• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The Quiet Ones again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Quiet Ones (again)

I tried using 7.5.1.0 and it doesn't work either.......It takes about 5 minutes to scan the disc, but then neither Clone DVD, Roxio,Nero, ImgBurn,Windows DVD Maker, or ant other ones can burn it. They all say its a "protected" disc.....

I tried using 7.5.1.0 and it doesn't work either.......It takes about 5 minutes to scan the disc, but then neither Clone DVD, Roxio,Nero, ImgBurn,Windows DVD Maker, or ant other ones can burn it. They all say its a "protected" disc.....

Several "work-arounds" to get the Main Movie only have been presented. Read the whole threads.
I'm sure a patch will soon appear to handle the full disk.
-W

Last edited:
I burned it and popped it in a regular dvd player. It went right into the movie with no menus or previews (not a big deal for me) and started the movie immediately.

Yanno.... All you "Power-users" (snicker) who normally compress the whole disk to fit on a DVD-5 crack me up.
Compression = quality loss. And there's nothing really worth seeing more than once on a DVD other than the movie.
If you use the method that we are (for the moment) forced to use on this title all the time, and take just the Main Movie.
You'll have a much better output product with little or no compression effects.
Less = More
-W

Why does it look like there are 4 versions of this movie on the disc? Is only 1 needed to backup?

Last edited:
Yanno.... All you "Power-users" (snicker) who normally compress the whole disk to fit on a DVD-5 crack me up.
Compression = quality loss. And there's nothing really worth seeing more than once on a DVD other than the movie.
If you use the method that we are (for the moment) forced to use on this title all the time, and take just the Main Movie.
You'll have a much better output product with little or no compression effects.
Less = More
-W

Which title is the main movie? Preview looks like all 4 are.

I don't normally post here but I thought since everyone has helped me out in the past its my turn.

After several attempts and many ruined dvd-r's I figured it out. Well sort of. This is going off what someone said earlier about burning chapter 20. I am going to walk you though it so that you can figure it out. BC I am not very knoweledgable about this and I'm sure many others aren't

This will only allow you to burn the main movie. No menus or extras. Fine for me but I did want to let everyone know. I am using CloneDVD and AnyDVD.

-First on the main screen select the top option "Copy DVD Titles".
-On the next step click on the dvd from the pulldown menu as normal.
-When you get to this part the first chapter "46" should be highlighted and have a check mark next to it. Unclick that so its clear and click the next one that says chapter "20".
-You should start seeing the preview play. (if you select the other ones after a min or so it will come up with an error.)
-Make sure no other chapters are selected.
-Then click next and the audio screen will go through its normal scanning and then hit next.
-And the final screen click on the dvd writer (at least that's what I'm doing) and click "GO"

I burned it and popped it in a regular dvd player. It went right into the movie with no menus or previews (not a big deal for me) and started the movie immediately. The subtitles were on for some reason but a click of the subtitle button on the remote removed them without issue. I fast forward though the chapters and everything seemed fine!!

I hope this helps. Please post if it does or does not work. I got this info from others here but it wasn't explained in depth so I thought I'd take the chance to do so.

Good luck and thanks to everyone that helps in this forum. you are the reason we figure a lot of this out. And thanks mostly to the developers! without you we would all be no where. you make the updates so quick its never even a thought. I hope they didn't beat you on this one. LOL. ;)

Thanks again everyone.

Has anyone tried the method I mentioned above?? Did it work for anyone else?

There is nothing to figure out, slysoft is working on a fix, some patience is needed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

The Quiet Ones Still Doesn't Backup

There is nothing to figure out, slysoft is working on a fix, some patience is needed

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks friend. Slysoft has always come through one way or the other. So I will certainly exercise patience and confidence with this issue. :agree:

Thanks friend. Slysoft has always come through one way or the other. So I will certainly exercise patience and confidence with this issue. :agree:

Part of the reason is that this was a "B Movie" of sorts. As such no advance alarms were raised, or early logs sent in, as happens with big releases.
Yesterday was brand new news..... :)
-W

Quiet Ones

Another quick work-around.
EXIT AnyDVD completely.
Start DVDShrink 3.2 (freeware)
Do NOT "open disk" as usual.
Go directly to re-author mode - navigate to and select only title 20.
Rip that... it's the whole movie. :)

-W
Thanks, for this information and directions. It worked, the movie looks great !

DVDFab cracked it. Here is a quote from them about this disk.

Q: Why did this one take so long to fix?
A: The authoring on this disc is such that it will not even play 100% correctly on a CSS-licensed player. The people that make the anti-copying code for movie discs walk a fine line between producing a disc that is difficult to copy and one that is not playable or has poor playability. We think that on this one, they crossed that line. Correcting the unusual and actually non-compliant authoring took longer than normal.

Q: Can this odd authoring be demonstrated easily?
A: Yes, take the following steps:
  • On your PC, start a licensed player such as Total Media Theater 6 (used for our tests). Turn off any on-the-fly decrypters.
  • Insert the original disc and select "Play from beginning " if necessary.
  • When the menu finally appears, select "Scene Selection"
  • From the Scene menu, select "2" (upper right).
  • When playback of the movie begins, click on the time scale to move playback to around 1:36, near the end of the movie (you should see the end credits playing now)
  • Near the end of the credit roll, the animated Lionsgate logo should begin to play and about 28 seconds later your player will freeze and eventually crash.
Note: We do not recommend that you try this with a standalone player, the results are unpredictable and possibly damaging. Try it with TMT6 at your own risk, you may need to use Task Manager to get the TMT process to end and release the disc.

Last edited:
The Quiet Ones 2014

Will not copy. I even tried the clone work around offered and it still doesn't work correctly.
VERY Doubtful it did the whole disk.
If it did - then post up a logfile from 7.5.0.0.

-W

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.1.0_Info_F_THE_QUIET_ONES.ziplog
    905.2 KB · Views: 1
The Quiet Ones Region1

Hi All

I hate to say this, but I'm having difficulty just playing the disc in a stand-alone player. They lock up and won't eject until I unplug them and eject quickly when plugging it back in. Tried a few different players. One old Sony seemed to work for a couple of chapters. Disc has gone back for exchange. Hoping the new disc will be better. I don't think it is entirely a Software fault, but I have faith a new and revised beta version might help deal with it eventually.

I was able to get it to come up in AnyDVD V 7.5.1.1 after a few minutes of polite messages. Might be a ton of Structural issues on the disc since it took much longer than usual.

Using CloneDVD2, I created an ISO of Title 20 and one of Title 40. It seems that Title 40 may be the correct one on this disk. Title 20 is about 1:28 long and Title 40 appears to be about 1:38, which appears to be the proper length for this movie. I haven't watched them yet, but they both seem to work if I fast forward through the ISO files. Title 40 would have my vote as being correct on this disc version. I'll burn Title 40 to disc and see how it goes. Time, Chapters, and Structure look ok with 40. I'll post back if it does NOT work. Otherwise, if I don't rant about it not working, consider it temporarily solved.

I tried a full backup by deselecting Title 46 and there was no love to be had, even using a DVD9 setting.

I'm hoping there is a fix sometime soon, but I'm happy if I can watch just the complete title. Couldn't even do that with the original disc without it locking up the players.

I had a couple of drives fail after a similar situation a year or so ago. I don't remember the title, but two drives went south after sounding like they were in the middle of a combat zone.

Thanks for the continued efforts!

Hi All

I hate to say this, but I'm having difficulty just playing the disc in a stand-alone player.

You're not the first to report that at all!
Copy protection is one thing. Violating the defined "DVD-Standard" is quite another.
This DVDis from a cheap studio - they obviously screwed the pootch on it.
-W

You're not the first to report that at all!
Copy protection is one thing. Violating the defined "DVD-Standard" is quite another.
This DVDis from a cheap studio - they obviously screwed the pootch on it.
-W

Liongate is not a cheap studio

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back