• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

That's not what I said. Where is your proof of someone from slysoft saying it will never be released? Oh wait, you don't have that because they never said such a thing. What I said was that we use that February thing to refer to something not being ready for release yet, not that it was canceled and never will be released. Don't twist my words please

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Calm down!!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!! Sorry I’m over reacting!!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!

You don’t get me friend. Not mates, eww. I barely know you. Call me…

I know about the February thing with software in general, I just thought for a moment as it was mike_r and he was saying he would not make any changes to Clown_BD and it’s been another year, SlyCE may have been made available is some way earlier this year.

How many years (5,6,7,10?) is proof enough that it’s not coming out? It could come out tomorrow but lots of stuff could happen tomorrow. I hope it will but I don’t think it will.

With other programs that do the same kind of thing, Disc sales going way down and rental stores disappearing what is the incentive for SlySoft to do it now or in a year or two? They would sell some copies sure, (I’ll buy one) but not as many as they could have in the last 8 years.

I just think too many people are used to streaming stuff now and have gotten used to the lower quality and like the ease of use more. Not to mention the bittorrent stuff. They can get a 400mb hour show and are ok with the quality because it’s free and easy. My mom has Amazon Prime and the HD shows are as good as watching them on cable. Not as good as good as an HD Disc but larger and larger chunks of the public don’t care.

Clown_BD is really at end of life actually. I don't have any plans to change it. We've all been using SlyCE since February anyway.

...as you see, I quoted myself in my 1st post showing that Clown_BD is over 5 years old now. In the meantime the cost per TB of storage is now so low that I doubt anyone cares about shaving off a few GB to save space. I rarely use Clown_BD myself nowadays due to this very reason. From time to time I might do a BD-->DVD conversion to watch at my folks place. That functionality just works.

Clown_BD is really at end of life actually. I don't have any plans to change it. We've all been using SlyCE since February anyway.

Back on topic (Clown_BD) here. Any chance of open-sourcing this? I'd like to make some customizations to fit my workflow.

Today I use batch mode and then edit the batch file afterward. I used to hand-edit it but it got so tedious that I wrote a separate program just to modify the batch file to my liking.

...as you see, I quoted myself in my 1st post showing that Clown_BD is over 5 years old now. In the meantime the cost per TB of storage is now so low that I doubt anyone cares about shaving off a few GB to save space. I rarely use Clown_BD myself nowadays due to this very reason. From time to time I might do a BD-->DVD conversion to watch at my folks place. That functionality just works.

I still find Clown_BD very useful, not so much for saving space, but for cutting out the BS on Blu-ray discs, which is the reason I started ripping in the first place. MKV format does not work as well for me on my player (Dune HD Base 3.0) so Clown_BD is still my go-to ripper.

I totally hear what you are saying. I don’t do it just for shaving off a few extra GBs, that is a plus but mostly its all the garbage that you have to go through on some discs just to watch the movie. It’s nice to load the ISO and just start the move. I guess you could use the SlySoft Speedmenu but sometimes its hard to select the right playlist.

That being said. On my 32TB NAS I have a real 29TB left after the “a TB is not a TB it’s a TiB” BS. Then the RAID takes it’s due and I have 25.8TB. I have about 600 movies taking up 15TB, they average 26GB each and I’ve used BDRB on a few and I can’t tell the difference between the 25GB original and the 10-15GB transcodes. That would save a ton of space but it’s too slow (hours and hours) and clunky.

Last edited:
i'm trying to make backups of all my blurays with only forced subtitiles available. if clownbd detects no forced subtitles to make a backup copy with NO subtitles selected, so a backup that contains no subtitles??

On movies where it does detect forced subtitiles i know it make a file saying whatever FORCED.sup how do you then make a backup using just that subtitle file?

i'm trying to make backups of all my blurays with only forced subtitiles available. if clownbd detects no forced subtitles to make a backup copy with NO subtitles selected, so a backup that contains no subtitles??

On movies where it does detect forced subtitiles i know it make a file saying whatever FORCED.sup how do you then make a backup using just that subtitle file?

I use Clown_BD exclusively for creating movie only backups which I output to BD folders (BDMV) and burn to BD-R. The only subtitle track that I want selected by default is the forced subtitle track if present with the exception of foreign language films. As such, I have the "Force Subtitles" option in Clown_BD set accordingly. I do include all English subtitle tracks however. Once generating the folder output I then always test prior to burning to BD-R using TotalMedia Theatre 6 (TMT) which supports BD folder playback as to ensure the forced subs if present and not burned in are selected by default. When testing in TMT if a subtitle track is selected by default I know that is the subtitle track containing the forced subs and test to confirm. If no subtitle track is selected by default and I know the title contains forced subs, once determining that the forced subs aren't burned in I hit up each of the subtitle tracks until I find the one that contains only the forced subs. I then set the particular subtitle track to be selected by default using a tool called "Set Default BD Tracks", a small utility authored by Rotty Dog here on the forums. If I only wanted the forced subs included as in your case one simply needs to generate the folder output again using Clown_BD, but this time ensuring the "Force Subtitles" option is set to always have subtitles turned on, the particular subtitle track being the only one selected, then testing to confirm using TMT. Simple enough.

Last edited:
new crash?

hi mike/all:
attempted to use Clown_BD today and experienced a crash/hang on startup. Error message per Windows 7:

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Clown_BD_v0.81.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.81
Application Timestamp: 4abd129c
Hang Signature: 124b
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 124bcc5b6085e5480f563d03f8c54d1e
Additional Hang Signature 2: 0d1c
Additional Hang Signature 3: 0d1c96bbf0d8b8a081a8558ed23d82a9
Additional Hang Signature 4: 124b
Additional Hang Signature 5: 124bcc5b6085e5480f563d03f8c54d1e
Additional Hang Signature 6: 0d1c
Additional Hang Signature 7: 0d1c96bbf0d8b8a081a8558ed23d82a9

I have used Clown_BD hundreds of times but have never had any issue with it until now. Java is up to date. Has anyone experienced this error? Can anyone help? please let me know if need to post any additional logs
thanks!
-brian

Will not open DTs file

suddenly having a problem with Clown_BD. It processes the disc through the third eac pass but then at the end it says it can't open the DTS master audio file and stops. I'm trying to figure what is causing this now. I've been using clown for many years without problem until now. Using anydvd hd current version. I am able to rip using anydvd hd and use makemkv. Both work fine. It's just clown that seems to be the problem.

Perhaps corrupt eac or clown gui file?

Last edited:
It has to do with ea3to. This is really a problem with dolby atmos. Ive researched online an did notice a new release of ea3to that supports truehd ac3 core separation fix. You can simply try a newer version of ea3to. I never get errors with blurays but use a different interface. I do things the old way. Using a gui for the last steps but pulling the movie using tsmuxer. I got a ton of youtube videos teaching you guys how to use these tools in third party forums. cant miss the thread......later

It has to do with ea3to. This is really a problem with dolby atmos. Ive researched online an did notice a new release of ea3to that supports truehd ac3 core separation fix. You can simply try a newer version of ea3to. I never get errors with blurays but use a different interface. I do things the old way. Using a gui for the last steps but pulling the movie using tsmuxer. I got a ton of youtube videos teaching you guys how to use these tools in third party forums. cant miss the thread......later

I ran into an abnormal log with Clown_BD when I made a backup recently. I forget what movie it was but Atmos audio was present. Nonetheless, ea3to had some issues with the extra channel data but things completed without dying. With the release of eac3to 3.28 and now eac3to 3.29 the the extra channel data can be processed. I simply replaced the existing version of eac3to (3.27) that came with Clown_BD with the updated release.

Last edited:
Hey Guys

Long time no visit. Is Clown dead? What is the best replacement?

thx

bob

I just noticed that I have "Remove Last Second From Video/Audio" selected and have no clue when I accidentally checked that. Is there anything in the extraction logs that hint at whether that option was turned on?

EDIT: Wait, if I'm just using Clown_BD to extract streams, that option shouldn't affect anything, right? I just checked the file sizes and they were identical...

Last edited:
Hi just wondering what i should/should not update for Clown BD
Aften
Eac3to
Mencoder
Muxman
tsMuxer
BDSup2Sub

For the most part everything looks like it easy to update except the BDSup2Sub. The contents in the jar file looks different and it look like some things are missing from the newer version vs whats comes with the full package download of ClownBD. Which apps is everyone manually updating?

Hi just wondering what i should/should not update for Clown BD
Aften
Eac3to
Mencoder
Muxman
tsMuxer
BDSup2Sub

For the most part everything looks like it easy to update except the BDSup2Sub. The contents in the jar file looks different and it look like some things are missing from the newer version vs whats comes with the full package download of ClownBD. Which apps is everyone manually updating?

Definitely do not update BDSup2Sub. The command-line options have changed and Clown will still try to use the old options, resulting in never locating forced subs properly.

Ok thanks just to be clear eac3to is the only one I should update? (Never touch BDSup2Sub)
Im running Windows 10 and get a Java runtime error. I click ignore as Java is updated.(Unless i have the wrong one)

Back