• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

TOO MANY COMPLAINTS, how about some successes

Hugo worked.

Did the same as other success. Used anydvd to rip to iso. Used bdclone to compress complete disc into iso. Needed to go a bit over 25gb to get a 23.2 compression which took up just shy of the 25gb blank. I get as close to the limit as possible. Tested quality/audio sync, then burned it with imgburn.

Works like a charm :)

Will be seeing how Game of Thrones compresses soon. Next thou will be Gone Girl.

Gone Girl worked just fine for me using only CloneBD and AnyDVD HD

AnyDVD HD won't burn 'em
No, AnyDVD HD doesn't burn, but that's not what you said, you said
I expected a program that does what AnyDVD does with standard DVD's taking finished product to set top bluray and watch it on TV. ...
Well AnyDVD HD does the same as AnyDVD. It doesn't burn a DVD to disc either, it removes the copy protection from a Blu-ray same as it does on a DVD.

Open ISO Image is there but I am/was trying to figure out if it's possible to just get the main movie after the protection is gone with the generated ISO and cloneBD like as if I tried the partial movie option which I haven't been able to have success with yet.
Most of my encodes using CloneBD are either from folders or unprotected ISOs. I occasionally dig out an original disc if my ISO/folder is having an issue to eliminate any problems with that side before sending in a logfile.

Why are you using ImgBurn?

Hugo worked.

Did the same as other success. Used anydvd to rip to iso. Used bdclone to compress complete disc into iso. Needed to go a bit over 25gb to get a 23.2 compression which took up just shy of the 25gb blank. I get as close to the limit as possible. Tested quality/audio sync, then burned it with imgburn.

Works like a charm :)

Will be seeing how Game of Thrones compresses soon. Next thou will be Gone Girl.

If you aren't using CloneBD to burn as well as compress I wouldn't call that a success. At least for me that was the appeal of CloneBD to have one program to do it all.

He may have used Imgburn to burn with as he wanted to test the output before using a disc and it's easier just to take the finished result and burn with Imgburn after testing

Thanks

Gone Girl worked just fine for me using only CloneBD and AnyDVD HD

Good to hear.

If anyone has compressed any of the Game of Thrones seasons....a heads up would be great.

What Adbear stated is correct.

Instead of making coasters, I test out every iso compression, then go to imgburn. Yes, it's probably a failure to some, since bdclone can burn, however, I have been and still use 1click dvd copy pro for compression/burning with anydvd since the beginning. No issues for me on using a different burn software. My interest is compression and movie only when wanted.

No, AnyDVD HD doesn't burn, but that's not what you said, you said
Well AnyDVD HD does the same as AnyDVD. It doesn't burn a DVD to disc either, it removes the copy protection from a Blu-ray same as it does on a DVD.

Most of my encodes using CloneBD are either from folders or unprotected ISOs. I occasionally dig out an original disc if my ISO/folder is having an issue to eliminate any problems with that side before sending in a logfile.

I know how anyDVD works, been using it successfully for years. :clap:

What I'm trying to do is take the decrypted ISO and get main movie and a preferably a menu, to watch on TV. Is that possible? Can't use 1clickpro like other gentleman. Is there a better way than ISO fe decryped ISO and Imgburn? Shall I wait for fixes to CloneBD? :confused:

Gonna try with powerISO and see if I can pick and choose or have to burn entire stripped ISO. At least that way very little risk of coasters. Will let you know if that works. If so, no more problems. Other side of that coin is no need for clonebd, which seems to be the problem with everybody's workarounds I read. :(

I know how anyDVD works, been using it successfully for years. :clap:

Good to hear....but for BD for Anydvd has to be AnyDVD HD though.

What I'm trying to do is take the decrypted ISO and get main movie and a preferably a menu, to watch on TV. Is that possible? Can't use 1clickpro like other gentleman. Is there a better way than ISO fe decryped ISO and Imgburn? Shall I wait for fixes to CloneBD? :confused:

There is no real way to make this happen you have to use something like ConverXtoHD for this process to re-create the menu style playback. What your asking is re-authoring of the media and tracks and that is only availabe to the Movie studio that produced the Original movie to start with and that is something you can never re-create.

Gonna try with powerISO and see if I can pick and choose or have to burn entire stripped ISO. At least that way very little risk of coasters. Will let you know if that works. If so, no more problems. Other side of that coin is no need for clonebd, which seems to be the problem with everybody's workarounds I read. :(

I don't know but the read of it probably won't work if it does not correctly. Problem...this is a work in progress program and all for all the complaints they are not constructive that will really help the developers update the program. As others mentioned it works for some and not some others and this isn't limited to just CloneBD as well others competitors programs have this same issues as well because of their database not being up to date as well either.

Good to hear....but for BD for Anydvd has to be AnyDVD HD though.

There is no real way to make this happen you have to use something like ConverXtoHD for this process to re-create the menu style playback. What your asking is re-authoring of the media and tracks and that is only availabe to the Movie studio that produced the Original movie to start with and that is something you can never re-create.

I don't know but the read of it probably won't work if it does not correctly. Problem...this is a work in progress program and all for all the complaints they are not constructive that will really help the developers update the program. As others mentioned it works for some and not some others and this isn't limited to just CloneBD as well others competitors programs have this same issues as well because of their database not being up to date as well either.

You lost me with the main movie/menu response. AnyDVD has been doing it for years. I thought anyDVD HD/CloneBD purpose was do to exactly the same as anydvd/clonedvd but with bluray?

Most of the consumers/complainers aren't programmers so what solutions could they realistically offer? How many folks who bought the program would have the ability or desire to tear it apart and analyze it even if it were possible and/or allowed? They're frustrated and rightly so.

Your last sentence exemplifies why I chose anyDVD in the first place. Not only did it never fail me, but also it was updated before or at worse the same day as new releases. Never had to wait around for an updated database like with competitors. Other than that, no comment on competitors. Already been falsely accused of "pushing" them.

No need to do that.....use AnyDvdHD, BDrebuilder and ImgBurn....the last two are free and at least for me have had a 95% success rate.

My thoughts exactly! I been having a 100% success rate the last year or so with that same method.

Going to a lot of trouble

I am probably saying something that is already been said, I bought CloneBD to make copies of my Blu-ray movies. I appreciate all the tech's that are chiming in to tell one and all how to make a copy of their Blu-ray movies using all kinds of free software. I didn't purchase CloneBD to just let it set on my computer desktop like a big reminder paperweight. I will explain what I have been doing to try to copy my Blu-ray movies without any success.
"I am not able to get the software to make a copy that will play on anything. I would like to know what I am doing wrong, if anything. I will tell you step by step what I do and see what you think.
I place my Blu-ray movie in the drive. AnyDVD HD reads it and then I select to make a copy of the movie only. It starts reading the movie and when it is through the drive tray opens and I put in a blank disk. It starts to write and when it is through the drive tray opens and there is a message on the computer that the copy was successful.
That is what I am doing. I would appreciate you telling me what to do to get it right. I have been using Slysoft software for a very long time. CloneDVD has worked like a charm every time."

Please read this and give me some helpful feedback that shows me, and everyone else that is having this problem, how to make copies using CloneBD.

Last edited by a moderator:
He may have used Imgburn to burn with as he wanted to test the output before using a disc and it's easier just to take the finished result and burn with Imgburn after testing

I see....I've been doing that for some time now using BDrebuilder and ImgBurn. I was hoping to get around the process of having to use three different programs and thought that CloneBD would do exactly that and hopefully that will be the case somewhere down the road. Thank you for your reply.

Very few problems

I have had very few problems and I figure the ones I am having will get worked out. I am using it to transcode BluRays to mkv for streaming. I have done about 40 movies. So far a hand full would not transcode. CloneBD ran for about 2 minutes and finished. A couple movies made the transcode less than 2GBeven though I had it set to around 10.9GB. I found that setting it to 10.9GB usually results between 10.3GB and 10.5GB.

I'm just using Handbrake for the ones that wont transcode.

I like the program a lot so far.

I have had very few problems and I figure the ones I am having will get worked out. I am using it to transcode BluRays to mkv for streaming. I have done about 40 movies. So far a hand full would not transcode. CloneBD ran for about 2 minutes and finished. A couple movies made the transcode less than 2GBeven though I had it set to around 10.9GB. I found that setting it to 10.9GB usually results between 10.3GB and 10.5GB.

I'm just using Handbrake for the ones that wont transcode.

I like the program a lot so far.
Thank you, and its going to get better very soon. :agree:

I am probably saying something that is already been said, I bought CloneBD to make copies of my Blu-ray movies. I appreciate all the tech's that are chiming in to tell one and all how to make a copy of their Blu-ray movies using all kinds of free software. I didn't purchase CloneBD to just let it set on my computer desktop like a big reminder paperweight. I will explain what I have been doing to try to copy my Blu-ray movies without any success.
"I am not able to get the software to make a copy that will play on anything. I would like to know what I am doing wrong, if anything. I will tell you step by step what I do and see what you think.
I place my Blu-ray movie in the drive. AnyDVD HD reads it and then I select to make a copy of the movie only. It starts reading the movie and when it is through the drive tray opens and I put in a blank disk. It starts to write and when it is through the drive tray opens and there is a message on the computer that the copy was successful.
That is what I am doing. I would appreciate you telling me what to do to get it right. I have been using Slysoft software for a very long time. CloneDVD has worked like a charm every time."

Please read this and give me some helpful feedback that shows me, and everyone else that is having this problem, how to make copies using CloneBD.

Well said twothousandten.

Reason I bought it was to enable me to back up Blurays using AnyDVD HD/CloneBD, and watch on TV.
I too thought that was why they put it out in the first place.

I've also been trying to get real answers but either get ignored, or like you told to use other programs, or labelled a complainer take your pick. You'll get no answer because as of now, the combo doesn't work.

What gets me is they know it and extended the trial period for those folks but did nothing for people like us who bought it based on AnyDVD/CloneDVD's performance and attack you if you don't like it. See my earlier posts, some get down right nasty.

Well said twothousandten.

Reason I bought it was to enable me to back up Blurays using AnyDVD HD/CloneBD, and watch on TV.
I too thought that was why they put it out in the first place.
That's why I bought it too.

I've also been trying to get real answers but either get ignored, or like you told to use other programs, or labelled a complainer take your pick. You'll get no answer because as of now, the combo doesn't work.
That's because all you've been doing is complaining.......constantly.....in every thread you can find. There are problems. EVERYONE knows that. The developers know that. Giving useful information (logs, error messages, etc) is helpful. Constant complaining helps...how?

What gets me is they know it and extended the trial period for those folks but did nothing for people like us who bought it based on AnyDVD/CloneDVD's performance and attack you if you don't like it. See my earlier posts, some get down right nasty.
What do you want them to do, refund your money and then give you a Lifetime license?

Add another to the postive side...

Gone Girl

From complete iso using anydvd hd to movie only iso using bdclone

Compression setting 26.95gb came out to 23.2gb

Burned with imgburn

Works/looks great :clap:

Gone Girl

Burned with imgburn

That's good news for me, because I'm picking up that movie via Amazon tomorrow.

I want to test it out with CloneBD/AnyDVD HD/PowerDVD 14, and make sure that the iso is stable (by watching the entire movie via iso/PowerDVD 14) before I burn the result on a blank Blu-ray disc.

That's why I bought it too.

That's because all you've been doing is complaining.......constantly.....in every thread you can find. There are problems. EVERYONE knows that. The developers know that. Giving useful information (logs, error messages, etc) is helpful. Constant complaining helps...how?

What do you want them to do, refund your money and then give you a Lifetime license?

$20 off for everybody that bought in based on their well earned reputation would be fair.

Let me clue you in in something friend. Before retiring, I was a project engineer, not a programmer. I designed VFD motor control devices. My designs were tested, retested, field tested you name it before sold to the utility or whomever.

That said, I know first hand how new products should be brought up to speed before releasing. VFD CloneBD, doesn't matter process should still be the same or similar. In my case failure was my ass and multi-million dollars motors/generators not responding when needed if I didn't get it right. In this case it's "complaining" customers.

I know how new or revised product release process should work, at least with stuff that really matters. Did it, successfully BTW, for 30 years.

Proper release protocol simply wasn't done with cloneBD. I know it they know it. I'm not alone in being unhappy. Regardless it's legitimate criticism and not complaining as you continue to repeat over and over again.

What have you done beside defend a program that doesn't do what it says it will? I've earned the right to criticize. Been there/done that.

Why don't you just leave me alone, I'm not bothering you or "posting in every thread I can find". Your intelligence is showing again.

Gone Girl

Burned with imgburn

Glad for you, but needing Imgburn to get your back up is not what anyDVD HD/CloneBD combo is supposed to be all about. They alone should suffice.

@mmdavis.
I'd give up, all he's going to do is continually moan on with nothing constructive to say.

Complaining about something not working is fine, but to continually bleat on about the same thing over and over again with no logfiles is not constructive nor helpful. Once you report something is not working that should be enough until a newer version is released, you then see if it's been fixed and if not you then report you are still having problems with a logfile. A project engineer should know that.

Back