• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD Too Expensive

MarkSnyder61

I found that ImToo has BluRay Ripper for half the price and encodes faster than CloneBD does. I have version 7 and it also supports 3D already.

Last edited:
Don't know what your point is, but.

I found that ImToo has BluRay Ripper for half the price and encodes faster than CloneBD does. I have version 7 and it also supports 3D already.

I was willing to pay the "whatever" price for CloneBD. With the support, updates, and forum answers, plus all the other software I own from slysoft, they are on top of their game and were able to save me with last minute updates that are priceless!

CloneBD vs ImToo

I tried ImToo a few years ago and wasn't happy with the quality. I have owned Clone DVD and AnyDVD (lifetime) for quite a few years now and have always been happy with their products so I got the lifetime license for CloneBD I am sure whatever bugs will be worked out soon.

CloneBD

I was willing to pay the "whatever" price for CloneBD. With the support, updates, and forum answers, plus all the other software I own from slysoft, they are on top of their game and were able to save me with last minute updates that are priceless!

Yes good companies but CloneBD is not owned by Slysoft. CloneBD is owned by Elby. I think they could have offered a steeper discount for their most loyal customers is all I'm saying.

I have lifetime updates for AnyDVD HD, Clone DVD and CloneDVD mobile.
The alternatives just aren't as good.
However, it is expensive when there are free or cheap alternatives out there that work most of the time.
Unless it works 100% of the time for the features I want it's too little too late
I am waiting to see if they get the bugs out and add some features before I buy.

Unless it works 100% of the time for the features I want it's too little too late
I am waiting to see if they get the bugs out and add some features before I buy.
I agree 100% with you.I'm waiting to fix them all bugs elby,also i want to see H265 HEVC encoding(half size much much more better video quality),and 3D support.Then i will buy a lifetime license.I don't care about 20% discount.I just need a app,which will do,what i need...

Well you can take a look at bd-rebuilder then in the mean time. It does both. 3d and h265

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC Sensation met Tapatalk

Well you can take a look at bd-rebuilder then in the mean time. It does both. 3d and h265

bd-rebuilder never like to me UI.Also,i think it doesn't support hardware acceleration...too slow for my needs.

Last edited:
It does for x264. It just doesn't specifically support cuda. For me the GUI I could care less, it's what the software can do that matters for me.

I assume you meant h264 with BD-Rebuilder, or does it use support h265 now?
I was surprised that CloneBD doesn't support 3D yet since the latest X264 encoder does support 3D. That's how BD-Rebuilder got it working and should be an easy fix for CloneBD unless they are not using X264.

Last edited:
No, I mean h265. Jdobbs added support for it a few versions ago with lab filters.

It does for x264. It just doesn't specifically support cuda. For me the GUI I could care less, it's what the software can do that matters for me.

Like you said in H264.Not for H265.
What to do the h265 encoding,if must wait 4-5 hours?I don't dare to think any 2K or 4K encoding.I will be 80 years old untill it finished.:eek: For me the GUI is the most important thing,because save me time,and make me use an app all the time.
GUI,quick support,features,and speed are the reasons for someone give some money.

With bdrb the GUI doesn't matter. You configure it once, and then there's one 1 button that matters. Hit 'backup' and wait until it's done
Anyway we're getting off topic, as the feature page for clonebd states, support for 3d and h265 will be added in a later version. After all the current release is only a public beta and get from complete/done.

I can understand both sides

I can understand both sides of the situation. I have a hard time shelling out that much for smaller programs, which usually are between $30-40 USD. However, I have to agree with all the rest. Once I had a hard time with a Blu-ray not playing (Divergent), and within 9 hours, they had given me a beta update, which overcame the problem. I don't think there's better service I've had with any software. I have appreciated what it does for about 10 years now and recommended it to many. I haven't had any problems. The only problem is some companies creating (especially Sony and Disney -- "The Call" (Sony) has Cinavia, making it impossible to watch if I even have a Pioneer multi-region BD player!!!! Also tried copying the DVD and the Blu-ray 5x. Cost me $15 in blanks and they (both) would blow up at 71% completion. Ought to be illegal. I have a legal right to back up my own discs.) discs that try to go a notch up and make it that much more impossible for us to back up our own discs, so I go without being able to play it -- but only for a little while until AnyDVD HD is updated and I can watch it again. I don't think I have a disc I can't watch and I own 4611 discs according to my database, and I am still cataloging them with a few hundred more, both DVD and Blu-ray. In any case, I am just glad I have what I have. I'm glad I bought it in the day when it was probably have of what it is now. But I'd get it at the current price again if I had to. (NB -- what's more, very often, and right now for CloneBD, products are 20% off. In fact, they are usually more on sale than not, it seems -- an even better deal! I got my CloneBD for under $100 USD).

I also thought it was too expensive. Espically for those of us who already have everything else. I've been a loyal customer for years and I got the same discount that everybody gets.

Price is fine with me

I didn't find it too expensive - considering how little many software companies make on their products these days, and how most companies are starting to severely limit any kind of "lifetime" license, I'm grateful that SlySoft/Elby still offer lifetime licenses.

I think people have gotten too used to cheap phone apps that cost $5 and such, so paying $100 for something seems insane. But considering the amount of work they put into it, and the support they provide, it seems well worth it to me.

I also thought it was too expensive. Espically for those of us who already have everything else. I've been a loyal customer for years and I got the same discount that everybody gets.

Sorry, I do not see it that way at all. I too have many Slysoft products. I have CloneDVD, CloneDVD Mobile, AND AnyDVD then Upgraded to AnyDVDHD. I purchased these MANY years ago back when they all came with lifetime updates and upgrades. I have not paid Slysoft any money in Years, but they have dutifully kept me up to date since then. Sometimes AnyDVDHD is updated every week, yet they ask me for no more money.

They ONLY thing Slysoft owes to its customers is the best product they can create and then offer it to its Customers. Now they have gone to subscriptions but they still offer lifetime updates for those of us who wish to purchase them. Heck, they even offered me a 20% discount on this new CloneBD product and that is the price they would give me if I were purchasing a bundled product. I was proud to purchase this product at their asking price, purchased a lifetime license knowing that it will be many, many more years before I will probably have the need to spend any more money with them and they tell me its "okay". " I will continue working for you because YOU deserve it", AND I will be using their products for years to come. They are loyal to their customers, and I deserve to be loyal to them if I continue to use their products after such time as I think I have gotten my monies worth.

They have to pay their employees, programmers etc. to keep these updates going out and if every one purchases the lifetime license there is no more money coming in. I think the price for the program is reasonable AND warranted to keep US happy with them. I know I sound like a shill for the company, I am not, They give us a structured pricing schedule and we can either purchase it or not, but without money coming in, programs do not get made.

DiverJ

Last edited:
We have to help elby/Slysoft get this program right.

Sorry, I do not see it that way at all. I too have many Slysoft products. I have CloneDVD, CloneDVD Mobile, AND AnyDVD then Upgraded to AnyDVDHD. I purchased these MANY years ago back when they all came with lifetime updates and upgrades. I have not paid Slysoft any money in Years, but they have dutifully kept me up to date since then. Sometimes AnyDVDHD is updated every week, yet they ask me for no more money.

They ONLY thing Slysoft owes to its customers is the best product they can create and then offer it for sale. Now they have gone to subscriptions but they still offer lifetime updates for those of us who wish to purchase them. Heck, they even offered me a 20% discount on this new CloneBD product and that is the price they would give me if I were purchasing a bundled product. I was proud to purchase this product at their asking price, purchased a lifetime license knowing that it will be many, many more years before I will probably have the need to spend any more money with them and they say its okay. I will continue working for you because I deserve it, AND I will be using their products for years to come. They are loyal to their customers, and I deserve to be loyal to them if I continue to use their products after such time as I think I have gotten my monies worth.

They have to pay their employees, programmers etc. to keep these updates going out and if every one purchases the lifetime license no more money coming in. I think the price for the program is reasonable AND warranted to keep US happy with them. I know I sound like a shill for the company, I am not, They give us a structured pricing schedule and we can either purchase it or not, but without money coming in, programs do not get made.

DiverJ

+1

I just got paid today, and I decided to spring up and purchase a lifetime license of CloneBD for my PC.

Elby/Slysoft will work out the bugs that are present in the program right now, we just have to ONE: report the bugs to them, and TWO: be patient.

:bowdown:

When you guys get this working I will gladly pay full price. Until then 20 percent off is not a discount.

Last edited:
Back