• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD encoding question?

Darsk

Does CloneBD use its own transcoding technology or a version of x264, when encoding?

So far it I've tried it with several discs. The output quality is fairly good, and the GUI is easy to use. Most encodes only seem to take about an 1 hour on my system.

Not sure if I've phrased this question right, or its been answered in another post!

Thanks in advance.

No, it's libav. Although libav can use x264 libs

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

libav is based on the ffmpeg group it's a GPL free code to use, the decoding based on ffmpeg-mt which is what the ffdshow also used, I think all the shit hit the fan few yrs ago over how they wanted to go on as a group. If anyone remembers when you would use mpc-hc with ffdshow installed to play the bluray mkv's, then they came out with being able to bitstream DTSHD-MA 1st. To my knowledge ffdshow hasn't been updated in long time. Then LAV Filters came along, LAV Filters are a set of DirectShow filters based on the libavformat and libavcodec libraries from the ffmpeg project, which will allow you to play virtually any format in a DirectShow player. I only watch bluray mkv's or the M2ts file. Now that TrueHD plays just fine in mkv I watch everything with mpc-hc, it comes with LAV Filters built in to it and it's free!:clap:
Since I'm from US and 55 EUR is $68 is a bit high for me. Plus I can use x264 real easy, I have a AMD PC with new AMD video card that has latest opencl and accel video transcoding. The latest versions of x264 can now use my cpu and my video card to make a encode with a preset of very slow, me=uhm,subme=10,trellis=2, badapt=2 and lookahead=60 this part lookahead is where my gpu comes in... this used to take me about 8/9 hrs I always use about half of what the bitrate is untouched,if it's 24 MB/s my bitrate will be 12 and it takes about 5 hrs now. The guy that said he did one in an hour with cloneBD, I doubt he used the settings I just said.
Is there an advanced section where you can choose different settings?
Off target a bit but long ago I would of bought it, then I wouldn't of learned anything :D I hope it does well for them because without AnyDvdHd NONE of this would of been possible!Almost all the bluray transcoders/encoders that are in the normal people wallet range will use some form of GPL codacs. Even my Samsung 3D Smart TV uses ffmpeg code to play the movies from the usb hard drive. I'll probably test it out after it gets settled in, I guess there was beta testers?

Back