• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Quality"

grumpg

Hi...rookie here!
I recently had to change operating systems and had to reinstall CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD.
Since then, I have noticed when after I load the disc and let it finish scanning... the quality has been hovering between 45-60%. I realize that I can eliminate the previews and subtitles but I like to rip the whole disc.
I also have the setting on DVD-5. Is that what I should keep it on?

I just thought most of the time 'before' after scanning I would be up in the green around 70%+

I also know that some movies are longer than others but it seems like most are in the lowere quality range for me now!
Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi...rookie here!
I recently had to change operating systems and had to reinstall CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD.
Since then, I have noticed when after I load the disc and let it finish scanning... the quality has been hovering between 45-60%. I realize that I can eliminate the previews and subtitles but I like to rip the whole disc.

I just thought most of the time 'before' after scanning I would be up in the green around 70%+

I also know that some movies are longer than others but it seems like most are in the lowere quality range for me now!
Any ideas?
Thanks

What I did when I use CloneDVD was going from DVD9 to DVD5 I just kept everything as is and the output quality is still viewable to watch. The only time compressing from DVD9 to DVD5 you will notice pixelalation is on large screen above 50 inch is where you might notice it but is you don't do that you most likely will not notice it. For myself I compress to fit on DVD5 with all the menu untouched.

DVD Quality

I have noticed that quite a number of movies are taking up more disk space, there was atime that if a movie was 1.75 hours are less it would always fit 100% on a 4.7DVD. certainly had movies recently of 1.5 hours that would not fit on a 4.7Gb at 100%.

May be they are increasing the bit rate as they once did on Superbit movies, improves the quality considerably (check out a Knight Tale and Godzilla (last remake not the new one), Vertical limit i think was another one.

That aside personally i use either Taiyo Yuden 4.7Gb or Verbatim dual layer, actual price difference negligable so if it will not fit on a 4.7Gb at 100% then go dual layer. If its worth backing up, back it up in quality.

Hi...rookie here!

Any ideas?
Thanks

You can split to two discs, e.g. Extras on one, movie on another. Check the manual.

What I did when I use CloneDVD was going from DVD9 to DVD5 I just kept everything as is and the output quality is still viewable to watch. The only time compressing from DVD9 to DVD5 you will notice pixelalation is on large screen above 50 inch is where you might notice it but is you don't do that you most likely will not notice it. For myself I compress to fit on DVD5 with all the menu untouched.

I'm not sure what you mean by DVD-9? I have mine set on DVD-5 in a pull down menu on the 2nd page when the program scans the disc.

I have noticed that quite a number of movies are taking up more disk space, there was atime that if a movie was 1.75 hours are less it would always fit 100% on a 4.7DVD. certainly had movies recently of 1.5 hours that would not fit on a 4.7Gb at 100%.

May be they are increasing the bit rate as they once did on Superbit movies, improves the quality considerably (check out a Knight Tale and Godzilla (last remake not the new one), Vertical limit i think was another one.

That aside personally i use either Taiyo Yuden 4.7Gb or Verbatim dual layer, actual price difference negligable so if it will not fit on a 4.7Gb at 100% then go dual layer. If its worth backing up, back it up in quality.
Yes... this is what I'm talking about...I wasn't sure if it was just me or if I had something buggered up!

You can split to two discs, e.g. Extras on one, movie on another. Check the manual.

I didn't know that either!
Thanks Guys for your replies!
Very much appreciated!

I'm not sure what you mean by DVD-9?

In CloneDVD2, it's listed as DVD+/-R DL on the drop down menu.
If the original DVD is Dual Layer/DVD9, you can copy it onto a blank DVD9 disc without transcoding (assuming your DVD writer supports the format).

Last edited:
Back