• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Removal Suggestion

My Life Is Tech

So I just heard the big news about SlySoft finally cracking Cinavia wide open! But from what I've read, there's still some noticeable audio degradation, but I'm sure SlySoft will work on fixing that. (I can also notice the quality difference, it's kind of an echoing effect. A little annoying, but to beat Cinavia, just might be worth it.) But I have a few suggestions and/or requests for the product and I hope they will be given some consideration. :clap:

1. Please add the ability to remove Cinavia from Cinavia infected DVDs as well. Some DVDs contain Cinavia and prevent playback in hardware and software based Blu-ray Player.

2. Please also add the ability to remove Cinavia from video files, i.e. MP4, MKV, WMV, etc.

3. When an HD Audio encoder with 7.1 surround sound comes around, please implement this into your product, I'd love to have the original nearly lossless, or better yet, completely lossless soundtrack.

4. If it ever becomes possible, please attempt to improve the audio quality of the Cinavia removal so that there is not as much of audio quality degradation.

Great job SlySoft! :clap: I hope you will continue working on your Cinavia removal method and keep improving it, we've been waiting a long time for this, thank you!

P.S. Also, in the future, could you possibly make some kind of device that can remove the HDCP 2.2 HDMI protection, and versions prior to?

Last edited:
You cannot notice anything from a 3 second audio file with no video. Wait until you try it yourself and then give us your opinion. Thankyou for your suggestions.

I downloaded the sample audio file which was in AC3 format, and I could tell the difference between the original track, and the Cinavia-free track right after it. The Cinavia-free track sounds like it has an echoing effect added to it whereas the original does not. I did not need to see a video to notice the audio change. I was using Windows Media Player with Media Player Codec Pack 4.3.6. I have an ASUS ROG G73JH so I should think I have pretty good speakers for a laptop. But at any rate, when the features are finally released to the public for Cinavia removal, then I will definitely be trying it. :agree: :clap:

You can download the version they used over at Myce, there's a link in the article

>> Adbear, True, however it is most likely not the final version, and is probably in beta testing, I think I'll wait until they release that version on the SlySoft site first. Maybe they'll also have added the ability to remove Cinavia from DVDs and video files by then as well.

>> Adbear, True, however it is most likely not the final version, and is probably in beta testing, I think I'll wait until they release that version on the SlySoft site first. Maybe they'll also have added the ability to remove Cinavia from DVDs and video files by then as well.
They also used a horrid sound bite.

>> SlyFox 1 384 Kbps is a bad bitrate? If bitrate is what you were referring to. Though if it's a 5.1 channel audio file I guess that could make sense. Though at the same time, I believe the average DVD has 5.1 channel surround and is 384 Kbps, except for some which is up in the 400s somewhere.

I'm testing it now with the losers. I'll report my findings.

The echo effect is definitely there. It is really noticeable with dialog. I listened to both conversions with Sennheiser HD 600 headphones.

The echo effect is definitely there. It is really noticeable with dialog. I listened to both conversions with Sennheiser HD 600 headphones.

This could definitely use some improvemen

Last edited by a moderator:
I made 2 mkvs of the same movie. (The Losers) 1 with the new civ feature enabled/disabled. The difference in audio is easily detected.
The version you are testing was just a download from Myce. A version will be posted here soon, test that please.:eek: Even with that version, I hope you are aware that its Dolby Digital 5.1 and your bass and treble should be adjusted for playback, that said, its only the first beta , give it a bit of time.

Last edited:
Sorry for my quick judgement on the software, and you are completely correct, it is only the first beta, so we should just be patient until the final version is released and test that one instead.

Actually you shouldn't wait until the final one is released, you need to test them all so they can perfect the fix to use in the final one ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

We have been testing it. http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/371243-Slysoft-has-released-their-solution-for-Cinavia-removal

Good first attempt. Waiting for the next.

I'd love to know how accurate jagabo's analysis is. :)
That's just another thread that links the same MYCE article.
From what I understand, AnyDVDHD still needs to release an update that hasn't happened yet. Wait for that before you guys rush to any kind of quality judgments based on the MYCE article samples.

IMHO Cinavia is a much bigger problem than the debates about audio quality between DTS and AC3 and if this Cinavia fix works it's huge.

Last edited:
Back