• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dogtanian - Cloned iso missing Chapters

Jontia

I'm backing up my new Dogtanian DVDs.
The Volume 4 DVD's log file is attached.

AnyDVD seems to deal with it normally, I can open the DVD with CloneDVD and create the ISO.
The Clone DVD details show a main title track 2:23 mins long with 11 chapters.
Once the iso has been created handbrake only shows a 24min long title with 2 chapters.

The discs were new in the shrink a couple of days ago and went straight to clone before a DVD player, though I have checked the disc now and it appears to be fine.

Full Disc Title : The complete Adventures of Dogtanian - Collectors Set - Vol 4.
It's a region 2 UK Origin dvd

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.1.0_Info_E_DVDVolume.ziplog
    87.6 KB · Views: 2
Did you try to play the original to see if it was working correctly? That would be the first thing to do before backing up media.

Yes, I've tried it in a dvd player and it all works quite happily. The 11 chapters correspond to the 11 selectable episodes (actually 6 episodes and 5 previews) on the disc.

Yes, I've tried it in a dvd player and it all works quite happily. The 11 chapters correspond to the 11 selectable episodes (actually 6 episodes and 5 previews) on the disc.

I've been looking at this again, and the iso file itself doesn't seem to be complete. Video total is 1:43 instead of 2:23 and there's no sound. Again, the DVD works perfectly in a machine and doesn't throw any errors I can see during copying.

Anyone have anything else I can try, at least to find out why it's a problem?

I have the same problem with volume 4 of Dogtanian - and with volume 5 of Around the World with Willy Fog, actually. Both play fine on a DVD player (e.g. VLC), showing >2h of playing time for title 1, but both show only the first 2 chapters when presented to Handbrake (on Mac, Linux and Windows) or any other ripping software I've tried (the old, free Mac the Ripper as well as MDRP and Freemake). The ISO I have created from the DVD definitely contains the whole of title 1 (I've mounted and played the ISO on VLC), but none of the rippers seems to be able to see the whole thing.

If the iso structure is the same as the original, cloneDVD can detect everything correctly and decryption was correctly done, then its not a CloneDVD problem but one of your 3rd party rippers

Talking of third party rippers, the first one i ever purchased was the "other Clonedvd" program. A pecularity i have noticed on many DVD's over the years is that it handles "Serial" DVD's better than other rippers. No idea why, but on a number of occosions when both ***Fab and AnyDVD failed to back them up correctly the "other CloneDVD" worked flawlessly.

Can't say i have had occosion to check this is still the case the past few years but it certainly was true for a number of TV serials.

Does make one wonder why that should be the case?

I actually cloned my DVD using the Linux dd command - worked really well!

And I made some excellent progress on the Dogtanian disk today too! I discovered MakeMKV which is free and works on WIndows and Mac (and Linux, but via their forum pages for some reason). Anyway, when I present my DVD/ISO/clone to MakeMKV, it does some scanning and finds all the titles. It then exports them at (I'm pretty sure) full DVD resolution to .mkv files which can be played on various things (e.g. VLC). I then passed those to Handbrake to create an .mp4 version of each episode. I haven't watched them all the way through yet (my boys and I have only recently started working our way through the series!) but it certainly appears that everything is present and correct. Anyway, if all else fails, this is another possible route to backing up or ripping your DVDs.

Thanks @rmwiseman, that seems to have done the trick MakeMKV has picked up all the chapters, which CloneDVD still refuses to do :)
Handbrake is running through them now, so hopefully that's the whole of Dogtanian done and dusted.

So, Willy Fog or Mysterious Cities of Gold next?

@Ch3vr0n - My problem seemed to be that the iso structure was not the same. Chapters were missing, CloneDVD picked up the presence of 11 chapters when displaying the properties, but the iso output didn't reflect this. Although it looks like rmwiseman had a different problem, fortunately the same solution worked for us both.

Back