• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I think cinavia protection never got hacked/cracked.

Oppo 103 and 105 models have a CUSTOM firmware available which is NOT FREE which does NOT enforce Cinavia, even on copied discs.

It is Chinese produced and was available for purchase on eBay. It looks like all listings have been removed. Very sad. So I don't know where you can currently get it.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear... when I said "custom firmware" obviously this would not mean the factory / Oppo firmare from the Oppo website or from updating via device! :p

If you're starting from scratch, the best work around for Cinavia is a $300USD HTPC with HDMI, PDVD and AnyDVDHD. Long term, if the BD Drive fails, it's easily replaced for less than $100USD.

One question I have, if your AnyDVDHD license expires, will it still keep working to block Cinavia detection with PDVD?

Is there any new media player that doesn't support the cinavia protection so i can play any bd-iso file with full menu support?

New, no. Any new licensed player is required by the standard to detect it. The only new ones that are not required to detect it are unlicensed ones and those usually don't have full menu support.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Is there any new media player that doesn't support the cinavia protection so i can play any bd-iso file with full menu support?
Android TV box with Kodi, but full menu is a hit or miss it is like 50/50, you can still play the main movie though if the menu is not possible.

MPlayer for Linux or Windows does not make use of cinavia, can play from mounted iso file (H: for example). Blu-ray run much better than VLC on my computer.
It cannot use bluray Menus!
It can use several CPU cores. (brings much performance boost on older Multicore CPUs (e.g from 2008)
...\mplayer.exe br:// -bluray-device "H:" -lavdopts threads=2
Changing language on movie (while running) with # on keyboard

http://mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html

Last edited:
That's because it's the same as with any other unlicensed player. It's unlicensed and as such doesn't have full menu support and isn't required to detect it. In that regard is no different from any other unlicensed player that exists

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

The only solution for a "media player" to have the full capabilities of a standalone player is a Windows based HTPC with compliant HD hardware and connections. You need a legal software BD-Player like PDVD and you still need AnyDVDHD to disable Cinavia. There are very inexpensive solutions these days that will work but expect to spend around $400USD and not $40USD.

Unfortunately AnyDVDHD only works with Windows so far and won't work with the android based media players so cheap and readily available today. .. At least not yet :).

BTW, it might be possible to buy a cheap media player and install windows on it. You would have to review the specs to determine if it's possible but worth looking at on a shoe string budget. Just don't hold your breath waiting for Slysoft to release AnyDVDHD for Android. :)

Last edited:
Well, if you've got a computer already why not use it to play videos?

I hate PowerDVD as it runs serveral processes in Windows. Is there any option to disable that?
At least performance on PowerDVD is good.
Tried playing BDs with VLC. But performance here was slow.
It's nerving to install newer PowerDVD for newer BD movies. Same with Standalone Blu-ray Player to update firmware to support new keys.
What if they change it in firmware to block later with cinavia older movies. You can read about that in the internet.
I hope the "Oppo 93/95" and the Oppo 103/105 are not effected and other good ones :)

I hate PowerDVD as it runs serveral processes in Windows. Is there any option to disable that?
It's nerving to install newer PowerDVD for newer BD movies. Same with Standalone Blu-ray Player to update firmware to support new keys.
What if they change it in firmware to block later with cinavia older movies. You can read about that in the internet.
I hope the "Oppo 93/95" and the Oppo 103/105 are not effected and other good ones :)

A search on the internet showed me a few months back how to disable PowerDVD from starting up automatically, like this way to disable PowerDVD 13 in this link here.

Also, I use Task Manager, and then go to the Startup tab, and then look for the services used by PowerDVD, and then click disable. You might have to reboot your machine to make sure that this works all the way through.

Please note that I have purchased copies of PowerDVD 10 Ultra, and PowerDVD 12-15 Ultra, and I have successfully set them up to not auto start on my Windows 8.1 Pro PC.

Good luck.

I have an HP stream mini, spent about $350.00 on the computer, memory and SSD upgrades. Already had a cheap second monitor. Spent about another $100USD on PDVD ultra.
Works great as a standalone media center with minimal multitasking (i.e that's all I use it for). Does everything and Cinavia immune. Only problem is that the true 3D doesn't work which is not a big deal for me. You might have to spend another $100 on a mini PC with 3D or 4K graphics. But the audio and video at 1080P are just as clean as from a standalone. Passes all audio/video to the receiver via HDMI with no problems. Menus all work fine too.

BTW: The limitation on the HP Stream Mini's "True 3D" capability is limited by the frame rate. Full definition 3D requires 120Hz frame rate and the Stream mini is limited to 60Hz or less. But it is possible to convert the video to side by side 3D and stream it that way. Easier to buy a pc with true 3D graphics if you want that to work too. Look for the frame rate when they claim "3D" compatible.

Also, after only about a year on the market, the HP stream MIni 200 was discontinued by HP for some reason but still available on Amazon at an inflated price if you don't mind not having true 3D or 4K. I paid $179USD for the base package before it was discontinued and paid $150+ to increase the memory and SSD capacity myself manually. There are great step by step guides by some reviewers on Amazon for this specific PC. But it does not perform "out of the box" without the upgrades.

My advice to anyone would be to shop around before you buy and just make sure it's Windows compatible. :)

Last edited:
I have an HP stream mini, spent about $350.00 on the computer, memory and SSD upgrades. Already had a cheap second monitor. Spent about another $100USD on PDVD ultra.
Works great as a standalone media center with minimal multitasking (i.e that's all I use it for). Does everything and Cinavia immune. Only problem is that the true 3D doesn't work which is not a big deal for me. You might have to spend another $100 on a mini PC with 3D or 4K graphics. But the audio and video at 1080P are just as clean as from a standalone. Passes all audio/video to the receiver via HDMI with no problems. Menus all work fine too.

BTW: The limitation on the HP Stream Mini's "True 3D" capability is limited by the frame rate. Full definition 3D requires 120Hz frame rate and the Stream mini is limited to 60Hz or less. But it is possible to convert the video to side by side 3D and stream it that way. Easier to buy a pc with true 3D graphics if you want that to work too. Look for the frame rate when they claim "3D" compatible.

Roycal, I assume that you bought the version of PowerDVD Ultra that was available when I mentioned it to you in private conversation back in September??

If so, I'm glad that you managed to pick up a copy of it.

Best regards...

Roycal, I assume that you bought the version of PowerDVD Ultra that was available when I mentioned it to you in private conversation back in September??

If so, I'm glad that you managed to pick up a copy of it.

Best regards...

I actually broke down and finally bought Power DVD just about a week ago now after finally giving up on all the "free" methods. It works perfect! :)
So much grief over saving $100USD lol. Free software players do not work. Legal Software player is a minimum requirement to a seamless experience. Power DVD does that best AFAIK.

BTW I got the whole latest PDVD package for less than $100USD. Anyone who wants to buy PDVD, wait for a sale, or if you are wealthy feel free to pay the full price to get it now :).

Last edited:
I actually broke down and finally bought Power DVD just about a week ago now after finally giving up on all the "free" methods. It works perfect! :)
So much grief over saving $100USD lol. Free software players do not work. Legal Software player is a minimum requirement to a seamless experience. Power DVD does that best AFAIK.

BTW I got the whole latest PDVD package for less than $100USD. Anyone who wants to buy PDVD, wait for a sale, or if you are wealthy feel free to pay the full price to get it now :).

Yeah, the savings you get going the legit route is enormous. Don't have to worry whether your player will work on the latest blu-ray/DVD and what not.

:)

Even better, with AnyDVD HD, no Cinavia to worry about at all.

Regards....

Yes, and there are much better mini HTPC's on the market than the HP Stream Mini now. The Intels look exciting. I was thinking about buying a new Intel mini and turning the HP Stream Mini into a a security camera system :).

BTW, you can't do that with an old BD/DVD stand alone player that no longer meets new desired specifications. Or meets the new undesired specifications....:)

All you guys with a hoard of old "pre-Cinavia immune" standalone players, it's not needed. You should sell them on Ebay while you can.

Last edited:
On this Cinavia topic, I do have one question about how AnyDVDHD actually detects Cinavia. My belief is that AnyDVDHD does not actually detect the presence of Cinavia. It only detects the players ability to detect Cinavia and turns off the players ability to detect Cinavia.

Is that correct, anyone?

That's correct anydvd doesn't detect the signal itself, as the setting states 'prevent cinavia detection by software player', it detects if the SOFTWARE PLAYER is actively LOOKING for the signal, if it is it prevents patches the player to not detect it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I thought that was the case as the Fox icon turns violet no matter if Cinavia is present or not. And it does work perfect! :)

The other question I have is "Does CloneBD detect the actual Cinavia signal on the audio or does it just apply the AnyDVDHD Cinavia fix to whatever audio is selected?"
TIA :)

PS: I still believe that using AnyDVDHD in combo with a windows media HTPC is the best solution versus any known methods of removing or obscuring the Cinavia from the original audio.

Last edited:
The CloneBD title preview does detect the signal, but CloneBD itself is NOT capable of removing the signal. Adding such capabilities to the product would endanger sales (legality stuff) in some countries. The title preview only detects and warns about its presense, that's all it can do and ever will do. The signal removal itself is actually applied by AnyDVD! (Hence the bottom setting in AnyDVD's program settings). If Anydvd is running and you have selected in Anydvd to remove cinavia, then if in CloneBD you select to downscale the audio to AC3, Anydvd "hooks" into CloneBD and applies the fix. CloneBD doesn't know (and doesn't care) this is happening and chugs along as if nothing is happening.

When the fix is being applied, you'll see that same fox icon turn purple during CloneBD processing as well :)

Back