• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Closed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Men Days of Future Past (both 3D and 2D) produced this error for me this morning. I have hundreds of Blu-rays that still need to be ripped, I haven't been able to go through all of them yet to compile a complete list.

If there are no plans to re-sell AnyDVD under another name/another company in another country...
Why don't you just release the last version of AnyDVD HD for free then? Spread it on the 'net thru torrents if any website would be a risk.
And if you completely decided to shutdown forever then you could release the full source code to the public.

I used AnyDvd HD and Reclock for years, to play discs directly from PC. I do not rip. So, now how to continue? Passkey instead anydvd? Maybe. But for Reclock?

Talk about a Bad Day. It sucks when you know in the back of your mind it would happen some day and then when it does it sucks.Ben using SlySoft sens its beginning.was grandfathered in a long time ago.around 2003 or some thing like that.Never let me down.Have it on all 4 of my computers right now.even my laptop.Just hope it works a bit longer so I can finish the back ups I still need to do.

No worries about that. Nobody is listening:
1) WE shut down the servers, not an authority
2) All our servers are still under OUR control
3) Our servers are all ENCRYPTED

So relax...

Is the product self sufficient without the online decryption database?
If no registration/validation servers are responding, will we be able to install the last version on our new machines in the future?

MPAA/RIAA are clueless. All I want is 1080p, DRM-free digital files of my movies. DRM-free so that I can access them through whatever app I choose, such as Plex, iTunes homeshare, etc. I refuse to buy your digital movies that have to stay housed in whatever crappy flavor-of-the-month app you're using (ultra-violet, amazon, vudu, itunes, youtube, etc.), spreading my library all over with no single way to access all my movies. Get it through your heads: WE WILL PAY YOU FULL PRICE FOR YOUR MOVIES if you do this. As of this shut down I will now stop purchasing the plethora of Blu-rays I've been buying and backing up.

Thank you Slysoft for all your hard work over the years. Here's to you and yours.

Is the product self sufficient without the online decryption database?
This depends on the disc / protection.
DVDs: All DVDs should continue work. OPD is only used to speed up things, it is optional.
HD-DVDs: All work.
Blu-Ray AACS: AnyDVD contains data for roughly 130000 discs, these will continue to work. Discs not included in AnyDVD will need the OPD. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
Blu-Ray BD+, 20th Century Fox: Recent discs (1-2 years?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
Blu-Ray Java protection (mostly Lionsgate): Recent discs (1 year?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results are not cached.
Blu-ray cinavia: Will continue to work with current players & software.

Note for the technical skilled: The servers are still running, probably as long as the bills are paid, but their DNS entries are removed.
If you have a router with a DNS proxy or can edit your Windows hosts file, you can add a key.slysoft.com with an IP address for one of the key server proxies.
I don't know how long the servers will continue to run.

If no registration/validation servers are responding, will we be able to install the last version on our new machines in the future?
There are no registration/validation servers. I always insisted, that we don't follow the trend with "key authentication". AnyDVD and the key is not bound to your hardware. As long as you have your keyfile, you can install it on your PC.

Hope this helps.

I have a few last BD that I'd like to convert to ISO to keep on my HTPC. I tried to add them tonight when I came home. Typically I just right-click on the Red Fox in the systray and choose "Rip to Image." I browse to the destination but when I choose "Copy Disc" I get an error that says "Drive V: is not ready!" (Drive V is my HD-DVD ROM drive). Is there something else I need to be doing so that I can get my last movies into my computer before things completely stop working?

DVDs: All DVDs should continue work. OPD is only used to speed up things, it is optional.
Blu-Ray AACS: AnyDVD contains data for roughly 130000 discs, these will continue to work. Discs not included in AnyDVD will need the OPD. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
Blu-Ray BD+, 20th Century Fox: Recent discs (1-2 years?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
Blu-Ray Java protection (mostly Lionsgate): Recent discs (1 year?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results are not cached.

Note for the technical skilled: The servers are still running, probably as long as the bills are paid, but their DNS entries are removed.
If you have a router with a DNS proxy or can edit your Windows hosts file, you can add a key.slysoft.com with an IP address for one of the key server proxies.

There are no registration/validation servers. I always insisted, that we don't follow the trend with "key authentication". AnyDVD and the key is not bound to your hardware. As long as you have your keyfile, you can install it on your PC.

Hope this helps.

To the whole Slysoft team, many many thanks for wonderful service and great products. I hope this is not the end but merely an intermission.

James, those servers that keep on running, their IP addresses will stay static, will they? Your "technical skilled" suggestion is working great for me; Google gave me the IP address necessary and now I get no OPD lookup error. Many MORE thanks for that!

--michael

Thanks for the info James, nice to see you posting, sorry about what happened with SlySoft. :(

I'm not sure if DVDfab will be a suitable replacement. Can it make full rips to then process in BDRB? I tried to join their forum and was banned from joining, what's up with that?

Hope this helps.

James, can you provide either IP addresses or direct one how to find IP addresses for these key server proxies?

i pulled a whois. Getting 3 dates: with the important one being "expires: May 12, 2021". Any chance it'll get pulled offline earlier? & 3 IP's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back