• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stuttering with CloneBD

rmmeli

I am testing out CloneBD. I have always used MakeMKV in the past and wanted to see what the differences were. I did a 1:1 copy of a Dr.No bluray in Clone BD. When I run the main .m2ts file in MPC-HC the video stutters in the sense that it speeds up at random points and then runs normally. It keeps doing this. When I run the same bluray ripped to an .mkv with Make MKV it works perfectly. Looking at the two files in MediaInfo, they seem pretty much identical. Is there something I am missing with how to use CloneBD?

Blu-ray's are meant to be played back in DISC mode, not file mode like you're doing by loading the main m2ts file.

Blu-ray's are meant to be played back in DISC mode, not file mode like you're doing by loading the main m2ts file.
Funny, I never had a problem playing m2ts directly from a Blu-Ray disc and I did scores of them. They were ripped by ANYDVD ad then selected-no problems ever.

Nothing funny about it. Highly doubtful you have the EXACT same hardware setup, software setup, player and disc version. Just because yours plays fine doesn't mean other will. It also doesn't negate the fact that blu-rays arent meant to be played in file mode. For starters not all discs have 1 big m2ts file, and even if they do playing the main m2ts file can have numerous unwanted side-effects like not playing the hd audio and defaulting to a different audio language, defaulting to the directors commentary, no audio at all, no subs... All that audio / sub language identifying info is contained within the other files of the blu-ray structure.

OK, maybe I was doing it wrong but given there is no documentation as to what to do and what not to do, it makes it difficult. So I ripped the different titles to MKV's and they still stutter.

Nothing funny about it. Highly doubtful you have the EXACT same hardware setup, software setup, player and disc version. Just because yours plays fine doesn't mean other will. It also doesn't negate the fact that blu-rays arent meant to be played in file mode. For starters not all discs have 1 big m2ts file, and even if they do playing the main m2ts file can have numerous unwanted side-effects like not playing the hd audio and defaulting to a different audio language, defaulting to the directors commentary, no audio at all, no subs... All that audio / sub language identifying info is contained within the other files of the blu-ray structure.

That's not entirely true. BDs have a lot of redundant information - actually an m2ts contains all the required information and should really play all by itself (the PMT contains a list of all streams, including audio types and languages, so no, full disc is not really required).
Main features spanning over multiple clips - yes, these can't be played in a useful manner without the complete information.

That said - commercial Blu-ray players do handle individual m2ts files differently. Not for "can't" reasons but for reasons we don't know.
Stuttering in most cases seems to be related - somehow - to audio tracks. HD audio in individual m2ts files seems problematic.

But that's not really the point here

I am testing out CloneBD. I have always used MakeMKV in the past and wanted to see what the differences were. I did a 1:1 copy of a Dr.No bluray in Clone BD. When I run the main .m2ts file in MPC-HC the video stutters in the sense that it speeds up at random points and then runs normally. It keeps doing this. When I run the same bluray ripped to an .mkv with Make MKV it works perfectly. Looking at the two files in MediaInfo, they seem pretty much identical. Is there something I am missing with how to use CloneBD?

What version of CloneBD was that and do you see the same effect with other titles?

I am using 1.0.7.2. I tried another bluray. Worked fine from MakeMKV. Wouldn't even play with the MKV from CloneBD. I think I will come back in a few months and see what this product is like then.

Thanks for the help.

Back