• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Message Code 3

PhoneyVirus

Wow really tell me why I purchased this software if I get this Audio code protection using AnyDVD, the Movie is Endless Love been play in Sony's S1100 Blu-ray player.

“Audio outputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust the playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia™
and is not authorized for playback on this device. For more information, see http://www.cinavia.com. Message Code 3.”

Sure I have the Western Digital TV Live but that ant the case serious Skysoft should've had some form of this is their ripping software. Quick search reveals crap from Cinavia containing the error code on screen etc and a piece of software iDeer that say it can remove it, again this ant the case Skysoft should of have such a thing included with their software. What is the point if you can't watch it in the DVD/Blu-ray player witch the girlfriend was trying to do, until I took the problem into my own hands. Kinda wish I hadn't and it got blown off, not this especially when you purchased software that apparently should have remove it. If IDeer is offering it for free why ant this included with AnyDVD not to mention AnyDVD HD. Also found a thread on VideoHelp Forum about the problem it's giving the community.

Anyone's feed back would be truly helpful on this matter Thanks :(

PhoneyVirus

Well the iDeer is just a Blu-ray playback software, it doesn't remove Cinavia it just ignores it as it only plays back on a computer, and unless they are an officially licensed software they don't have to include Cinavia detection. There are many players out there that are like this and they are unable to play back the full disc with the full menu structure, they make up a quick menu and link to what they hope is the correct playlist for the main menu.

Oh and iDeer isn't free, it puts a message on the screen until you pay them either a yearly or 2 yearly or lifetime subscription for something that is basically based on VLC(which is free). I'd rather pay for the upgrade of a new version of PDVD or TMT every year or 2 and get full disc playback and just run AnyDVD in the background and let it block Cinavia playback

AnyDVD also allows you to remove Cinavia on playback on a PC but it has the added advantage of stopping commercial players such as PowerDVD and Total Media Theater from detecting Cinavia, so you can use a quality Blu-ray playback software that plays back with full menus and no Cinavia

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, found that out last night when I dug a little harder, and doing so found more information on the matter with Skysoft mention. It's not looking good for Skysoft from this perspective when your been out done by someone else aka DVD-Ranger.

Here are two articles from TorrentFreak that lead me to DVD-Ranger:

Cinavia Anti-Piracy System “Blocked” By AnyDVD
‘Unbeatable’ Cinavia Anti-Piracy Technology Cracked by DVD-Ranger

We haven’t really cracked anything,” they told us. “We simply disable the software player’s ability to see the trigger when AnyDVD is running and doing the Cinavia muting as built into their product.

So there you have it, something you payed good money for can't remove it, as it just stops the trigger from interacting with the code on the disc, and can see VLC Media Player doing the same workaround. Sure it's works but that's not the case when you payed good money for something that should have removed it period. What do I have to purchase DVD-Ranger too? maybe Skysoft should put a warning ad above there software telling the user/buyer about such problems that exist with Cinavia error messages 1, 2, 3 or 4?

On the plus side of things, the movie is Endless Love on DVD NOT Blu-ray that was rented from Redbox and decrypt using AnyDVD, then edited cough with Shrink and burned using ImgBurn played in Sony's S1100 DVD/Blu-ray player. Some people don't seem to have this problem with their DVD/Blu-ray players because it didn't go into affect until 2012. So some people got away with it until now or until their players kicks the bucket. Still Skysoft needs to inform their buys about this problem and it should be assist indefinitely without a doubt.

I'll continue to support Skysoft on anything they see fit, but something like this needs attention and shouldn't be over look. Like they stated

“As far as a global ‘stop’ when playing a burned BD copy we are a long way from that. We are working on a solution to defeat Cinavia in connection with our pending product Slyce since AnyDVD can not do this, but this will not happen until later in the year,” Slysoft concludes.

Well guest what, it's been more then a year and noting seems to be done with such annoyance, especially when you payed good money thinking it got removed.

Thanks and would love to see what the developers have to say on such a problem that could potentially lead to getting the rug pulled from underneath them, leaving them with noting. Let's just hope that every dvd on the market from here on out don't have these problems, because if they continue to ignore such a little problem and when the time comes it'll be to late to deal with it.

PhoneyVirus

Putting cinavia on a DVD or a BD costs money, over and above the normal production costs of creating the discs. Sony, the copyright holder of the Bluray format, mandated that BD stand-alone players manufactured after Feb 2012 have to detect the cinavia watermark. Sony did the same with their Playstation consoles. So far not a single DVD player is known to detect the watermark.

Regarding the DVD Ranger "solution" you might want to do some further reading to find out just how viable it is: Cinavia and a third-party product So far nothing but claims have been made, no independent verifiable results; the audio samples available are horrible.

So there you have it, something you payed good money for can't remove it, as it just stops the trigger from interacting with the code on the disc, and can see VLC Media Player doing the same workaround. Sure it's works but that's not the case when you payed good money for something that should have removed it period. What do I have to purchase DVD-Ranger too? maybe Skysoft should put a warning ad above there software telling the user/buyer about such problems that exist with Cinavia error messages 1, 2, 3 or 4?
Well guest what, it's been more then a year and noting seems to be done with such annoyance, especially when you payed good money thinking it got removed.
I, too, would love to see the Cinavia watermark removed. However, I really don't see why anyone would "pay good money" for something he thinks the software should do when he could try the software for free before spending any money on it. AnyDVD HD comes with a free 21 day trial period.

Also, VLC media player definitely does not do the same workaround that AnyDVD HD does. AnyDVD HD prevents licenced and fully BD capable players such as PowerDVD from detecting the Cinavia watermark, which is something that VLC media player does not.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of the 21 day trial, I purchased the software years ago. It's not the case of watching the video with VLC Media Player or PowerDVD, it's the fact that this piece of software should have removed Cinavia watermark because it's part of the media your ripping.

As of now I would really like to here from the developers on the matter and would appreciate it, if you the forum members don't have something good to say about the problem that seems to exist, because it's part of the media your ripping. I don't want to see or read about it, sorry serious I'm.

This needs to be took into consideration that the software apparently can't remove it, there's making it useless to even use, not alone recommending it to someone, again because you thought they were the best. Like I sated above or below I'll continue supporting Skysoft no matter what they see fit, but this needs to be addressed as soon as possible, why it's only a matter of time before it's to late. Plus they said below on the quote their working on it, it's been well over a year, so sorry if I sound like a tool or douche bag but the question you need to ask yourself is. When will I have this problem? Please don't answer that here, unless your one of the developers or someone that can give me some incite to the problem aka removing it altogether so I can watch it in the DVD Player. Thanks

PhoneyVirus

The developers have said previously that Cinavia can not be removed 'on the fly' therefore AnyDVD will never remove Cinavia.

AnyDVD is designed (IMO) for "on the fly" unrestricted media playback, on a PC. Currently it achieves that completely.

Cinavia is not an issue on a PC thanks to AnyDVD -

1. AnyDVD allows all media playback on players that do not enforce Cinavia (VLC/MPC/XBMC etc).
2. AnyDVD prevents players that do enforce Cinavia (PDVD/TMT/WinDVD etc) from detecting it.

Looking at it from a developers perspective, AnyDVD has done it's job.
That's the biggest weakness with Cinavia protection, it doesn't even have to touched, to be rendered useless.

If you want to remove Cinavia completely with a Slysoft product, then you will have to wait for Slyce, which will eventually tackle this.
Until then you will either have to find a different playback device or use the original disc in your current player.

cinevia problem?

I don't know what everyone wishes to achieve with these stand alone players. It seems to me, that if your trying to rip a disc, duh, you have a computer. the aftermarket players ie: the and pdvd already upconvert the video to 1080p so why not just save your isos or dvd files to your hard drive and watch your movies on your tv via hdmi from your pc? at the present, there is no-one out there yet that has found an answer to the cinevia problem, so instead of inscessent complaining, i have just done what ever i need to do to rip and watch my movies in the best quality i can.

If you want to remove Cinavia completely with a Slysoft product, then you will have to wait for Slyce, which will eventually tackle this.
Until then you will either have to find a different playback device or use the original disc in your current player.

Thank you but would love to hear from the developer on such a topic, it's not hard to let the people know their future plans. Nevertheless none of you people get what I'm saying and probable will never, I'm just about to give up on this altogether. Maybe all of you should read the full Thread over and when you done read it again...

It's not the case of watching the video with VLC Media Player or PowerDVD, it's the fact that this piece of software should have removed Cinavia watermark because it's part of the media your ripping.

What part of this don't you people understand, I'm just about to lose it with hard heads, serious read it and when you done read it again!! Please stop talking, just stop the embarrassment you people are putting yourself through please stop it. :bang: P.S This Thread is done until I see some from or effort from the developers on this matter. Simple yes we are looking into it and not something that's over a year old something. :bowdown:

PhoneyVirus

Thank you but would love to hear from the developer on such a topic, it's not hard to let the people know their future plans. Nevertheless none of you people get what I'm saying and probable will never, I'm just about to give up on this altogether. Maybe all of you should read the full Thread over and when you done read it again...

What part of this don't you people understand, I'm just about to lose it with hard heads, serious read it and when you done read it again!! Please stop talking, just stop the embarrassment you people are putting yourself through please stop it. :bang: P.S This Thread is done until I see some from or effort from the developers on this matter. Simple yes we are looking into it and not something that's over a year old something. :bowdown:

PhoneyVirus

The developers have discussed Cinavia and the upcoming Slyce software in many, many threads.
Those too lazy to search and self research don't warrant a special personal reply - just because they stamp their feet.
Search the boards regarding Cinavia - you'll find all the info you desire.
Also... Cinavia is a rare issue on DVD's as compared to Blu-Ray.
You are far too self important - ie - "This thread is done" whenever we or the mods decide we're done posting.
Cinavia is beyond the scope of AnyDVD - because it does not prevent the copying of a disk in any way at all.
AnyDVD provides a "workaround" for many software players. That's the best it can do.
You threaten to "lose it" - OK - but then you become a "squeak toy".

-W

PS: What in Cods name is this "Skysoft" you keep talking about ???

Also: Your reference to Torrent and Piracy boards is not welcome - and labels you.
Solutions aimed at blatant Piracy are not within the scope of this venue.
This (AnyDVD) software is for legit backups of DVD's that you can claim at least "some right" to back up OR at least archive.

Last edited:
I've learned to live with it rather than waste time bitching about it. I have a AIOS and a USB optical drive attached for the rare occasion I want to archive to blank media, Cinavia is not even a consideration.

@PhoneyVirus
I don't see why you have a problem with peoples answers. ddjmagic has already told you all you are going to get from the developers
The developers have said previously that Cinavia can not be removed 'on the fly' therefore AnyDVD will never remove Cinavia.
and

They won't say anything more.

Stamping your foot and thinking that those of us who have been dealing this for a few years have no idea only embarrasses you not us.

Back