• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A small problem regarding compression

Humphammer

I decided to give CloneBD a whirl today after about three months of non-use. I made a backup of Exodus Gods and Kings feature only. Everything went smooth and the movie plays flawlessly until the last 10 seconds of the movie and then it quits just like it ran out of space. I did notice that when it was compressing it took it from 39GB down to 24.41. It seems like BDrebuilder always compressed to 23.5 GB. Does Clone BD automatically set the size when compressing or is that something the user has to do?

I decided to give CloneBD a whirl today after about three months of non-use. I made a backup of Exodus Gods and Kings feature only. Everything went smooth and the movie plays flawlessly until the last 10 seconds of the movie and then it quits just like it ran out of space. I did notice that when it was compressing it took it from 39GB down to 24.41. It seems like BDrebuilder always compressed to 23.5 GB. Does Clone BD automatically set the size when compressing or is that something the user has to do?

It is hard to tell, what happened, I also don't fully understand what you are saying.
And about compression: that depends very much on what you are doing and what you are converting to etc...
A log file would help, in case you want to retry.

Pressing the Alt-key on the completion page will show the "log file" buttons.

OK Pete here is what I am saying

It is hard to tell, what happened, I also don't fully understand what you are saying.
And about compression: that depends very much on what you are doing and what you are converting to etc...
A log file would help, in case you want to retry.

Pressing the Alt-key on the completion page will show the "log file" buttons.

I made an ISO of Exodus Gods and Kings with AnyDVDHD. I then used CloneBD to compress it from 39GB and burn onto a 25GB blank. I wanted a copy of just the feature. CloneBD did so and said it resized it from 39GB to 24.14GB. There were no errors and CloneBD completed the job in about three hours. When the disc was ready I put it in a stand alone BD player and went quickly through about 10 seconds of each chapter to make sure it was successful. I saw no problems so I deleted my ISO and saw no reason to keep a log. However when I watched the movie in it's entirety it played flawlessly until about 10 seconds remained in the movie and then it acted just as though I had pressed stop on the remote. The screen went blank and the last 10 seconds or so of the movie as well as the closing credits were gone. So my question is does CloneBD automatically resize to fit a 25GB disc or is there an option to possibly reduce the size manually to say 23.5 GB instead of the 24.14GB CloneBD chose to better fit a 25GB disc?

Last edited:
Exodus compressed to 23.4 GB

I made an ISO of Exodus Gods and Kings with AnyDVDHD. I then used CloneBD to compress it from 39GB and burn onto a 25GB blank. I wanted a copy of just the feature. CloneBD did so and said it resized it from 39GB to 24.14GB. There were no errors and CloneBD completed the job in about three hours. When the disc was ready I put it in a stand alone BD player and went quickly through about 10 seconds of each chapter to make sure it was successful. I saw no problems so I deleted my ISO and saw no reason to keep a log. However when I watched the movie in it's entirety it played flawlessly until about 10 seconds remained in the movie and then it acted just as though I had pressed stop on the remote. The screen went blank and the last 10 seconds or so of the movie as well as the closing credits were gone. So my question is does CloneBD automatically resize to fit a 25GB disc or is there an option to possibly reduce the size manually to say 23.5 GB instead of the 24.14GB CloneBD chose to better fit a 25GB disc?

Hump - last night I did the same as you, and the compressed size turned out to 23.4+ gigs. Now, I did use the AC3 sound conversion. Skipped through the scenes all the way to the ending credits, and all seems to be fine. Video quality seems very good for burning a 2 hr. 40+ min.(?) movie onto a 25 GB disk (Verbatim). Like I said, I haven't watched the movie yet, just skipped through the scenes, playing a few seconds of each scene. I used the latest CloneBD v.1.0.4.2. Hope this info sheds a little bit of light.

Oh, FWIW, I used CloneBD to create the ISO, and I used ImgBurn to burn the disk.

- Bill

Well I did the same Bill

Hump - last night I did the same as you, and the compressed size turned out to 23.4+ gigs. Now, I did use the AC3 sound conversion. Skipped through the scenes all the way to the ending credits, and all seems to be fine. Video quality seems very good for burning a 2 hr. 40+ min.(?) movie onto a 25 GB disk (Verbatim). Like I said, I haven't watched the movie yet, just skipped through the scenes, playing a few seconds of each scene. I used the latest CloneBD v.1.0.4.2. Hope this info sheds a little bit of light.

Oh, FWIW, I used CloneBD to create the ISO, and I used ImgBurn to burn the disk.

- Bill

except I let CloneBD burn it. Odd that CloneBD compressed yours to 23.4 GB and mine to 24.14GB. I intend to keep it....the picture and sound was perfect just stopped with 10 seconds left in the movie....strange. Thanks for the reply.

I just made a backup

of the latest Hobbit movie and everything went well and the movie plays flawlessly all the way through. When CloneBD resized The Hobbit it compressed it to 23.89GB, and when resizing Exodus it was 24.14GB. I guess 23.89 will fit completely and 24.14 is a tick too large to fit on a 25GB blank and is why Exodus shut off with 10 seconds left in the movie. If that is the case it would be good to be able to manually be able to change the resizing if this were to happen again. If anyone knows if this is possible please inform me on how to do this.....thanks in advance.

Back