• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

scratched disk, how to skip bad sectors?

chardur

I have a disk with a scratch, is there a way to just skip the bad sectors and have a skip in the disk?

Right now anydvd gives me a read error and wont continue or ignore the error. it deletes the file after.

I did verify the disk is bad with the imagburn/anydvd disable method.

I have a disk with a scratch, is there a way to just skip the bad sectors and have a skip in the disk?

Right now anydvd gives me a read error and wont continue or ignore the error. it deletes the file after.

I did verify the disk is bad with the imagburn/anydvd disable method.

You can't skip the bad sectors with AnyDVD HD. The ability to skip them has been requested for a long long time but I suspect it won't be added.

You could try with ImgBurn. It allows you to have a bit more control over the ripping process.

I've just discovered IsoPuzzle, it goes through the disk and "bridges" unreadable sectors creating a repaired Iso file that can be run through Clone without problems.

AnyDVD can skip bad sectors when creating an image.

You 2 do know RichMc pulled a 5 year old thread necro :p

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

You 2 do know RichMc pulled a 5 year old thread necro :p

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
Now whos being hostile? This is the most unfriendly forum I've come across, no wonder I post once or twice a year, all I get is abuse and smug comments.

There's nothing hostile about it. Simply stating a fact. Nobody on any forum likes thread necro's. The last post before yours was end of December 2010!

And for the record that post was directed at James.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Necro or not, could James say a bit more about AnyDVD HD bring able to skip bad sectors when creating an ISO? That's interesting info to me.

Basically when anydvd encounters a read error you'll be offered the basic options of retry or skip and continue. That's all there is to it. However it is NOT recommended to use the anydvd ripper to create DVD iso's. The iso ripper is intended for bluray only, for which iso is in fact the recommended option. Anydvd does display a warning to that effect when you try to create a DVD ISO. If you must have an ISO, the recommended option is the ISO option in CloneDVD.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back