• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Blu Rays must be completely clean and dust free

Well I dont want to spray things Im a shut in and dont get lots of the blue cloths . My lady was over watching me clean a disc it was fairly dirty I couldnt find a thing and she said "try my underwear its Micro-Fiber" well it completely cleaned it de mag so I saw at a place a big box store online ,they sold micro-fiber cloths in perfect little plastic holder this one has lasted maybe a week ,since I was hesitant on how to clean it I thought I would mention the Micro-Fiber cloth
rsdno

Actually the Microfiber demagnetized or at least kept dust from coming back ,I just tried those M-BluRay Discs with the 1000 year warranty more expensive but the 3 I got gave a good burn stays clean ,it needs an M Support Blu Ray Burner

Last edited:
I prefer diluted Windex and cotton cloth followed with a quick blast of dry air to remove any residual fibers. Old underwear works well as long as it's clean. :)

Kind of like fast eddie and Roycal, I use the old Windex formula (not the non-run or others), with about 10% ethyl alcohol (Everclear) added (don't use rubbing alcohol or drug store products as they contain lubricants), which enhances the formula's oil cutting ability (read: fingerprints). I clean with a Kleenex type tissue and then blast with filtered compressed air to remove tissue particles. Note: some tissue products contain slight amounts of lotion - don't use these!

No need to baby them. They are waterproof. Run them under running cool water, using a little dish soap and dry with a microfiber towel. Don't use paper towels, those are abrasive. Blu-ray discs are scratch resistant too, way better than DVDs.

Milleniata makes the Thousand year "M-Disc" your player needs to support it but the under $80 Samsung does they work beautifully but pricey
I really like the way Sly F handles things so it may be possible

LG makes an M-disc compatible deck for about $60US. The LG WH16NS40 is an external SATA deck and is available on Amazon. For a low price deck, it's had some good recommendations here and elsewhere.
I read some field tests of the M-discs and they're pretty tough though I wouldn't vouch for the read surface which is really the weak point when it comes to loosing data with the M-disc. 1000 years is an impossible claim to prove but accelerated tests places them well over 100 years for data longevity (if the're reasonably protected otherwise).
Even M-discs are susceptible to finger prints though, so the cleaning techniques previously mentioned are worthwhile to know.

No need to baby them. They are waterproof. Run them under running cool water, using a little dish soap and dry with a microfiber towel. Don't use paper towels, those are abrasive. Blu-ray discs are scratch resistant too, way better than DVDs.
This is what I've done for thirty years. First with CDs, then DVDs, then BDs. It has always worked great.

This is what I've done for thirty years. First with CDs, then DVDs, then BDs. It has always worked great.
I would agree with that, I have been using warm water and a little soap (from whatever bar is in the wash room) and dry off with a soft toilet tissue. Been using the same system for at least 10 years without any problems.

Scratches are a slightly different problem, I have a machine from Maplin with abrasive pads and polishing pads. This has worked on about 9-10 disks. The only time it has failed is when the disk has very deep scratches, but he-ho what was there to lose.

Back