• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD speed

The hard drive shouldn't make a big difference, the usual reason is that it may be having issues reading the original disc

The November Man CloneBD 1.0.2.3 - 124 minutes vs. ClownBD - 50 minutes creating movie only BDiso from AnyDVD ripped files. Everything else the same.
What's the point in displaying video during processing? Should at least be able to turn it off.

W8.1x64
i7-3630QM 24GHz 24GB Nvidia GeForce GTX675M 2GB on AC power.

Last edited:
Welp, I've tried everything I can think of (rebooting, minimal apps running, updating hardware drivers, etc) but CloneBD still takes 10-20 hours to convert every disk I've tried. I guess I'll just set it aside and wait for an update that will hopefully fix the problem. :(

Welp, I've tried everything I can think of (rebooting, minimal apps running, updating hardware drivers, etc) but CloneBD still takes 10-20 hours to convert every disk I've tried. I guess I'll just set it aside and wait for an update that will hopefully fix the problem. :(

If you wanted to give it one last try you could download and run process explorer, to see what is using up all your ram?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

There is a guide here on using process explorer;

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_find_out_whos_using_all_my_memory.html

better throughput without video "status" - and you _can_ "turn" it off

I'm was doing a 1:1 partial copy from a BD folder structure to an ISO. The dumux-remux process was exceedingly slow. It was playing the complete movie in the window while it was doing the processing (why would I care to see that?). I took a chance and killed the Drone.libav.exe process and the video playback went away - and the processing speed doubled or tripled. I had to kill it again when I processed the next BD, but that's a small price for such a nice increase in processing speed.

I'm not sure what the benefit will be if you do this during an actual transcoding, but it doesn't hurt to try - right?

It still takes way to long to do a simple demux-remux, compared to other tools, but maybe that's something that can be improved in the near future.

elby: Please give us the option to turn off this playback - or maybe a setting to just put up a still every now and then, like CloneDVD2.

<bug> I also discovered that the elapsed time counter stoped when I paused processing, but did't start up again when I resumed. Even when I went to the next disc, it was still stuck at the old elapsed time.

Robert

Pretty good so far! Inglorious Bastards from .iso took 48 minutes. :rock:

i7 930 @4.2
16gb ram
Windoz 8.1
GTX 580 SLI

I get five instances of Drone.libav.exe in my process list when I start the conversion (folder files -> MP4). I selectively killed a couple of them with no apparent issues but killing a third instance caused CloneBD to immediatly fail with an error. It was an interesting idea, though. :)

In any event, I don't think preventing the video playback during conversion is going to help matters much for me.

If you wanted to give it one last try you could download and run process explorer, to see what is using up all your ram?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

There is a guide here on using process explorer;

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_find_out_whos_using_all_my_memory.html

The RAM isn't being eaten, CloneBD is just causing it all to get cached. So, no issues there as it turns out. The reason I said "That sucks" in my earlier post is because I thought I had finally located the problem. :p

Took three hours on GotG on my machine with a high end Radeon card as compared to about an hour using BDRebuilder. Don't see any advantage yet for us Radeon users. And the video is compressed even more than using BDRuilder.

My system has an i7-3820 (8-core) clocked by dxdiag at 3.8GHz, 16GB RAM and an NVidia GTX 670 (4GB internal RAM).

The 3820 is a 4 core with hyper-threading, not an 8 core CPU. The 3.8 is the turbo boost speed which may drop back down to base clock speed during the encode.

You could try download coreparking and telling it to run all cores at 100%. I've found under Win 7 that sometimes not all my cores are taken off park and have found that my encoding speeded up after using coreparking

Last edited:
I get five instances of Drone.libav.exe in my process list when I start the conversion (folder files -> MP4). I selectively killed a couple of them with no apparent issues but killing a third instance caused CloneBD to immediatly fail with an error. It was an interesting idea, though. :)

Still works for me, but I only get one instance during conversion and killing it during conversion doesn't cause any problems and does speed things up dramatically. But I wasn't transcoding, so perhaps transcoding is interacting with the player in a different way. I'm running Win7, if it matters.

Sorry it didn't work for you. Perhaps an option will be added in the future to turn this feature off or rein it in a bit.

Robert

Anyone reading this whole thread has to notice that's its the computers CPU and or whatever is also running in the background of your computer that is going to make a difference in the speeds, half the people here with rigs capable of a faster conversion have up to date rigs with 4 cores and not much running in the background using your CPU power. The program will run perfectly on any computer but some will have faster conversions and some will be slower. Every conversion program works like this. I use a computer that I build for conversions ( encoding, transcoding) it has a 6 Core 12thread processor, and its going to be faster than a 4 Core, its like 4 cyl car vs an 8 cyl car. LOL Now with all that said, speed should not be an issue when compressing a movie, I usually set my computer and go to bed, in the morning its done. I may do it a few times a week and I may only do it a few times a month, but to me its the quality that counts not the speed.

Last edited:
My system has an i7-3820 (8-core) clocked by dxdiag at 3.8GHz, 16GB RAM and an NVidia GTX 670 (4GB internal RAM).

1) Boot system (Windows 7), Skype will load and run, as will AnyDVD HD and Avast.
2) Once booted and AnyDVD has scanned the drive, run CloneBD. The disc is in the BD drive.
3) in CloneBD, I click on the drive (third icon on the right).
4) I click "Convert for a device". I leave everything else as it is (MP4 container, etc), and then "Continue".
5) I select the main feature and uncheck all subtitles. I click "Begin Conversion".

I've ripped stuff in the past using RipBot on this same machine and that tool never took more than two or three hours to rip anything.
The i7 3820 laptop processor only has 4 cores but has 8 threads, very good processor .

The i7 3820 laptop processor only has 4 cores but has 8 threads, very good processor .
Going by the rest of his specs it's not a laptop CPU it's a Sandybridge-e. The laptop CPU had a turbo of 3.7 with a base speed of 2.7

Last edited:
Actual multiple cores are great but I've never trusted that feature with "multithreading" a single processor so that it looks like 2 processors. Smoke and mirrors mostly especially when it comes to processor intensive tasking like CloneBD.

I was surprised that it took so long for the chip manufacturers to realize that more cores are better. That didn't happen until after the P4 but was known decades earlier that more cores are the way to multiplying computing power and was the basic architecture behind the "super computers" like Cray.

Last edited:
Going by the rest of his specs it's not a laptop CPU it's a Sandybridge-e. The laptop CPU had a turbo of 3.7 with a base speed of 2.7

You are right it is a desktop CPU but for the LGA 2011 motherboards. Its a good one too.

It's the lowest one you can get for the 2011 pin board

It's the lowest one you can get for the 2011 pin board
I know I just built a i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA 2011-v3 rig and I never even heard of that processor because the 3770K is LGA 1155. Its still a 300USD chipset and a good one for any purposes that you would need to handle most applications.

Last edited:
Super Slow

So I've read the thread. Glad it's not only me. The fact that it takes just slightly less time than the movie length for me to process a disc is not worth it for me. I'm used to ripping with ANYDVD and burning with IMGBURN in a fraction of the time it's going to take with CLONEBD. I think I was hoping for something more like CLONEDVD. I will try more discs to see but as of right now my previous method (even if I have to use a 50gb disc) is more efficient. :aiee:

Yea, after reading this thread, I have an older PC ( HP Pavilion p6210y - AMD Athlon II 620 Quad-Core with 8GB memory, and Nvidia Geforce 550 TI (1GB). So maybe that's why the whole copy process takes like 2 hours longer than the movie time (like 4.5 hours).

Back