• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1.0.2.7

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneBD.exe

1.0.2.7 2015-01-21
  • New: Data rate display. While transcoding, user can switch now between preview and data rate (preview disabled completely)
  • New: Added support for a different EAC-3 extension encoding found on some Disney Blu-ray (e.g. Brave)
  • Change: Optimized transcoding engine
  • Change: Faster preview mode by disabling LibAV frame reordering/caching
  • Change: Improved burn result error logging
  • Change: Enhanced burn speed [#534]
  • Change: Improved I/O throughput
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

Please post all new issues in separate threads, do not go back to old ones. Thank you.:agree:

In what way?
Which region is your disc from as mine (US) works fine to either full disc shrink to SL BD-R or movie only to SL BD-R

Mine worked fine, R1 , made an .iso , made an .mp4 and a .mkv and also burned a disc. No issues whatsoever.

Had an error with the Gone Girl Blu-ray (Region 1, US) disc. I sent in to Support the CloneBD log file along with the AnyDVD HD log file.

I can wait for the Support team to fix this bug, since I have backed up the disc with BD-Rebuilder while the bugs in this program are being taken care of.

For folks like me that

forked over $100 for the lifetime program will we get notifications by e-mail like AnyDvd does for the updates to CloneBD? I see that there is an updated version but I have not received an e-mail notice so far.

forked over $100 for the lifetime program will we get notifications by e-mail like AnyDvd does for the updates to CloneBD? I see that there is an updated version but I have not received an e-mail notice so far.
Maybe Elby will send them, maybe they wont, its too early to tell. Check on the forum for the next while, :agree:

I suspect that like with AnyDVD, release versions will be emailed, beta versions will not. I believe this is still being treated as beta releases at the moment. I could be wrong.

I suspect that like with AnyDVD, release versions will be emailed, beta versions will not. I believe this is still being treated as beta releases at the moment. I could be wrong.

Not a big deal really. When you open CloneBD, it informs you there is a newer version available.

Mine worked fine, R1 , made an .iso , made an .mp4 and a .mkv and also burned a disc. No issues whatsoever.

Hum. R1 too, I made the ISO with AnyDVD - But still can't complete .mkv or .mp4 - Could be HW related.

CloneBD is processing the title up to about %40-%60 then aborts. First minutes at good pace then slowdown to an halt.
The resulting .mp4 or .mkv file plays the video for few minutes then goes black.

Hum. R1 too, I made the ISO with AnyDVD - But still can't complete .mkv or .mp4 - Could be HW related.

CloneBD is processing the title up to about %40-%60 then aborts. First minutes at good pace then slowdown to an halt.
The resulting .mp4 or .mkv file plays the video for few minutes then goes black.
That's why it's always important to say what you are trying to do as I only tested using Blu-ray output options. I'll run it through again trying MP4 and MKV

That's why it's always important to say what you are trying to do as I only tested using Blu-ray output options. I'll run it through again trying MP4 and MKV

You are absolutely right. The more information the better. I didn't analyze the logs (which I provided) and since the products needs a lots of debugging. I assumed the logs would give this information in a much more detailed and technical way than the layman terms I would try to use.

All I meant was when reporting it on the forum it can help if you say what output format you are using so others such as myself can also give it a try. I've just run it through as an MP4 and and MKV with 5.1 audio and it worked flawlessly (although I didn't have any subtitles left on so don't know if that part works yet)

1.0.2.7 is a good improvement

CloneBD seems to be coming along nicely. Much better stability (but I still sometimes get libAV crashes). Much better success, presumably now that I go to the player and uncheck all but the main audio track I'm interested in. Tree of Life still has audio sync issues (it seems to be the only one I've come across). I've moved to mkv/ac-3 as my target of choice (though ac-3 might be a problem on tablets). On those movies where I have unwanted directors cuts or audio commentary I've found it pretty straightforward to just delete the unwanted tracks with mkvtoolnix / mkvmerge (even more convent than using mplayer or ffmpeg :)

So finally, after all these years I may be able to ditch windows to watch "blu-rays" on the mythtv! \o/ (That we are moving to streaming presents another problem that firefox/linux/html-5 may or may not address, but that's a separate problem).

Question: Does CloneBD transcode at max video quality? It seems to do so as the time and cpu usage at max seem to be similar to that of lower quality. I'd presume a max quality Disc->mkv would involve transcoding the audio at much less effort and dropping the video into the new container. Or are there different segments that need to be merged by re-coding the whole thing? Is an optimization possible where you can just do the part between i-frames?

...I've found it pretty straightforward to just delete the unwanted tracks with mkvtoolnix / mkvmerge (even more convent than using mplayer or ffmpeg :)

Question: Does CloneBD transcode at max video quality?

If you just want "max video quality" (==lossless), then you might want to stick with tsmuxer and mkvtoolnix. tsmuxer can convert the DTS into AC3 when it demuxes the audio. I say that because I was under the impression from other posts that in CloneBD, blu-ray to lossless mkv was not working at this time. I may be wrong-hopefully I am. That's the main reason why I haven't bought it yet. The ONE thing I really really wanted and, NOPE, nada. :mad:

To answer what I assume is your other question, tsmuxer can demux the video, audio and subtitles. You then take those files and merge them with mkvtoonix. You have to know the right playlist to demux the correct files.

This is what a lot of us are waiting for CloneBD to implement. We'll still have to figure out the correct playlist, but not have to use two different programs to demux and merge with. I know that there are appz out there that already do that, but tsmuxer and mkvtoonix are free and work every time (for lossless that is).

VLC still doesn't play Expendables 3 atmos DTS+core audio. You have to down convert to AC3 for it to play. So still no blu-ray or mkv lossless atmos for Linux yet unless there's an add-on filter I don't know about (probably, maybe, wanting it for Christmas), but then again, who knows with which distro it is or isn't compatible with. Linus is right, we need some universal installers for everything Linux that will install on multiple distros.

az_raiden

Last edited:
Back