• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Closed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind sharing that info? Doing the same and not coming up with the info I need...

I'm running Network Monitor to try to determine the IP address AnyDVD attempts to access when its trying to pull up the online database but I'm only getting local addresses, Microsoft addresses, and a couple of nil IPs. I also have been unable to determine a proper working IP for key.slysoft.com Could someone confirm what is the current public IP of key.slysoft.com and what would be the appropriate IP to configure via host file in order to have AnyDVD continue to work properly?

I'm not sure if DVDfab will be a suitable replacement. Can it make full rips to then process in BDRB? I tried to join their forum and was banned from joining, what's up with that?
Using pass-key by itself, will get around AACS and then with Imgburn you can create a full working ISO.
I am not sure if Pass-Key has a built in ripper, but I know Imgburn will work for sure.

And as for your "band" message, they get allot of spam over there so if your email is "gmail" or something to that affect, then you will get a "band" message.

Last edited:
I regret you that, but you are wrong. SlySoft is under massive pressure since 2007. From Websheriff over Irdeto, US department of Justice to AACS-LA. He resisted for many years. More than anybody else. So please, be fair.

Unfortunately, Slysoft folded under pressure. What does the DoJ have to do with a sovereign country like Antigua? The DoJ has become political and fails to follow the Constitution of its own land. Not to mention a previous Secretary of State, let's not even mention the president, that believes she is above the law of the common people. Are you OK with allowing the US dictating to the people of Antigua? It's time for the AACS-LA to be taken down once and for all.

But fear not, it's only a matter of time before another company steps in to fill the void left by Slysoft. May you rest in peace.

all i can say is: http://who.is. Then enter the domain. I won't post the exactl link as it may reveal some personal data about the domain

Using pass-key by itself, will get around AACS and then with Imgburn you can create a full working ISO.
I am not sure if Pass-Key has a built in ripper, but I know Imgburn will work for sure.

And as for your "band" message, they get allot of spam over there so if your email is "gmail" or something to that affect, then you will get a "band" message.
Thanks that must be it. I did install dvdfab9 but there are many options most I don't think I need. I have been a long time supporter of BDRB and that is all I really ever use. I did a rip of Oblivion BD with Imgburn and BDRB is processing it not sure if the disc in encrypted or not. does Pass-key work similarly to how Anydvd did? If so did it decrypt ?

It does look like Passkey will work. I'm sure not anywhere as good as Anydvd has been, I will miss slysoft. If they reopened I'm sure all of us would support them again.

Last edited:
I'm running Network Monitor to try to determine the IP address AnyDVD attempts to access when its trying to pull up the online database but I'm only getting local addresses, Microsoft addresses, and a couple of nil IPs. I also have been unable to determine a proper working IP for key.slysoft.com Could someone confirm what is the current public IP of key.slysoft.com and what would be the appropriate IP to configure via host file in order to have AnyDVD continue to work properly?

If you manage to obtain the database, please let us know, and could you possibly upload it when you can. if you're allowed. Or maybe tell us how to obtain it ourselves. Maybe then we can figure out how to install it as well.

Hi all, I hope this suggestion is not out of line, but maybe it's worth considering releasing the source code to Slysoft products. This would allow the products to live on? It would also be a kick in the nuts to the entities who pressured you guys for so long. Just a thought.

I am not a Slysoft AnyDVDHD user or key holder . . BUT . . I am sorry to see the unethical corporate lawyers in my country and state of residence shut down a legitimate business in a foreign country in order to supposedly increase profits for an already bloated and obese industry. But, so be it. Will this cause me to purchase more BDs? No . . of course not. If anything it will eliminate all "blind buys" & reduce my urge to purchase optical media based entertainment at all. I can skip most movies and just wait to watch on cable, etc. - assuming I decide it is even worth watching once. I wish these studios with their financial heads stuck where the sun does not shine good luck funneling $$ to their lawyers (talk about the scum of the earth) & companies like verance (cinavia) who suck money and add $000 to movie studios revenue accounts. Bye Bye Slysoft . . and Sony . . and Universal . . and Fox, etc. . . . .

Thank you so much for these extensive and valuable answers!!!!!!!

This depends on the disc / protection.
DVDs: All DVDs should continue work. OPD is only used to speed up things, it is optional.
HD-DVDs: All work.
Blu-Ray AACS: AnyDVD contains data for roughly 130000 discs, these will continue to work. Discs not included in AnyDVD will need the OPD. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
Blu-Ray BD+, 20th Century Fox: Recent discs (1-2 years?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
Blu-Ray Java protection (mostly Lionsgate): Recent discs (1 year?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results are not cached.
Blu-ray cinavia: Will continue to work with current players & software.

Note for the technical skilled: The servers are still running, probably as long as the bills are paid, but their DNS entries are removed.
If you have a router with a DNS proxy or can edit your Windows hosts file, you can add a key.slysoft.com with an IP address for one of the key server proxies.
I don't know how long the servers will continue to run.

There are no registration/validation servers. I always insisted, that we don't follow the trend with "key authentication". AnyDVD and the key is not bound to your hardware. As long as you have your keyfile, you can install it on your PC.

Hope this helps.

The real problem was the hoster, hetzner.de is definitely not a good choice to host such site..offshore hoster in russian or asian countries are way better just saying

If you manage to obtain the database, please let us know, and could you possibly upload it when you can. if you're allowed. Or maybe tell us how to obtain it ourselves. Maybe then we can figure out how to install it as well.

I'm not sure how to cache the database, but with the suggestion of James and some help from Ch3vr0n I now have it working and am currently ripping a disc that was not working earlier today (X-Men Days of Future Past). If allowed to do so, I would be happy to share the solution publicly.

Slysoft staff: can I share with other posters the exact procedure in order to retain access to the online database?

Call me the invisible man.......

There is simply too much at stake, too many dis-satisfied owners, too much of a DEMAND for this product or another one like it, to just disappear.

Slysoft as we know and love it MIGHT be gone, but IMO somebody will eventually fill the huge vacuum created if the demise truly is reality. Like Demonoid for example, I'm putting forth the scenario that Slysoft may recover. If not....

Economics 101, a big demand will inevitably create supplier(s). Not to mention the financial rewards reaped by filling that demand as further incentive.

Demand always creates supply, don't see why this is any different. Someone hopefully will capitalize on a sad situation but thats what makes the world go round. Slysoft found their niche, I have faith that somebody will fill that same niche!!

The technology exists. Hopefully either Slysoft or some as yet to appear group will fill the opening. Think about it, has been only a few days and came out of nowhere!! This leaves a huge vacuum that WILL be addressed.

BTW, it is legal in USA to make (1) backup copy of a CD, DVD, BD you purchased. So without this or similar software those of us in the USA are losing that privilege!!

Bottom line, don't be hasty in burying what could turn out to become something we all will praise. Too much negativity over too little time!!

it might be legal to make a copy of a disc, the thing is it is ILLEGAL to circumvent the technologies that prevent you from doing so! That's the catch :) And since Anydvd circumvents those technologies they label Anydvd as illegal too aswell as pretty much any software that does so.

it might be legal to make a copy of a disc, the thing is it is ILLEGAL to circumvent the technologies that prevent you from doing so! That's the catch :) And since Anydvd circumvents those technologies they label Anydvd as illegal too aswell as pretty much any software that does so.

Who is "they" and it is legal in USA to make (1) backup copy of a CD, DVD, BD you purchased. So without this or similar software those of us in the USA are losing that privilege!!

Who is "they" and it is legal in USA to make (1) backup copy of a CD, DVD, BD you purchased. So without this or similar software those of us in the USA are losing that privilege!!

He explained it...

You have the right to backup your discs, however it is illegal to circumvent encryption. Blu-rays are protected by encryption, which prevents you from backing up your discs.

BTW, it is legal in USA to make (1) backup copy of a CD, DVD, BD you purchased. So without this or similar software those of us in the USA are losing that privilege!!
Yes it is legal to make a copy of your purchased BD, DVD, etc. It is NOT legal to break the protection on the disc. You can make a copy, but the protection will make the copied disc unusable. That is how they get you. They paid a lot of money to the politicians to have it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back