• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Quiet Ones again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liongate is not a cheap studio

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The film was primarily produced by Hammer Films in the UK - known for doing relatively low budget horrors of this type.
http://www.imdb.com/company/co0103101/?ref_=ttco_co_2

Lionsgate handled US film distribution. I don't know which actually handled the DVD copy protection.
If it was Lionsgate - then they were testing something "too radical" on a disk that "didn't matter" too much.
-W

Another quick work-around.
EXIT AnyDVD completely.
Start DVDShrink 3.2 (freeware)
Do NOT "open disk" as usual.
Go directly to re-author mode - navigate to and select only title 20.
Rip that... it's the whole movie. :)

-W

In the meantime, thought I would try this suggestion. Worked just fine. :agree:

This worked for me

I don't normally post here but I thought since everyone has helped me out in the past its my turn.

After several attempts and many ruined dvd-r's I figured it out. Well sort of. This is going off what someone said earlier about burning chapter 20. I am going to walk you though it so that you can figure it out. BC I am not very knoweledgable about this and I'm sure many others aren't

This will only allow you to burn the main movie. No menus or extras. Fine for me but I did want to let everyone know. I am using CloneDVD and AnyDVD.

-First on the main screen select the top option "Copy DVD Titles".
-On the next step click on the dvd from the pulldown menu as normal.
-When you get to this part the first chapter "46" should be highlighted and have a check mark next to it. Unclick that so its clear and click the next one that says chapter "20".
-You should start seeing the preview play. (if you select the other ones after a min or so it will come up with an error.)
-Make sure no other chapters are selected.
-Then click next and the audio screen will go through its normal scanning and then hit next.
-And the final screen click on the dvd writer (at least that's what I'm doing) and click "GO"

I burned it and popped it in a regular dvd player. It went right into the movie with no menus or previews (not a big deal for me) and started the movie immediately. The subtitles were on for some reason but a click of the subtitle button on the remote removed them without issue. I fast forward though the chapters and everything seemed fine!!

I hope this helps. Please post if it does or does not work. I got this info from others here but it wasn't explained in depth so I thought I'd take the chance to do so.

Good luck and thanks to everyone that helps in this forum. you are the reason we figure a lot of this out. And thanks mostly to the developers! without you we would all be no where. you make the updates so quick its never even a thought. I hope they didn't beat you on this one. LOL. ;)

Thanks again everyone.

The other copies goes into a loop at the main menu...and possibly will play if you skip Scene 1.... or maybe not.

Don't matter, I got back-up. I is happy ! :bowdown::bowdown:

You're not the first to report that at all!
Copy protection is one thing. Violating the defined "DVD-Standard" is quite another.
This DVDis from a cheap studio - they obviously screwed the pootch on it.
-W

I was able to do this movie by deselecting title 46 and selecting title 20
Also had to select AC-3/6 and AC-3/2 (AC-3/6 was no selected by default)
Had problems reading around 60%, the drive slowed down drastically however it recovered.
Could it be that some drives can't read or recover at around 60% (I have a Plextor 760)

View attachment AnyDVD_7.5.1.1_Info_F_THE_QUIET_ONES.ziplog

SolutionFor The Quiet Ones

No I am not a troll or hater of AnyDVD. I bought my license over 8 years ago but I wanted to let users know that while I am confident that Slysoft will come out with a solution, another program DVDFAB has already updated there software to work with The Quiet Ones.

No I am not a troll or hater of AnyDVD. I bought my license over 8 years ago but I wanted to let users know that while I am confident that Slysoft will come out with a solution, another program DVDFAB has already updated there software to work with The Quiet Ones.

Right....
You've only made two posts ever on this forum - both promoting a competitor.
Double posting is against the rules in general - yours however is worse. :policeman:
Here's the rules:
https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?4-SlySoft-Forum-Rules
-W

Last edited:
I was starting to freak out when mine wouldn't copy. This is only the second time in I don't know how many years I've had AnyDVD (I believe it to be well over 8 years, 3 in the forums) that it hasn't been able to copy a disc. At first I was thinking it was CloneDVD that was the problem, since it was lagging around 97%. I left all the other programs in favor of these close to a decade ago and refer them out to my friends on a steady basis. I have no doubt the team will figure it out, unfortunately my copy is going back to the box today. My wife got to see it, but I didn't. She said it wasn't that good anyway.

Whats going on we usually have a fix quicker than the competion i won't say names but they had a fix for this yesterday morning .Faster updates was one of the reasons i renewed my subscription to anydvd

Whats going on we usually have a fix quicker than the competion i won't say names but they had a fix for this yesterday morning .Faster updates was one of the reasons i renewed my subscription to anydvd
Maybe they are in vacation

i dont have time to read rules

Right....
You've only made two posts ever on this forum - both promoting a competitor.
Double posting is against the rules in general - yours however is worse. :policeman:
Here's the rules:
https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?4-SlySoft-Forum-Rules
-W
how does it feel to still be waiting for a fix crying over spilled milk while i can enjoy a fully working backup of the entire dvd anytime I wish not just the main movie :policeman:

how does it feel to still be waiting for a fix crying over spilled milk while i can enjoy a fully working backup of the entire dvd anytime I wish not just the main movie :policeman:

The movie sucks! Who's gonna cry over spilled "sour" milk!! :doh:

how does it feel to still be waiting for a fix crying over spilled milk while i can enjoy a fully working backup of the entire dvd anytime I wish not just the main movie

Now dude, you are just being a total dick. You are not starting off too well in a new forum.

You have a subscription to AnyDVD? You mean, like, you pay every year or something?
I bought a lifetime license for AnyDVD years ago. (saving hundreds now)
This "Z Movie" is the first one I can't remember being "cracked" before/ on/ next to/ release day.
Unlike major titles, there was no advance warning that this DVD was so hosed.
I'm guessing logfiles were not enough in this case. (DVD violates DVD-Standard)
So now they have to order from Amazon to Antigua.....
Snail mail = Clamazon speed

-W

Last edited:
This thread is getting very childish and I think I'll close it for now, there is nothing in this thread that is important, certainly not anyone helping here. So you have succeeded in making me close this thread. Please don't do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back