• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

National Geographic discs

tege

Im having problems with about 40 discs from Nat Geo. They all seem to be doing the same thing. I put the disc in, scans it, Rip to hard drive, starts the process, and says its repairing defective structure.

When it gets to 100% on the repair it then throw up a strange error: Common 0 57 4 .

Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?

I've attached the log file.

-Tommy

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.2.0_Info_F_THE_CLOCKSHOP.zip
    112.6 KB · Views: 2
Are the NatGeo disks pressed DVDs, or burned? If they are the newer "on demand" DVDs of older VHS programs then it requires a bit more work getting the buggers backed up.

Update to the latest Anydvd version.

Your using 7.1.2.0 latest release is 7.6.5.0

Same results. Get the same error dlg after it tries to repair the disc structure. Common 0 57 4

I looked through the logs but can tell what is causing this error. The copy protection is the TOC structural copy protection but it seems to have an issue figuring it out.

Anyone know what that dialog means?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.5.0_Info_E_CROC_GANGLANDS.ziplog
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Same results. Get the same error dlg after it tries to repair the disc structure. Common 0 57 4

I looked through the logs but can tell what is causing this error. The copy protection is the TOC structural copy protection but it seems to have an issue figuring it out.

Please try the latest AnyDVD beta and set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.

Why is this disc on a recordable medium?
Code:
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1

Wow. Your right. It is a DVD-R. I've tried the Beta and Version 7.6.7.0 and get the same error.

So does that mean I cant rip it?

I am having the same problem with two National Geographic discs. I am running the latest version os AnyDVD. They are also DVD-R. Here are the log files.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.7.0_Info_E_WITNESS_DC_911.ziplog
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Here is the other one.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.7.0_Info_E_WITNESS_KATRINA.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
I attempted it with the latest release 7.6.8.0 and it did the same thing. Can anybody offer any suggestions?

I attempted it with the latest release 7.6.8.0 and it did the same thing. Can anybody offer any suggestions?
James said in his reply to
"and set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc."
No one has mentioned whether they did this, just said they used the newest beta or release.

Yes. I did that as well. It didn't make a difference.

I'm assuming that AnyDVD doesn't rip DVD-R s because no one got back to me after my last question. If there is a way then someone would have posted something.

I did finally get these to rip but I didn't use AnyDVD.

The one I had the hardest time with was Expedition Great White. That disc pretty much killed everything that tried to rip it and if you did manage to get a rip it would usually freeze at the same spot every time.

Anydvd doesn't care if the source is a DVD-rom, dvd-R, dvd+r or a double layer. The only thing that matters if the disc is in good shape so all sectors can be read.

Sorry, I tried the set AI scanner to always enabled and it made no difference. I attempted to rip with another program but was unsuccessful. The other program said something about bad bup files. The structure was weird. There were 99 versions of the files on the disc. This must be the type of copy protection.

I have ordered some of these disc to check it out.

Does the disc play on your PC from the Asus drive? I have received my "Croc Ganglands" on-demand disc and it copies with AnyDVD 7.6.8.0 without a hitch.
My disc isCSS encryption, I suspect your Asus drive doesn't detect CSS on DVD-R media.

Back