• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

john wick, something strange is going on here...

My Region A, US Retail (Lionsgate) disc is using 00589.mpls (508, 501, 503, 511, 510, 516, 520, 518, 507, 512, 519, 513, 509, 517, 515, 506, 514, 504, 502, 505). I'm using 7.5.7.0 and it mistakenly says "good playlists: 147, 171, 287, 439, 458, 471, 594, 820, 918". None of these are correct. 589 is the only playlist on my disc that has the individual m2ts' in the right order. There are several flashback scenes in the first 16 minutes. I can play the bluray with anydvdhd enabled with TMT5 but it will hang after the dolby atmos intro. I also cannot manually choose chapter 1 (or any chapter) from the menu as it will re-load the menu video file (absent the actual menu items).

Successful rip to mkv, watched the first 20 minutes and everything was in the right order for my disc.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.7.0_Info_E_JOHN_WICK.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Have you tried this one?

I have found that playlist 712 works very well.... Seems to be working just fine on my US disc.

Same issue here - Logfile Attached

My disc came up with 274 potential playlists in Handbrake. Giving 00589.mpls a shot first.

If anyone has a way to determine which are good - I've attached my log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.7.3_Info_G_JOHN_WICK.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Using AnyDVD, Process Monitor and PowerDVD 14 for playback: the Redbox Region A (US) rental disc requests "00795.mpls" for the main movie, while the US Retail disc requests "00665.mpls". Neither one of these files exist, on either disc.

Also, I went into the disc setup and selected Dobly 2.0 for playback, trying to see if avoiding ATMOS would have any effect. I then went into the "Scenes" menu and selected one. PowerDVD immediately looped back to the main movie menu (as previously stated by another user). When selecting a particular scene, PowerDVD would still request the same non-existant .mpls file.

With AnyDVD running, if I load a playlist with MPC-HC v1.7.8, the movie plays back fine. I'm using the "00801.mpls" file for testing purposes.

I've included the entire Retail US disc folder structure with files, minus the .m2ts files.

HTH

az_raiden

Last edited:
Disc Playlist Summary.

To help clear the thread up, here are the discs we have posted so far:

US Retail:
Logfile 1 (blaster) Logfile 2 (hdmkv) Logfile 3 (gaak) Logfile 4 (spaceghost)
Playlist 589 confirmed by Spaceghost

US Rental:
Logfile 1 (obriens2)
Playlist 641 confirmed by Blackssr (though no log posted)

Canadian eOne:
Logfile 1 (warpdrive)
Playlist 772 confirmed by warpdrive.

I think Slysoft should have enough logfiles now to fix the issue. I'd recommend only to post a logfile, if you think your disc is different to the ones listed above.

Edit: From what I can see all US Retail logs posted are the exact same disc (though I could be wrong)

Last edited:
My disc came up with 274 potential playlists in Handbrake. Giving 00589.mpls a shot first.

I'm pretty sure 589 is not good for your disc (it looks like a rental). Try 641 which has been confirmed by one user as correct for the rental.

Using AnyDVD, Process Monitor and PowerDVD 14 for playback

As mentioned in a previous thread, that combination may not be reliable with new Screen Pass discs (like this one)
You would need to have AnyDVD disabled to get a correct playlist (obviously no good if your system requires AnyDVD for playback)
Also no need to zip the disc structure - Just post a Logfile from each disc instead (which contains the same info)

Is anyone who is having the black screen/loop issue with full disc playback (PowerDVD/TMT etc) able to test the disc with AnyDVD disabled?
Does it then work correctly?

I've run into the same problem. It did prompt me for my region the first time the disc was in, of which I set to "A" as that was on the disc case. I have the Canadian Entertainment One Films (eOne) disc, not the Lionsgate release in the U.S. I tried playlist 113 which was not correct, working on playlist 147 now. Ill just go down the list to see if any are correct. If I stumble across the correct one I'll post back, unless its solved before then. I'll attach a logfile as well.

Warpdrive - Could you try playlist 772, I'm pretty sure this is correct for your disc (as each m2ts runtime layout matches the confirmed US retail playlist)
Watching 20 minutes is enough for confirmation :)

Last edited:
Warpdrive - Could you try playlist 772, I'm pretty sure this is correct for your disc (as each m2ts runtime layout matches the confirmed US retail playlist)
Watching 20 minutes is enough for confirmation :)

Got 20 minutes into playlist 772 without any issues, looks like the right one. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

7.5.3 Does not work with JOHN WICK

Got 20 minutes into playlist 772 without any issues, looks like the right one. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

with attempted backup of JOHN WICK. Plays all the trailers and menu and then goes to black screen-period. No idea how to change a "Playlist" to how to acquire one.

You can't play it as a full disc structure if AnyDVD isn't picking the right playlist. You have to manually choose the playlist by going into the playlist folder and choosing the correct file.

Here is my log file from rental.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.7.3_Info_F_JOHN_WICK_RENTAL.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
John Wick USA Region 1 - AnyDVD HD 7.5.7.3

Just created a ISO file of John Wick Region 1 using AnyDVD HD 7.5.7.3 "Rip to Image". Tried to play with PowerDVD 12 and also with a burned blu-ray disc on my Sony player, but when you select play the screen goes black and stays there. Did not receive any error messages from AnyDVD HD. Attached are the BDMV and JAR directory.

...and

You can't play it as a full disc structure if AnyDVD isn't picking the right playlist. You have to manually choose the playlist by going into the playlist folder and choosing the correct file.

Thank you --went to playlist and found a hundred .mpls files including 00772. Now what-- ?

Last edited:
but when you select play the screen goes black and stays there.

If you run Process Monitor, you can see that when the movie is supposed to start playing, a .mpls file is requested to be read that does not exist. PowerDVD then tries to read the backup of the playlist file requested, but that file doesn't exist either. That is why the screen is going black. There is nothing there to play. I tried playing the movie with Dolby 2.0 selected, and it still didn't work. If being viewed with AnyDVD running, the movie loops back to the main menu. Process Monitor shows all of this. Sometimes you get different results than other times. If you play with MPC-HC using a playlist selected from the disc, then the movie plays just fine. I guess PowerDVD uses the JAVA protection to interpret how to play the movie, hence the misdirected .mpls files search, and MPC-HC just plays the movie. LOL

My HDMI display simulator adapter will arrive on Friday, maybe I'll get some more clues after it is up and running.

az_raiden

death to Cinavia and that new JAVA stuff, LOL I feel for James and crew.

This is how the protection works, if AnyDVD doesn't remove it correctly then the player will play a bogus playlist.
Usually this playlist is the movie mixed up with a copy detected message after a few minutes of playback.

Strangely this time the playlist is non existent causing a black screen/loop.
Whether this is intentional or caused by AnyDVD not removing the protection correctly, I'm not sure.
All discs posted do seem to have the copy detected playlist, but it is never shown.

Do not attempt a full backup until Slysoft confirm a fix. Only do a full backup if ripping to a protected ISO image.

The only way to watch the movie is to create a movie only backup using something like BDRebuilder (using the correct playlist) or playback the correct playlist file straight from the disc using a player like MPC-HC.

I'm sure Slysoft are well aware of this by now and will hopefully have a fix soon :)

Thank you --went to playlist and found a hundred .mpls files including 00772. Now what-- ?

You need to use a player like MPC-HC to open that playlist (PowerDVD doesn't open MPLS files)
Before you do that though, make sure that you are opening the correct playlist as 772 is only correct for the Canadian release.

The only way to watch the movie is to create a movie only backup using something like BDRebuilder (using the correct playlist)

Does BDRebuilder automatically select the right playlist when selecting the Movie-Only mode? If not, how do you select a specific playlist? I ripped to Image and I am mounting using Virtual Clone Drive.

Does BDRebuilder automatically select the right playlist when selecting the Movie-Only mode? If not, how do you select a specific playlist? I ripped to Image and I am mounting using Virtual Clone Drive.

Currently it would not automatically choose correctly as it uses AnyDVD for the info (which is currently incorrect)
You can however choose to use a different playlist, under 'Mode' look for 'Other Movie-Only playlist' then select the required playlist :)

Edit: I see you already found it! :)

Last edited:
? Mpc-hc, power dvd, etc.

You need to use a player like MPC-HC to open that playlist (PowerDVD doesn't open MPLS files)
Before you do that though, make sure that you are opening the correct playlist as 772 is only correct for the Canadian release.

I'm sure there is a simple step that I can utilize to correct the playlist files somewhere in the help offered here (thank you), but without some additional detail instruction, it is less than obvious.

My next step is to wait for the next release.

Back