• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

OLED LARGE SCREEN TV SETS

antipodes

I am considering upgrading my tv to a full high definition. I was about to decide on the LG 65 inch set when I noticed in a review(CNET) that the screen was not 1060 capable. Have any forum readers had any experience with OLED screens which are not full definition and describe the difference between that and a 4K full definition set. I realise that I will have to do my own research but I would appreciate feedback. The LG set is also 4K capable.

What model LG set are you referring too? The EG9600?
All LG OLED TV's are capable of "Full HD" (1920x1080) and some (like the EG9600) support Ultra HD (3840 x 2160).

Perhaps you are referring to HDR content (high dynamic range) which the current LG OLED models don't support over HDMI.

New models have just been announced by LG (EF9500) and will support HDR content over HDMI.
Maybe worth waiting for those :)

All LG OLED TV's are capable of "Full HD" (1920x1080) and some (like the EG9600) support Ultra HD (3840 x 2160).

Perhaps you are referring to HDR content (high dynamic range) which the current LG OLED models don't support over HDMI.

New models have just been announced by LG (EF9500) and will support HDR content over HDMI.
Thanks ddjmagic
I was considering purchasing the EG9600 but when I read the review in CNET it specifically said that the model did not support 1080 this confused me as I had assumed that 1080 was axiomatic for full high definition but your reference to HDR is probably the correct context. I will make further inquiries about the EF9500. thanks again.

4K is overrated at the moment give it a couple of years to mature and drop in price.
Very few media pushes true 4K anyway.

Hi antipodes

How did you get on with the Laurel & Hardie Dvd's quality wise???
I have only just placed the order. When I first posted I was in Europe and did not return home until 18 August. I will give you feed back in the first week of October.

Thanks ddjmagic
I was considering purchasing the EG9600 but when I read the review in CNET it specifically said that the model did not support 1080 this confused me as I had assumed that 1080 was axiomatic for full high definition but your reference to HDR is probably the correct context. I will make further inquiries about the EF9500. thanks again.
Thanks mister for this information. I agree with you.

Nice information. I'm surprised.

Back