• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Those burning backups - Please read FIRST

Define 'superimposed image'. If you're talking about the beaver in the top right corner, that's no copy protection that's a limitation of the trial. It adds a watermark to the video.

If cloneBD errors but doesn't crash, on the final screen hold the alt button and 2 new buttons will appear so you can make and send a logfile in.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Media Fail

I keep getting media fail. What's the best media to use? And the "Alt" key to create a bug report doesn't work.

And the "Alt" key to create a bug report doesn't work.
I've seen this issue intermittently too. Click on the "Open destination folder" button first, and then the Alt key will display the two hidden buttons.

Media Burn Error

I've seen a few posts now about failed burns. If you're going to be burning discs, please please please do 2 things FIRST.

1. Test the backup on your PC first using a software player like PowerDVD. Mount the ISO image with virtual clonedrive, load it up in PowerDVD, and check everything.
2. Burn to a rewriteable disc first, and ensure it works in the player you're intending to play it in.

I really don't want to see more people wasting expensive discs on "failed attempts". Test test test. Then burn.

The burn error message occurs after the read and doesn't start the burn so no blanks are wasted. This problem can be recreated at will. CloneBD 1.0.2.3 and later versions all have this problem and no copies of discs are possible.

Define 'superimposed image'. If you're talking about the beaver in the top right corner, that's no copy protection that's a limitation of the trial. It adds a watermark to the video.

If cloneBD errors but doesn't crash, on the final screen hold the alt button and 2 new buttons will appear so you can make and send a logfile in.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Ha! I wasn't aware that the trial version had this "limitation". I burned a disk using CloneBD, went to check it out in my Panasonic player and there is the beaver in the top right corner. One disc wasted. Thx!

issues with playback

I have made the investment on the rewritable disc as you suggested but when I write the disc and go to play it in either a BluRay player or PS3 I can't get the movie to play. The trailers will play but when it gets to the main menu nothing happens. What can I do to correct this issue?

Burning on a bd-re doesn't cause that, if you had burned the same output on a bd-r the same would have happened. The problem lies with either the ps3 out what you burned to the bd-re.

I suggest you try to play the source you burned to disc with a software player like powerdvd. If powerdvd also had that problem then the problem is the output your burned.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Burning on a bd-re doesn't cause that, if you had burned the same output on a bd-r the same would have happened. The problem lies with either the ps3 out what you burned to the bd-re.

I suggest you try to play the source you burned to disc with a software player like powerdvd. If powerdvd also had that problem then the problem is the output your burned.

I tried playing on computer with power dvd10 and it played. So why won't it play in my home theater bluray player or PS3

Then the problem is with the devices or the blank. Which brand did you use

Then the problem is with the devices or the blank. Which brand did you use

Verbatim
this happens when I try copying the whole disc
When I try just the main feature it will play in the bluray player but still won't in the PS3

Probably the red/silver ones, but anyway. Considering that the burned source played fine on pc, the problem is likely with the standalone players. Check if there's a firmware update for them. Other than that i'm out of idea's.

The trial version 1053 failed on the very first disc I tried. Doing a 1:1 on Maleficent, the file was created successfully, but the disc failed when it hit the layer break (on a 50 GB Sony blank.) Nothing after the layer break will play. For some reason, there was no watermark and I can burn the file again with ImgBurn.

This was a bad first impression of CloneBD. It also takes too long. I am reluctent to purchase it.

The trial version 1053 failed on the very first disc I tried. Doing a 1:1 on Maleficent, the file was created successfully, but the disc failed when it hit the layer break (on a 50 GB Sony blank.) Nothing after the layer break will play. For some reason, there was no watermark and I can burn the file again with ImgBurn.

This was a bad first impression of CloneBD. It also takes too long. I am reluctent to purchase it.

I myself have never been able to burn a 50GB blank.
Not with ImgBurn or anything. Always fails at the layer break.
I have two Sony BD-RE and one Panasonic, tried several drives over time, never cared enough to find out why, but I think it's worth mentioning, that this is likely not a CloneBD problem.
Especially considering, that others seem to have no problem burning DL BDs with CloneBD.

I have been using slysoft software forever. With CloneDVD I almost never have a problem. So, when CloneBD came along I jumped onboard thinking that it would be as good as CloneDVD. I could not be more mistaken. As of this day, I have so far been unsuccessful in burning a blu-ray copy. Like many of the people posting here all we want is a usable software that does what it was purchased for. Really not much to ask for.
If anyone posting or reading these posts can give me a step by step instructions on how they are getting successful burns, please write the post. Thanks.

I guess I have been fortunate so far. I have only burned 2 backups but they both work fine. The 1st was a 1 for 1 copy using AnyDVD HD and CloneBD. The second was more labor intensive. I used CloneBD to compress it so it would fit on a 25GB disc then used ImgBurn to create an iso. Finally I used CloneDVD2 to burn the iso to dvd. Both dvd's play fine on my computers and stand alone players. It is a time consuming process, much more so than just using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, but does offer much more utility/choices. Backing up a movie to a 25GB disc instead of needing a 50GB is a nice plus.

Use clonedvd to burn a 25gb ISO to DVD? That's not possible, there are no 25gb DVD's and I doubt clonedvd could even burn a dvd9 sized bluray ISO.

You do know IMGBurn can burn to disc right? And that CloneBD can create iso's too and burn to disc.

Use clonedvd to burn a 25gb ISO to DVD? That's not possible, there are no 25gb DVD's and I doubt clonedvd could even burn a dvd9 sized bluray ISO.

You do know IMGBurn can burn to disc right? And that CloneBD can create iso's too and burn to disc.

Sorry. I guess I should have stated 25GB BD-R media. Thanks for the information. I haven't had much time to play and learn about CloneBD. With all of the issues people are reporting, I used a combo that has worked very reliably in the past.

Didn't say it was a bad one? Though you could skip a step and let CloneBD Create the Iso output and just burn the ISO with CLBD, even if it fails in the ISO creation step you'd still have the folder output and IMGBurn can burn that just fine too ;)

I think a "step by step" tutorial with screen shots would be nice, instead of trial by error clicking different buttons with this program. Don't assume people know how the programs works. Clone CD and Clone DVD are VERY self explanatory, the options of what you want accomplished are very straightforward. But I don't see that level of ease on CloneBD.

Thanks Ch3vrOn

I did locate the file, but there was nothing there related to the BD I tried to back up. Tried it again with updated CloneBD, and got error message which ended the reading process. Also I am getting a superimposed image over the video, some sort of copy protection, I guess. SO, I continue to have total failure from CloneBD. I will try again after the next upgrade if my trial doesn't expire.

Do you have AnyDVD HD installed and is it running?

Back