• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trace Amounts

Gary172

It seems I might be having the same issue as previously reported on 23-May-2015. AnyDVD reports disc is not protected, but I get a pop-window "AnyDVDRipper CloneMap1" when trying to do a backup.
Without AnyDVD running, using WinXP explore, the properties of files VTS_01_1.VOB and _2.VOB are 'hidden'.
Bar code is 8 18522 01217 9. Interestingly, on the front cover, it says "DVD MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL DVD PLAYERS". It plays with my OPPO 93 and Media Player Classic.
Later 2day or 2morow I am going to try the 'Roadkil' solution as previously reported.

Kind of an interesting protection, whether or not the disc is 'DVD compliant', it appears to be effective.

Kind Regards, Gary

P.S. DVD Decrypter and Shrink can't deal with 'hidden' files as well.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.0.9_Info_D__TRACE_AMOUNTS.ziplog
    76.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
It seems I might be having the same issue as previously reported on 23-May-2015. AnyDVD reports disc is not protected, but I get a pop-window "AnyDVDRipper CloneMap1" when trying to do a backup.
Without AnyDVD running, using WinXP explore, the properties of files VTS_01_1.VOB and _2.VOB are 'hidden'.
Bar code is 8 18522 01217 9. Interestingly, on the front cover, it says "DVD MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH ALL DVD PLAYERS". It plays with my OPPO 93 and Media Player Classic.
Later 2day or 2morow I am going to try the 'Roadkil' solution as previously reported.

Kind of an interesting protection, whether or not the disc is 'DVD compliant', it appears to be effective.

Kind Regards, Gary

P.S. DVD Decrypter and Shrink can't deal with 'hidden' files as well.
Please try to set AI scanner to "always enabled".

Set AI to 'always enabled'. Backup started but stopped after about 20 seconds or so. Got window "AnyDVD Ripper, PS18".
Attached a new log.

Attachments

• AI_enabled_AnyDVD_7.6.0.9_Info_D__TRACE_AMOUNTS.ziplog
    74.4 KB · Views: 2
Set AI to 'always enabled'. Backup started but stopped after about 20 seconds or so. Got window "AnyDVD Ripper, PS18".
Attached a new log.

A PS18 error indicates a CSS protected sector, which is very odd for a disc which claims to have no CSS protection.

Where can I order this disc? Do you have an Amazon link?

I WAS able to copy the two offending files, via Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier. The other files I copied via drag/drop. Movie seems to play fine from my hard drive. Converting to mkv via Handbrake now, to use with my Plex server. Hope that helps he person who initially started this post.

Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier

Last edited:
Roadkil - Standalone or Installer version

Which one do I use?

Regards

Roadkil Unstoppable copier

Got a reply from Roadkil: "The installer version installs the program to your computer and adds an icon.. the other version just runs the program without needing to install it so you can put it on a USB drive etc and run it on any computer".

OK, i used the standalone (run time) version, everything worked as advertised. Used ImgBurn to generate an ISO file which plays just fine on my '93.

I could be wrong, but I think the resulting files are still not DVD compliant because Shrink (yes I know the DVD is less than 4Gb) nor VOB blanker will open the DVD file (Hard Drive) version.

Never-the-less I made a good backup copy. Kind Regards

Any Update on Trace Amounts

A PS18 error indicates a CSS protected sector, which is very odd for a disc which claims to have no CSS protection.

Where can I order this disc? Do you have an Amazon link?

Hi James - Have you been able to test Trace Amounts? I received my copy this week and I am experiencing all of the same issues called out in this thread. Thanks!

Back