
Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12007!

What did you enter in the hosts file?

I think i have it now not

Think I have it now
I put the 3 ip address and the names as they are linked to here(using the h5,lw, and ovh name)
http://www.myce.com/news/slysoft-developer-anydvd-will-continue-to-work-78688/

I just changed each name to key.slysoft.com and don't get an error
Also i would like to thank sylsoft, ch3vron and everyone over the years.

I'm confused, do you need OPD to make MP4 videos with CloneDVD mobile

So say the forum and key server go down are most of you on other forums to keep in touch with info?

Thanks James, so if you make MP4 video from BD with CloneBD you need OPD

That depends how old the disc is and the encryption. Anydvd MIGHT need it to decrypt the movie. However CloneBD can use a source that was ripped with another tool :)

Try to ping key.slysoft.com
Ping statistics for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Failed for all three IP Addresses reported elsewhere.

I just tried a DVD and the status window reported "using online database!" Does that mean the OPD is still working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back