• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Greatly improved transcoding speed with Windows 10

gameowl

I quite sure I know how this happened. I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Take note my Windows 7 install was from 2010, and was greatly bogged down and desperate need for a format of my hard drive.

Transcoding a movie in Windows 7 with the current newest version of CloneBD on my AMD FX 8350 eight core CPU at 4GHz per core with 8GB DDR3 RAM took 2 hours and 34 minutes usually. With same hardware just only different was Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a clean install, same movie took only 1 hour and 34 minutes (that's with 6x bluray burn speed to bluray disc).

I'm very happy, and when I get bluray media that once again supports 12x write speeds the media will burn a bluray in 7 minutes time. Three things I could do to speed up bluray transcoding is get faster frequency RAM for transcoding faster, copy a movie on a Corsair Neutron XT SSD drive at SATA 3 speeds, or even a SSD (Solid State Drive) connected to a PCI Express 16x Port that's actually way faster then SATA 3 and Windows 10 supports it the new data transfer standard for it. And next year I'm buying a MSI GeForce 980TI GTX 6GB video card, when CloneBD supports nVidia CUDA core usage to speed up transcoding and wlll store transcoding data in the video RAM as it transcodes it, it will greatly speed up transcoding time. But for now I'm very happy with the way things are going.

Don't be surprised if the discs start to fail fairly quickly. Burning discs at faster than their rated speed decreases the quality of the burn and makes them prone to a shorter shelf life. All the discs I've burnt at over speed have failed quicker than discs written at the rated speed or slower.

I am not sure that I wanted it to go faster. I just had a read error on Dying of The Light at 80%. I re-did it and it completed in under 18 minutes. I was doing partial copy to iso file on hd. I don't burn to disk. I store all on my nas and watch via Kodi. Before the latest version it used to take about 30 minutes to do a partial to iso. The frame rate was as high as 280ps with the average at around 220ps. I don't think my reader was happy with this speed as it failed at 80% with read errors. I did not do anything to the disk, just retried it and it worked. So the only thing I can suspect is the faster processing read speed. I could not find anywhere to slow down the process, so it just goes as fast as the system in capable of going.

The reader doesn't care what speed it reads at, that can't cause read errors. A defective disc can. The ripping to HDD first. If the anydvd encounters read errors it's most likely a defective disc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

To expand on what Ch3vr0n was saying, the encoder will only go as fast as it can be fed information, so if the disc has a problem being read the drive will then slow down to try and read the disc and the encoding will slow down accordingly., that's why there are no options to slow down the encoding as there's no need for it.
Sounds more like you have a borderline faulty or dirty disc

To expand on what Ch3vr0n was saying, the encoder will only go as fast as it can be fed information, so if the disc has a problem being read the drive will then slow down to try and read the disc and the encoding will slow down accordingly., that's why there are no options to slow down the encoding as there's no need for it.
Sounds more like you have a borderline faulty or dirty disc
Every time I have encountered an error in the verify stage, I have noted a smudge or fingerprint on the cloned disc. If I clean that off and re-verify the disk, it check 100%.

The highest burn speed for blu-ray should be X6 so you don't get burn errs (n)

Nonsense, I burn my verbatim's at x16! 0 burn errors and they still play fine after years. The key is using quality brand blanks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back