• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No drives detected, drive is not ready problem

scottlindner

I have been using AnyDVD for years without troubles. Recently it started having troubles. One startup it says "No drives detected" and when I go to rip it says "drive is not ready". However, I have two different BluRay drives (one on SATA and another USB) and both show up in AnyDVD and I can check the box to enable them, but they still aren't enabled. If I put media in these drives Windows sees the discs just fine. This definitely feels like a problem with AnyDVD. This is not a trial version. The Information tab shows it is registered to me and that I have free updates forever. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AnyDVD. Any other thoughts on what I can do to solve this?

Thanks,
Scott

I have been using AnyDVD for years without troubles. Recently it started having troubles. One startup it says "No drives detected" and when I go to rip it says "drive is not ready". However, I have two different BluRay drives (one on SATA and another USB) and both show up in AnyDVD and I can check the box to enable them, but they still aren't enabled. If I put media in these drives Windows sees the discs just fine. This definitely feels like a problem with AnyDVD. This is not a trial version. The Information tab shows it is registered to me and that I have free updates forever. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AnyDVD. Any other thoughts on what I can do to solve this?

Thanks,
Scott

Please post a log file.

shared drive not detected

I have a wired LAN with PC #1 and PC #2 (among others) with shared folders/drives. AnyDVD is running on PC #1. PC #2 has an internal DVD drive that is shared and seen by PC #1 (when a DVD is in it), but AnyDVD running on PC #1 does not see/identify the shared DVD drive in PC #2.

Any thoughts or advice is welcome. Many thanks.

You have the wrong (an old version) of AnyDVD.sys installed. Didn't you see the error message during installation?

I uninstalled AnyDVD and tried deleting AnyDVD.sys with an administrative command prompt and it wouldn't let me do it. I also renamed the file before installing again but it's still complaining about AnyDVD.sys and ElbyCDIO.sys during installation and uninstallation. It's like Windows loves these files and won't let me change them. :/

Any thoughts?

I uninstalled AnyDVD and tried deleting AnyDVD.sys with an administrative command prompt and it wouldn't let me do it. I also renamed the file before installing again but it's still complaining about AnyDVD.sys and ElbyCDIO.sys during installation and uninstallation. It's like Windows loves these files and won't let me change them. :/

Any thoughts?

No, not Windows. Some "anti something" tool?

Great Tool!

This may/may not be the way to go, but if you've un-installed AnyDVD, then use Unlocker to delete the problematic file(s).

Download and install: http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/#download

The use right-click on the problematic file for Unlocker's option to deal with it.

COPY_20150126_12h02m14s_001__zpsed661c13.jpg

I have used Unlocker for yrs now and it does help with nasty pgms or files that don't want to leave or let themselves go from the System resources. I'm not anyway affiliated with the co or the pgm I just wanted you to know It is a cool pgm and has been a big help to me. Just another tool in my bag sorta speak..
Sorry Slysoft, nor trying to get off topic of anydvdHD ... Keep up the GREAT WORK Guys...... Can anyone recommend a not so expensive br-player that doesn't have ceniva that I could purchase? I wish to expand into the BR-Burning process and purchase Clonebr from slysoft afterwards. Thanks....

Can anyone recommend a not so expensive br-player that doesn't have ceniva that I could purchase? I wish to expand into the BR-Burning process and purchase Clonebr from slysoft afterwards. Thanks....
What ever you get it will have to be manufactured before Feb, 2012.
I have a Sony BDP-S360 that doesn't support Cinavia, which means that Sony can't give it an update to support it even if they wanted too.
Others that are not Cinavia enabled, support it with a firmware update _ others should be able to tell you which ones those are or you can do some homework and find out for your self.

Last edited:
What ever you get it will have to be manufactured before Feb, 2012.
I have a Sony BDP-S360 that doesn't support Cinavia, which means that Sony can't give it an update to support it even if they wanted too.
Others that are not Cinavia enabled, support it with a firmware update _ others should be able to tell you which ones those are or you can do some homework and find out for your self.

Thanks Jeff....

Back