• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

region issues

squidracerX

if you change the region setting of your dvd drive wont that lock it into that region setting forever after afew times!? at least thats what i heard, maybe thats an internet rumor? i am trying to make R21 copies of soem, R2 BBC DVDs i bought ,and i cant get it to work with anyDVD and CloneDVD, I will upgrade to the newest version of AnyDVD though.

if you change the region setting of your dvd drive wont that lock it into that region setting forever after afew times!? at least thats what i heard, maybe thats an internet rumor? i am trying to make R21 copies of soem, R2 BBC DVDs i bought ,and i cant get it to work with anyDVD and CloneDVD, I will upgrade to the newest version of AnyDVD though.

Backups made with Anydvd are region free. However, Anydvd and Clonedvd do not convert PAL to NTSC nor vice versa.

Last edited:
you could also flash the drive with an RPC-1 firmware and make the drive region free

voids your warranty

so there is no way to make a R2 play on a R1?

so I bought and own R2 DVDs from Britain, there is no way to use AnyDVD and CloneCD to make a copy that will play on a R1 DVD player? Fortunatly i have unlocked my DVD player so it plays them, but i wanted to bring them to friends houses who's players won't be unlocked :( nuts. I thought i would be able to make it "region free" and that meant i could play them on any VDD player. doh!

Hi :)
squidracerX,
As Webslinger points out.
"Backups made with Anydvd are region free."
As such should play on any player.
If you're referring to PAL <> NTSC conversion.
Again a lot of modern stand alone players will play either.
I can play either with my stand alone, into my PAL TV OK.
I'm R2 'UK'.
You may have to go into the menu of the stand alone player.
Mine has PAL or NTSC or Auto.

Zebadee is exactly right. All discs backed up with AnyDVD are region free and should play in any DVD Player.:agree:

hmmm?

k, thanks, i tried the dvd and it plays in my player, but again i unlocked mine to be region free.... I will give it to my bro to see if he can do something with it in the menus of his DVD player.... it may just be his player then! :) thanks!

Back