• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TOO MANY COMPLAINTS, how about some successes

:) Refund

The simple cure is to get a refund (like I just did) and not worry about anything. I have just reverted to my old methods. And although more of a pain, at least they work. I might come back and buy it once I see more positive than negative reviews. The person (can't remember name) on this thread who is a s/w developer is right. Just make one or two features at first that actually work, rather than 100 that corrupt data, don't work, etc. Then I"ll come back to CloneBD!

And remember, when the bugs get worked out and everything is going fairly smoothly, it won't be because the developers (and Elby/Slysoft ownership) really wanted it to be that way. It will be because of all the criticism, so we should thank them I guess.

At least they FINALLY released CloneBD! We kept bugging them, and some called CloneBD vaporware, at least we have a product. This is GOOD because they should be getting all the bugs ironed out from what we post in Slysoft forums. I prefer this way because the Alpha & Beta testers are so few and now, we the clients of CloneBD are giving Elby all the problems to be ironed out. Just like AnyDVD, it's not a finished product, but we report back so the developers can fix the bugs. I know, it's hard because when I first purchased CloneBD, it didn't work for the first two versions, now it works for me. If you wanted a finished product, you could be waiting a couple of more years or indefinitely. Just have faith, Slysoft & Elby have been around a long time! It's not like they are going to take your money and close up shop. :rock:

need bug fixes

This software just got released...and people are saying why isn't it working better. This is people now day and age of click and fix it. This isn't going to happen people...software always will need bug fixes and updates...and to forget this well then just go and buy the Retail BD movies and don't worry about using the software to backup just keep buying a replacement if your store bought breaks or goes missing then is what I say.

Hi,
I'm not trying to start up anything here but I was just wondering Why will software always NEED BUG FIXES? I understand that Updates are needed since Hardware changes over time and such, but aren't bugs in software considered to be a problem with incorrect coding or incorrect layout of the coding that causes the Software problems/bugs???? I'm just an end user of software and not a writer or encoder of such but I do know if I attempt to do something (regardless of whatever) and don't complete the task properly and orderly, then my work will be flawed and not as good as it could be. Quality wise... But in turn, If I follow all the proper steps and do the job correctly as I should ALWAYS DO, then my work should be in Perfect form with no Problems at all.
Again, I do not write software, but even that should be tested to an extent that it works bug-less before It is released. I kinda wonder if folks have fallen into the Microsoft continual bug fixes, routine in the beginning and think its the norm way of creating things. Just wondering..
Thanks for the clarity of whomever. Have a great Day, be safe and in good health......:agree:

That maybe so but I notice you didn't even use CloneBD at all so what's the point?
Where's all the success's with cloneBD/anyDVD and nothing else. I haven't been able to get a single one and am done trying until a working build is released. I think Jeffab hit the nail on the head.

I was just successful in creating my first Blu Ray backup Thursday. I ripped it to my HD then used cloneDB to make an exact duplicate (have not figured out what all the other crap on the blu rays are (the labeling of the extra video clips in CloneDB is obfuscation. If I do not know what they are, and can not make sense of non-nonsensical titling, then I do not know if I want to keep it or not.

I have AnyDVD set to eliminate all clips shorter than 2.5 , cut out all clutter on the disc. annoying clips, all entro clips etc. and I STILL had 10 clips to figure out what they were. I am assuming, they are previews (which I consider annoying so anydvd should have removed them if that option was set to ON) but of course this paragraph is for another forum (apologize).

WOW I , that went down the rabbit hole way to quick! I was attempting to grin and clap my hands a bit here. Seems its way to easy to find something to complain about. However I WAS able to make a complete working copy of one of my discs and for that I am happy! It took way too long in my opinion.....started it about 6 Thursday evening and it finished sometime before I woke up the next morning about 6 AM so perhaps less than 12 hours but still a long time. Its a good thing I am just getting into blu ray. If I had a collection already and wanted to make copies it would take me a lifetime.

You may have mentioned it before, but what CPU do you have? I can encode a disc in around 2 hours on my 2.5GHz quad core laptop, and my new one does it in around 45 minutes.

You may have mentioned it before, but what CPU do you have? I can encode a disc in around 2 hours on my 2.5GHz quad core laptop, and my new one does it in around 45 minutes.
I have 2 rigs, a 4770K and a 5960X, the 4770K takes about 1hour and 30 mins and the 12 thread 5960X takes about 30mins. Both rigs are equipped with SSDs and have ROG Asus Video cards. Admittedly mine is not the average rig, but I am sure even as Adbear has said, all it takes is 2.5GHz processor and a decent hdd and you should be doing well.

7 out of 9 for successes using only AnyDVDHD and CloneBD. Only copying the movie, not the entire disc, no subtitles and only the best audio quaility. Have two blue ray burners in PC so decode and burn straight to blank disc. Takes about 90 minutes to make a copy at 6x speed. Using Verbatim BD-R 25GB. Backed up The Judge last night. My two failures decoded but wouldn't even start to burn so the blank discs were still usable. When the Game Stands Tall and oddly enough an older movie, Olympus Has Fallen were the two unsuccessful titles. Not a coaster yet as the two unsuccessful backups didn't ruin the blank disc.

Come on now, not necessary, but I have to say that the 980GTX Asus Matrix is one hell of a GPU, match that with some good DDR4 RAM and some water blocks from EK, and tubing and a nice big PSU and we have a rendering build. Its my hobby, I am sure you have one also.:agree:

Well as we're comparing, I just ditched my desktop for a new laptop that uses a GTX 970M with 6GB RAM and a desktop 4790K CPU which is why I can encode a disc in around 45 minutes. Been checking the CPU speed and it never drops below 4.1 when encoding. Means I can just keep 1 system for everything now. If I want something more powerful I can just use one at work as I'm building dual Xeon systems there.

Well as we're comparing, I just ditched my desktop for a new laptop that uses a GTX 970M with 6GB RAM and a desktop 4790K CPU which is why I can encode a disc in around 45 minutes. Been checking the CPU speed and it never drops below 4.1 when encoding. Means I can just keep 1 system for everything now. If I want something more powerful I can just use one at work as I'm building dual Xeon systems there.
Yes a dually would be awesome, but dual Xeons cost about as much as my whole build, and you can only render video so fast. Using quick sync with the appropriate chip, Xeons do not have the QSV option, so you would need a card with Direct X 12.0 , mine only supports 11.3. There has to be a point where the quality and speed have to intersect so you will be happy. I am there I think ?:D

I've found the rendering limitations is down to the codec. I've used a dual 12 core and it uses over 95% when encoding to x264. As to Quicksync, it's OK if you are using lower quality settings, but if you want a good high quality encode I'd never use it.

As to the price, I suppose it depends on the CPU's you buy. I wouldn't have one at home as I can't justify it, same with the Haswell -E's

I have 2 rigs, a 4770K and a 5960X, the 4770K takes about 1hour and 30 mins and the 12 thread 5960X takes about 30mins. Both rigs are equipped with SSDs and have ROG Asus Video cards. Admittedly mine is not the average rig, but I am sure even as Adbear has said, all it takes is 2.5GHz processor and a decent hdd and you should be doing well.

The 5960X is 16 threads not 12. Are you sure that is the CPU you have?

I've found the rendering limitations is down to the codec. I've used a dual 12 core and it uses over 95% when encoding to x264. As to Quicksync, it's OK if you are using lower quality settings, but if you want a good high quality encode I'd never use it.

As to the price, I suppose it depends on the CPU's you buy. I wouldn't have one at home as I can't justify it, same with the Haswell -E's

Gentlemen,

Went away cos somehow got infected with malware :rock: Guess not smart to criticize programmers.

Here's my system....

Using Ritek Ridata 25GB blank media, highly rated.

System consists of Asus Sabretooth 990FX Rev 2 motherboard, 4.4GB AMD "black" octa-core processor, 32GB DDR3 RAM, XFX R9 270X Graphics Card with 2GB DDR5 Video Ram on W7 64bit OS. LG HL-DT-ST-BD-RE WH14NS40 SATA burner. More than enough guts to do the job.

Results?? Still can't get not even 1 backup. :bang:

Tried ripping using anyDVD HD to ISO, tried anyDVD HD/CloneBD - just main movie for all, tried ripping with anyDVD HD to a folder then opened it with cloneBD. After everything failed, went to use other burn software (imgburn) rip's too big, no way to compress ISO image, other than CloneBD to fit 25GB blank that I'm aware of. Shouldn't have to anyway.

So as you can see, I'm not complaining but lamenting the fact I have tried everything I know of and nothing has worked, even though the anyDVD HD/Clone BD should be all that's necessary. As shown, 3 separate movies failed, old one's new one's doesn't matter. So can anybody tell me why??? All log and dmp files submitted (here's one if anybody cares). CloneBD_1.0.2.8_Dump_20150207203230.dmp

anydvd hd-clonebd.jpgfolder burn fail.jpgfrom folder.jpgFury-ISO.jpg

mcm

Last edited:
@mcmenace
What did you have the output size set to? as there's no logfile on here I can't see what your settings are so I can't try and duplicate it

@mcmenace
What did you have the output size set to? as there's no logfile on here I can't see what your settings are so I can't try and duplicate it

Thanks for wb, output set to 25GB. Log attached below

Only the ISO method has cost me discs.Using anyDVD HD/CloneBD reads original but won't write to blanks at all, so none ruined that way but why won't it write? Just keeps asking for another one? Don't know what else to do that I haven't done already. Even tried 1:1 burn, but not with this release. Thought this one would be the end of all this frustration.

Successfully backed up many thousands of regular dvd's with no problems at all.

Attachments

• log_data.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
All successful....so far.

I purchased Clone BD lifetime based on my great experience with any DVD HD, Clone DVD and Clone DVD mobile. I have backed up four recent movies...A Walk Among the Tombstones, John Wick, Fury and the Judge. Not one coaster. I find the program works great straight away...No ISO's...But it does take around four hours to complete the process. The last one, The Judge, finished fine and played on my computer and two (I own 3) of my cheap $69.00 Blue Ray players. I use the Any DVD speed menu and that helps a lot. On the one Blue Ray player where the movie did not play, the speed menu appears and then the screen goes black. Don't know why...but as long as it plays on the other two, I'm happy. BTW....I purchase Verbatim 50GB BD RE disks thru Amazon and they are relatively cheap. A Ten Pack is less than $35.00. With the RE designation I don't worry about coasters....If anything doesn't work, I can just delete and start over.

I purchased Clone BD lifetime based on my great experience with any DVD HD, Clone DVD and Clone DVD mobile. I have backed up four recent movies...A Walk Among the Tombstones, John Wick, Fury and the Judge. Not one coaster. I find the program works great straight away...No ISO's...But it does take around four hours to complete the process. The last one, The Judge, finished fine and played on my computer and two (I own 3) of my cheap $69.00 Blue Ray players. I use the Any DVD speed menu and that helps a lot. On the one Blue Ray player where the movie did not play, the speed menu appears and then the screen goes black. Don't know why...but as long as it plays on the other two, I'm happy. BTW....I purchase Verbatim 50GB BD RE disks thru Amazon and they are relatively cheap. A Ten Pack is less than $35.00. With the RE designation I don't worry about coasters....If anything doesn't work, I can just delete and start over.

Congrats wish I could say the same. Maybe the Ritek media is a problem. Tried Fury both ripping to ISO and using anyDVD HD/CloneBD just like you did!!! Didn't take nearly as long but didn't work either. Have pretty high end PC. Just got this email from slysoft....

Please stay tuned for the next CloneBD version, it is about to be released very soon, newsletter follows. With that new version and AnyDVD HD 7573 running in the background, copy directly from the original movie disc.

Isn't that what I bought in the first place?

View attachment fury - iso log.zip
View attachment fury - andvdhd-clonebd.zip

Another failure, Fury ISO partial movie no menu today with new anydvdhd

View attachment fury iso-clonebd 2-10.zip

attachment.php

Last edited:
Gentlemen,

Ignore me if it pleases you. :clap:

Thought this forum was to help folks? I included everything asked for and then some, with no responses. That's OK I'll persevere.

As anyone can plainly see I have had good reason be be upset. Where's the logs? Where's the proof, your just complaining. Well it's right there for all to see. :agree:

Thanks anyway. I don't believe anybody commented because there is no answer. :disagree:

I see folks like Neal (above) say they got all these backups, I have yet to see ANY screen shot of a successful burn.

Later :bowdown:

Back