• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Low Cost Media Server

Crower

First, let me say I'm in no way associated with this dealer though I have purchased from them in the past, and this isn't intended as spam.

That said, I thought some here might be interested in this fairly cheap media server which attaches to a hard drive. What caught my attention is that it plays ISOs. I didn't see anything mentioned about 3D support however, nor does it appear to support HD audio directly. It's no doubt a China import, but might be worth a try for those on a budget who want to have a server based entertainment system.

I think I might give it a go since I have an extensive audio collection on a compact hard drive and would like to have it accessible, a click of the remote away. If I do, I'll report back.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=BV-3100&utm_campaign=email_Flash_BV-3100&utm_medium=email&utm_source=inhouse&location=01

Last edited:
First, let me say I'm in no way associated with this dealer though I have purchased from them in the past, and this isn't intended as spam.

That said, I thought some here might be interested in this fairly cheap media server which attaches to a hard drive. What caught my attention is that it plays ISOs. I didn't see anything mentioned about 3D support however. It's no doubt a China import, but might be worth a try for those on a budget who want to have a server based entertainment system.

I think I might give it a go since I have an extensive audio collection on a compact hard drive and would like to have it accessible, a click of the remote away. If I do, I'll report back.

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...m_medium=email&utm_source=inhouse&location=01
You might have a better shot on Ebay. Selling anything on this forum is not what we do, especially when links are posted.

You might have a better shot on Ebay. Selling anything on this forum is not what we do, especially when links are posted.

Sorry about that. In a lot of the forums I frequent, readers are interested in new products and without a link, it's a bit hard for them to check out if they are interested. Those forums actually have topic areas for items of interest. I didn't know that this forum restricted news about such things.

As I mentioned, I'm not in any way associated with the maker or seller of the device, and this WASN'T a "sales pitch". I'm one of the regular forum users here and just wanted to pass along some information about something I came across (since I noticed a fair amount of chatter about playing ISO files in some of the threads). In the future, I'll be more secretive about anything I think might interest SlySoft forum users, particularly when the forum section deals with that topic. My apologies.

Last edited:
Just to report back. I've been trying to decide to make a buy on this product, so I sent the distributor (Solid Signal) an e-mail asking some questions about it (how does it connect to the hard drive - USB 2.0 or 3.0, what do they mean by audio pass through for HD audio, etc.). The distributor (they didn't have any of the information I was looking for) referred me to the manufacture, and I went to the Bright View site. Their main page didn't even show the BV3100, nor did it have any link. I used the "Contact Us" button, and submitted the same questions. It's been over a week now, and I haven't heard anything back, so any enthusiasm I had for the product is fading with this kind of customer support. I'll add an addenda to this post if I get any more information or if I go ahead and buy one for testing.

There are a lot options in that market - I prefer products where specs not only display media supported but also hardware/memory/processor and of course Operating Systems.

It`s hard to beat an android media player with Kodi running on it.

I agree that a product without specifications is questionable (or even worthless), hence my inquiry to the company that makes this product. So far, no reply either from their tech or customer support so I'm about to write the BV off. However, a few people do have good things to say on the Amazon site where the product is listed and reviewed, so I might still "test drive" this product in the future if the discounted price is still available if and when I decide to do that (if I do, I'll give a report of my findings). All I can say at this point is the customer support for this product is non-existent.

Does anyone know if this unit, along with Kodi/Plex, or whatever, might work well, or is it too underpowered for BluRay decoding?

It's doesn't seem the most powerful, but it should handle Blu-ray playback with Kodi fine.
I'd recommend taking a look on the Kodi forum, they have a hardware section, you might get better feedback/more users that may have experience with Kodi and similar hardware specs :)

Back