• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Transfering DVD movie from DVD drive to SD card using Clone2DVD

wayne1938

Hope this is the right place for this question.
I just bought a tablet that has a micro SD card slot. I also picked up a 32Gig card and want to put movies on it for those long airline trips.
I have tried several different things and can't get the movies to load on the card where it can be played. I also transferred a movie to a thumb drive, tried to get it to play on my desktop computer and no luck there either.
I want to try getting the movies from the DVD drive to the card using DVD Clone2, is that possible and if so how do you do it.?
It may be a format problem, but I am totally in the dark as what to do to get a movie on the card.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Wayne

First things first, in order to be able to use a thumb drive with your tablet you need to root it. Without root, you can't mount the drive. Now for the DVD part, it is possible but I afaik there is no player (on android or iOS) that can play a full DVD structure. It's not a format problem either. The easiest way is to output the movie into a mobile file such as .mp4, .mkv, ... Then all you need is a player that can play that format ( in case of android the best one is MX Player) and your good to go. Insert SD card, fire up MX player, done.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks for that info

The tablet is a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 8.1.
I can see what you are saying about mp4 and mkv.
Will go that route and see what happens.

Thanks again :)

I can't help you with tablets running Windows. No clue what the best video player is for that tablet is. Looks more like a keyboardless laptop to me than a tablet.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

powedvd mobile

if your dell tablet is not the rt version of windows, rather the full blown windows 8.1 you should be able to download Power Dvd mobile, and it should play your dvd (video ts) with no problem. Now keep in mind, that this is just my own personal opinion, as I have not played with any windows tablets. They do state that you can't download programs to an RT tablet unless as stated previously you "root" it. But if you have the full 8.1, try downloading powerdvd mobile. good luck.

ok late but I thought CloneDVD is slysoft product not Clone2DVD that isn't a Slysoft product but another software that claims to look like Slysoft but isn't so to the OP are you talking about Slysoft CloneDVD or something else and if CloneDVD what version are you using? You want to transfer move to SD card for playback that requires CloneDVDMobile not CloneDVD that copies only back to DVD-AFAIK.

Last edited:
Back