• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Drive Is Not Ready Error

dan001

Hi,

I have been ripping my X-Files DVDs to ISOs and all have been fine except for one. When inserted, it seems as though the scanning is successful but when I try to either rip to ISO or to hard drive, I get an immediate message box saying "Drive E is not ready". The disc plays fine in a DVD player, but the fact that all other discs in the season 6 set have ripped with no issues does make it point to an issue with the disc. I am using the default settings in AnyDVD.

I have attached the ziplogs of one disc which worked (disc 3) and also the disc that doesn't work (disc 4). I have also noticed a difference in the status windows:-

Working Disc - Disc 3
------------------------

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD HD 7.4.7.0, BDPHash.bin 14-02-26-B)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7261S 1.03 OCT20,2010
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1944864 sectors (3798 MBytes)
Total size: 3751631 sectors (7327 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: XFILES_SEASON6_DISC3
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4!
Video Standard: PAL

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 14 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Failing Disc - Disc 4
----------------------

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 7.4.7.0, BDPHash.bin 14-02-26-B)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7201S 1.05 JAN22,2008

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2017648 sectors (3940 MBytes)
Total size: 4003930 sectors (7820 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: XFILES_SEASON6_DISC4
Media is CSS protected!

Found & removed bogus title set(s)!

I have also run disc 4 through CloneDVD, but as expected, since the copy protection does not seem to be taken out by AnyDVD, the CloneDVD copy process also fails immediately - log also attached.

I bought this set (X-Files Season 6 Complete) from Amazon UK.

I think that's everything, but let me know if I missed anything :)

Cheers
Dan

View attachment xfiles_s6_d4_clonedvd_log.txt

View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.7.0_Info_H_XFILES_SEASON6_DISC3.ziplog

View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.7.0_Info_E_XFILES_SEASON6_DISC4.ziplog

Hi,

I have been ripping my X-Files DVDs to ISOs and all have been fine except for one. When inserted, it seems as though the scanning is successful but when I try to either rip to ISO or to hard drive, I get an immediate message box saying "Drive E is not ready". The disc plays fine in a DVD player, but the fact that all other discs in the season 6 set have ripped with no issues does make it point to an issue with the disc. I am using the default settings in AnyDVD.

I have attached the ziplogs of one disc which worked (disc 3) and also the disc that doesn't work (disc 4). I have also noticed a difference in the status windows:-

Working Disc - Disc 3
------------------------

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD HD 7.4.7.0, BDPHash.bin 14-02-26-B)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7261S 1.03 OCT20,2010

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 1944864 sectors (3798 MBytes)
Total size: 3751631 sectors (7327 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: XFILES_SEASON6_DISC3
Media is CSS protected!

Using local database!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 14 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Failing Disc - Disc 4
----------------------

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 7.4.7.0, BDPHash.bin 14-02-26-B)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-7201S 1.05 JAN22,2008

Media is a DVD.
Size of first Layer: 2017648 sectors (3940 MBytes)
Total size: 4003930 sectors (7820 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: XFILES_SEASON6_DISC4
Media is CSS protected!

Found & removed bogus title set(s)!

I have also run disc 4 through CloneDVD, but as expected, since the copy protection does not seem to be taken out by AnyDVD, the CloneDVD copy process also fails immediately - log also attached.

I bought this set (X-Files Season 6 Complete) from Amazon UK.

I think that's everything, but let me know if I missed anything :)

Cheers
Dan

View attachment 24700

View attachment 24701

View attachment 24702
AnyDVD deleted a bunch of title sets from your disc 4, and I don't understand why. I assume this is a bug in AnyDVD, or some funny authoring error on this disc.
Anyway, this workaround should work:

In AnyDVD settings -> Video DVD -> settings disable the checkbox "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" for this disc and click "OK".

Let me know, if it works now. Don't forget to reset the setting when you're done.

Hi James,

I tried the setting and it did enable me to rip to ISO without error. However, I still get an error when trying to rip to DVD files using AnyDVD or CloneDVD2. The error this time is different - IFOTitles3. I also tried to mount the ISO in VCD and then use CloneDVD2 to rip to files but it failed the same way as when using CloneDVD2 against the real DVD.

I've attached the log output for cloneDVD2, should I run another AnyDVD create log file with the setting disabled (or would this just give us the same log as before?).

Cheers
Dan

View attachment xfiles_s6_d4_clonedvd_log1.txt

Hi James,

I tried the setting and it did enable me to rip to ISO without error. However, I still get an error when trying to rip to DVD files using AnyDVD or CloneDVD2. The error this time is different - IFOTitles3. I also tried to mount the ISO in VCD and then use CloneDVD2 to rip to files but it failed the same way as when using CloneDVD2 against the real DVD.

I've attached the log output for cloneDVD2, should I run another AnyDVD create log file with the setting disabled (or would this just give us the same log as before?).

Cheers
Dan

View attachment 24703
Does this disc play on your PC?
According to the log, VTS_02_0.IFO to VTS_05_0.IFO are all damaged.

Does this disc play on your PC?
According to the log, VTS_02_0.IFO to VTS_05_0.IFO are all damaged.

I did try the disc in my bluray/dvd player i have attached to my TV, but it was only a quick check on a couple of episodes and scenes within - i didn't realise that a few of the IFO files are damaged! i will try them out in my player, but how can I find out which bits to play to test IFOs 2 to 5?

If they are damaged, is there any way they can be repaired or recreated?

I did try the disc in my bluray/dvd player i have attached to my TV, but it was only a quick check on a couple of episodes and scenes within - i didn't realise that a few of the IFO files are damaged! i will try them out in my player, but how can I find out which bits to play to test IFOs 2 to 5?

If they are damaged, is there any way they can be repaired or recreated?

I believe he asked if you can play it on your PC. That is not the same as your standalone player. Results can sometimes be different between PC and standalone.

I believe he asked if you can play it on your PC. That is not the same as your standalone player. Results can sometimes be different between PC and standalone.

good call! I had to search through a bit as everything I initially chose played out fine, but I eventually found scenes in the second episode where playback was really impacted - it seemed like I got a frame every 60 seconds or so.

that's good though as we have proved it is a bad disc and not anydvd :) i'll have to see if I can get a replacement from amazon (although I did buy it over a year ago so I don't think they will be too helpful!).

thanks for the help guys, on a sunday as well!!

cheers
dan

Back