• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

anydvd 7.5.5.0 (BDPHash.bin 14.11.27)

hawkeye1951

I have just purchased CloneBD. At my first attempt to back up one of my blu-ray disks I received an error message advising me that I needed to install AnyDVD HD because the version I already have installed does not work with Blu-ray disks. I have a lifetime licence for CloneBD, CloneCD, CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. I went to the SlySoft web site and on the products page I selected AnyDVD HD. This took me to the download page and the option displayed was AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD 7.5.5.0 2014-12-23 11605 kB changelog . I selected this option and downloaded and installed this version of the program. On my attempt to back up a blu-ray disk using this version of AnyDVD I received the following warning This version of AnyDVD does not work with Blu-ray discs!
Please upgrade your keycode to AnyDVD HD
Am I able to obtain a new keycode to allow me to use AnyDVD HD, or do I have to purchase a keycode for AnyDVD HD before I can use CloneBD? If this is the case, then why wasn't this fact made clear when I purchased Clone BD?

You have a licence to anydvd which only works on DVDs you need to upgrade your licence to anydvd hd which works on DVDs and blu-ray disc

Sent from my SGP521 using Tapatalk

I received an error message advising me that I needed to install AnyDVD HD because the version I already have installed does not work with Blu-ray disks...why wasn't this fact made clear when I purchased Clone BD?

On SlySoft product page...

Please note that commercial Blu-rays might also require AnyDVD HD

http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonebd.html

Elaborate Bytes site doesn't mention that AnyDVD HD may be required though.

PS If you had trialled CloneBD before purchase, you would have seen that AnyDVD HD would be required.

Last edited:
Am I able to obtain a new keycode to allow me to use AnyDVD HD, or do I have to purchase a keycode for AnyDVD HD before I can use CloneBD?
CloneBD alone cannot disable any kind of copy protection. If you want to backup copy protected Blu-ray discs (i.e. 99,99% of all commercial discs), you're going to need AnyDVD HD. There are no different licenses or keycodes for CloneBD regarding the version of AnyDVD you are allowed to use, but there are different versions of AnyDVD: AnyDVD is for DVDs only, AnyDVD HD is for DVDs, HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs.

If this is the case, then why wasn't this fact made clear when I purchased Clone BD?
Because technically, AnyDVD HD isn't required in ordner to use CloneBD. In most European countries, it is not legal to advertise or sell software products that circumvent copy protections (and sometimes it's difficult to tell where journalistic or scientific description ends and advertisement begins). It is, however, perfectly legal to offer tools that can process unprotected media, which is why Elby would be allowed to even sell retail versions in stores. But if you want to use CloneBD to backup protected media, you need a tool that makes the disk look unprotected to CloneBD. This could be AnyDVD HD or another tool (if it existed).

Back